How Does A Planned Tank Job Work? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does A Planned Tank Job Work?

You guys do realize what we will do is unload bad contracts and not spend big in FA. That’s it, the extent of tanking. The players and coaches will be trying to win and could have some limited success.

I do know this “Dolphins are tanking” talk is getting around. WEEI Boston was having a good laugh over us supposedly tanking for Tua. To quote them, “that will be a mess”. There point was why would Brady and Bill retire with the current state of the AFC east.
Current state? They have owned the AFC as a whole for 20+ years now...Only Pitt,Indy w/ Peyton and Balt have even tried to fight back....every other team is just a speed bump.

20 seasons...Let that sink in

This tanking for Tua is just stupid. That is not the way you rebuild a franchise. This team needs rebuilt from the inside first. Its OLine and Dline needs rebuilt thru some free agents and the draft.
Worry about that weakness first.
I would try to get Foles rather than a rookie QB this year or next. Foles is proven playoff winning QB. Tua or Haskins or Murray is not.
The goal should be get the guts of the team fixed.

How patient do you think Ross will be?

If Grier doesn’t get a difference making qb he will chop his head off.

Ross basically said 10 wins isn’t enough. Lol

Perennial contender. Yeah that has top shelf qb need written all over it.

Better hit on that qb pick Grier and don’t wait too long. You might not be around to make it

Wouldn’t every other team in the league be aware of this rebuild and decide to not trade for any older players knowing Miami doesn’t want them to begin with?

Maybe.

Some teams will give a pick, albeit a lowball pick, rather than wait for a cut and possible competition in FA.

IMO you take whatever you can get. Rebuilding is done through the draft. We need to stockpile picks.

The thing is...There is no guarantee that they will pick the right player even if they get the 1st pick. History says they will botch it ...
I agree our gm/ hc and f/o is problem. they screw up pick. guy that is picking was part of crew. you don't have tank to get qb. if u winning 6 to 8 game yr.
I have a feeling lock may go too half of first round earlier than many of us suspect. Not saying I want in on him but I have a hunch about him. Denver is interesting to me I'm pretty sure it's consensus that keenum isn't long term there
no qb want go to Denver. John Elways doesn't have patient to groom qb. you will be cut by yr 2yr. if u cannot preform right away.

Current state? They have owned the AFC as a whole for 20+ years now...Only Pitt,Indy w/ Peyton and Balt have even tried to fight back....every other team is just a speed bump.

20 seasons...Let that sink in

Basically that there was no end in site. They were laughing at Gase in NY and us supposedly tanking for Tua.

Basically that there was no end in site. They were laughing at Gase in NY and us supposedly tanking for Tua.

I have the directv regional sports network and basically always tape Felger and maz etc and they are basically always laughing at everyone else.

You want to buy yourself time. Get yourself a top shelf d. It will buy you qb time.

It won’t buy you much but it will give you more than if you don’t have a top shelf d and you don’t have a difference maker at qb.

All I know is if they don’t pick a qb in the 1st 2 rounds this upcoming draft, you know where their priorities are going to be for the 2019 season. Just get ready and embrace the suck, because 2019 will be a year for the new offensive line and defensive line to get acclimated together and ready for 2020.

I have the directv regional sports network and basically always tape Felger and maz etc and they are basically always laughing at everyone else.

I’m a Big Show guy, but only have a half hour commute 4 days a week. I’m not in the car too much.

You didn’t describe tanking.
The difference between rebuilding with a young, inexperienced team and tanking is huge.

You call it what you want. If you start a guy like Fales with no experience to go with our lack of playmakers, a Swiss cheese defense with a brand new coach inheriting a team that easily could or should have won 4-5 games that would be a great start. Obviously no big FA signings and cutting the big money old guys. To outright tank you do NOT upgrade at the QB position. You just mercilessly let the season play out. Did you watch Oakland? That with a QB worse than Carr. Also like to keep some talent like Tunsil.

All I know is if they don’t pick a qb in the 1st 2 rounds this upcoming draft, you know where their priorities are going to be for the 2019 season. Just get ready and embrace the suck, because 2019 will be a year for the new offensive line and defensive line to get acclimated together and ready for 2020.

EMBRACE THE SUCK....Like the motto

Any insight on how we plan to tank in 2019? I understand the basics such as playing younger guys, but if you are an athlete or coach you play to win. How can you account for luck, catching teams at the right time..etc? If we are winning in the 4th by 2 scores do we fumble intentionally? How about the paying fans? Do you want your team to loose ?..tickets arent cheap. Do we want the jests, buffalo and the cheatriots to sweep us Or are we going to be so bad that it wont matter? Every year a team comes from no where and wins. What if we get out the gates 4-0? Do we know for sure that qb,s in 2020 going to be franchise changers ? I mean t tua and who ever else can have a career ending injury during their season then what? Thoughts?

Gut the team of over priced veterans, start a rookie qb drafted no higher than the 4th round, or fales, or someone equally unproven.

you can’t possibly plug every hole on this roster in 1 year, draft oline and dline, don’t sign expensive veteran free agents and go out and try and win as many nfl games as you can next season.

In all likely hood, with an unproven or rookie qb, and still tons of holes to fill in the roster you will likely go 4&12 at best.

This tanking for Tua is just stupid. That is not the way you rebuild a franchise. This team needs rebuilt from the inside first. Its OLine and Dline needs rebuilt thru some free agents and the draft.
Worry about that weakness first.
I would try to get Foles rather than a rookie QB this year or next. Foles is proven playoff winning QB. Tua or Haskins or Murray is not.
The goal should be get the guts of the team fixed.

If Miami skips out on a QB next year, they deserve to be garbage for the next decade.

Back
Top Bottom