How Does A Planned Tank Job Work? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does A Planned Tank Job Work?

It's really simple:

Step 1. You jettison your veteran quarterback who will win too many games and eat the cap hit now.
Step 2. You jettison your other quality veteran starters and eat the cap hit now.
Step 3. You don't sign any pricey free agents.
Step 4. You play Luke Falk or a rookie quarterback and let the guy learn on the job.
Step 5. You have a 'youth movement' and 'coach up' a bunch of draft picks / nobodies.

Bam. Your 7-9 team is a 3-13 team. Hopefully.

The narrative seems to be that 2019 is a tank year. Was wondering how do you go about planning to tank. It's one thing to be a bad football team, it's another planning to loose

The best way to do it is to have a really terrible quarterback. That’s what the Colts did in 2011, kind of by accident. So we’ll have a good head start on the competition if the QBs on opening day are David Fales and Luke Falk. Would almost trade a seventh round pick to the Raiders for Nathan Petermen just to be sure.

You want to ensure a tank you put crappy players on the field. And pray the ones you like don’t get hurt

letting all ur good talents go. will let you get a top qb that is used to being on stack team in college. the result is going be 10 yr off more losing. any body support tanking be careful what u ask for.

You never try to lose, you just benefit from looking at players that normally wouldn't started, let them gain experience. And you get rid of almost all above 30, and expensive contracts that you know arent worth it. In this case, on offense you cut/trade TaMEHhill, cut Gore, Sitton, Kilgore, try to trade James if not then retain him, cut Amendola, let Parker go. Start Falk (the younger one), Gesiki all year, Smythe, Grant, Wilson, Stills, Ballage and Drake, start young OLs, Tunsil, Davis as RT, Asiata, Hilliand and Draft pick at OG.
On defense try to trade TJ or Jones, whomever lands the value you expected. Cut Quinn, let Wake go, try to trade Alonso, cut Branch, try to trade McCain, let Hayes go. Start Taylor and Godchaux, Woodward, Harris, and rotate with young players and draft picks, Baker, McMillan, Polling or a draft pick, Armstrong, Howard, Tankersley, McTyer, Fitzpatrick at FS and if Jones Is traded Smith or new young player at SS. Also, if a premium player like Tunsil or Howard Is nagging an injury you let him rest as long as needed an a little more. You will finally see what you got in players like Asista, Tankersley, Harris, Gesiki, McMillan, McTyer, Smythe, Falk, and other young newcomers. FA only young and cheap players. This should be an evaluation year. It would be interesting if you do the same with coaches, let them be creative, let them risk some, put players into some challenges so you can evaluate them, like Baker on coverage, TJ at LB, Stills on the slot, Smythe as FB, Ballage on short yardage, Harris on run downs, Davis at RT.
It would be a dream to know by years end what kind of needs we have, and have lots of draft capital and lots of CAP.

It will boil down to the QB. What is most likely to happen is we aren't going to be bad enough and the site will implode. We'll probably be between 6-10 and 8-8. We have too many offensive guys who can score on any play (Wilson, Grant, Drake) and too many good players in the secondary (Howard, Minkah). Those rooting for 1-15 and 2-14 will be very, very disappointed. You'll all tell me I'm wrong now, I'll remind you when I'M RIGHT. As we've learned nothing is better than being RIGHT about what we post on here.
I definitely disagree. We do have some talent in the seconday, but this team has a lot of holes. If we start Fales/Faulk I don't see us winning more than 3 games. Look at our schedule, its brutal.

I would just call the Indianapolis Colts for their take on all this. They are the experts!

It will boil down to the QB. What is most likely to happen is we aren't going to be bad enough and the site will implode. We'll probably be between 6-10 and 8-8. We have too many offensive guys who can score on any play (Wilson, Grant, Drake) and too many good players in the secondary (Howard, Minkah). Those rooting for 1-15 and 2-14 will be very, very disappointed. You'll all tell me I'm wrong now, I'll remind you when I'M RIGHT. As we've learned nothing is better than being RIGHT about what we post on here.

Guarantee this post doesn't go over well.

tenor.gif

:lol:

I would just call the Indianapolis Colts for their take on all this. They are the experts!

So we need our starting QB to need Spinal fusion and be un-expectantly ready for the season, sign a vet to salvage it only to see him get hurt and then finally play the 3rd option at QB? Sounds like a good plan :rolleyes:.

After Tanking and getting our QB should, we ask the Colts how to get blown out in the playoffs? They seem to be pretty skilled at that as well.

Last edited:
The best way to do it is to have a really terrible quarterback. That’s what the Colts did in 2011, kind of by accident. So we’ll have a good head start on the competition if the QBs on opening day are David Fales and Luke Falk. Would almost trade a seventh round pick to the Raiders for Nathan Petermen just to be sure.
Well most on here already think we have a horrible qb, yet we still won 7 games?

Back
Top Bottom