How do you think Ronnie Brown thinks about all this Ricky talk? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How do you think Ronnie Brown thinks about all this Ricky talk?

Keebler229

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ronnie, our first round pick who thought he was going to come in and be the savior of this team. how do you think he feels about Ricky coming back and the fact that he might not be the first RB on the depth chart? As a #2 pick overall you would have to believe your going to be on the field most of the time and be a huge factor to this team. Now no one knows for sure if Ricky is even coming back, but if he does we dont know where he will be on the depth chart... But anyway, how do you guys think Ronnie feels about all this spotlight being taken away to Ricky?

doesnt really matter...ronnie b will be startin anyway. i bet he's a lil pissed but itll b interesting to see how he reacts.

Ronnie will still be #1 on the depth chart. He is a team guy, that is why he will work out even if Ricky is here and they split carries. Besides, Ricky wont be around long term, we'll trade him first chance we get imo.

I posted this same thread yesterday one response later they/we had totally changed the subject.
personally I worry about the young guy not phisically but ya know this can be kinda unnerving for a kid who's been a #2 for so long. But I'll Bet he'll be fine I still dont think #34's gonna make it back.

DonShula84 said:
Ronnie will still be #1 on the depth chart. He is a team guy, that is why he will work out even if Ricky is here and they split carries. Besides, Ricky wont be around long term, we'll trade him first chance we get imo.

I agree. RW is short term and likely trade bait, unless this only "2 seasons left in me" talk stays around. Of course that does seem realistic from a guy who likely just wants to get his money again and leave, before being all beaten up. Then he can relax, teach Yoga and do what he wants when he wants. That's possibly his honest oulook now, whether it changes or not.

If nothing else, 2 seasons and no trade means less wear on Ronnie for now.

Probably feel the same way he did in college, he'll be a little dissappointed, then he'll do what's best for the team, in other words he'll make the most of his playing time, and do everything he can to get this team a win every week.

He's probably thinking he's a better back than pothead in even if Ricky wasn't 35lbs underweight.

He's probably right too.

He's probably annoyed, but not as much as his agent will be. He's about to get paid and suddenly a guy two years removed from the rushing title is considering showing back up. He just lost a bit of leverage.

Brown is going to be a stud. He'll still get a chance to prove it.

If Ronnie is the player and man I would like to think he is, I imagine he's a little ticked but is eager to go out there and make us all ask "Ricky who?"

Even after the 4 game suspension. I can't imagine Ricky is near as close to playing shape as Ronnie is right now. If he shows some promise in the first 4 games, I can't see Ricky coming back and taking his spot.

Wildbill3 said:
Probably feel the same way he did in college
Exactly, sharing playing time is a situation Brown is used to being in. I bet he isn`t thinking about Ricky coming back (I`ll believe that when I see it). Brown is gonna get more than his fair share of carries this year, even if Ricky makes it back.

Keebler229 said:
Ronnie, our first round pick who thought he was going to come in and be the savior of this team. how do you think he feels about Ricky coming back and the fact that he might not be the first RB on the depth chart? As a #2 pick overall you would have to believe your going to be on the field most of the time and be a huge factor to this team. Now no one knows for sure if Ricky is even coming back, but if he does we dont know where he will be on the depth chart... But anyway, how do you guys think Ronnie feels about all this spotlight being taken away to Ricky?

Well it won't be too much of an issue...it's not like RW will be taking carries away from Brown to start anyways...and even when he does get thru his suspension and restoring his body to playing shape, RB can do some things that Linehan wants in his backs that RW cannot. While RW can catch the ball, Brown is a reciever as well as a back...Linehan will devise plays to RBs strengths. RW will not be the starting back this year at any rate...physically, that would be asking too much of him, making him susceptible to injury. So Brown won't have to worry too much IMO this year.

Ronnie will welcome Ricky with open arms....this will not affect his contract or his future status of the team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mike (toledo): If you get drafted by the dolphins and ricky comes back during the offseason...would you be excited to be playing with him?

Ronnie Brown: I would definately be excited to play with him. I would like to learn as much about football as I can from him. He's had a great impact on the NFL.

I have to run but thanks for the questions!

this was on espn sports nation chat with ronnie brown before he was drafted.

Back
Top Bottom