How do you rate the new coaching staff? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you rate the new coaching staff?

I was one of the posters who wasn't thrilled about the Gailey hire, along with some of his assistant's, who were with the Jets; when Gailey was there. I thought they'd bring an old and stale offense and didn't think much of anything would Improve.

But in spite of some questionable coaching or play calling in the first two games, things have drastically changed and improved over the last 4 games.

Steve Marshall has done a better than expected job as the Offensive Line Coach. He has 3 rookies playing competent and sound football. Can't ask for more than that. Great job.

The use of the TE in the offense has been a revelation. Gailey has made the position a weapon for opposing defenses to account for. Another great job.

Overall; I'd say, smiles all around.

Last edited:
It's an incomplete body of work. They just made a decision that will define the season and possibly their regime and we haven't even seen that play out for one game.

Worst Oline in NFL per expert stats, obviously 3 misses on drafted rookies - fire Oline coach.
Started fitz over Tua - fire Flores.
Replaced fitz top 5 qb this year with injury prone, feeble QB - fire Flores again.
He's old - fire Chan.
Horrible defense in first two games - fire all defense coaches.
He's not a coach but - fire Ross.
This team is an absolute dumpster fire!
Awesome if you get the sarcasm. :))

Thats why I included Fitz in my post to be fair...

These last wins will do much for the confidence of this young team which will help them buy in and will give them belief in their own abilities. This is the best I have seen this team in some time.

Last edited:
It's an incomplete body of work. They just made a decision that will define the season and possibly their regime and we haven't even seen that play out for one game.

Except they are 22 games into their regime.

Giving the fan base a decent sample from which to grade. The next phase will begin next week. Hopefully we get 10 full games to judge going into the offseason.

Chan Gailey = god
That’s really all that needs to be said here. Chan was roasted by many as too old and his concepts won’t include the tight end...etc. Well look at him now. Seems to be adjusting very well to the game and huge fkn kudos to Flo for making the change from O’Shea.

Back when I was still a referee, I ran into a LOT of older coaches. Believe me, those slippery old bastards could rarely be out thought or fooled.
Chan might not speak the modern slang, but he's smart... real smart.

Its progressing as I hoped which has not happened since Shula left. That's saying something

Back
Top Bottom