How does a talent poor roster acquire this many quality picks. And what does it mean? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does a talent poor roster acquire this many quality picks. And what does it mean?

I think Grier is acutely aware of his own limitations. This is why draft veterans Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie were brought in to assist Grier in rolling out his vision. He's not alone, so let's stop saying can we count on Grier. It's more like Grier, Flores, Allen and McKenzie and 14 other scouts, both college and pro. I feel better knowing that we have very solid guys backing up Grier. Last time we had money and picks Ireland crapped the bed and set this franchise back a few years. Who can forget the great Dion Jordan? So, I understand the concern, we've screwed this up before but I never liked Ireland, the little weasel, and now we have top people assisting our GM. This is a massive risk. We've become a joke again in the NFL but I have much more faith in Grier, Flo, Allen, McKenzie to right the ship than I ever had in recent past regimes. It's all riding on the tank now so we better get Tua!!

I believe with the draft capital acquired this year, Grier will try to parlay that into YEARS of multiple 1st rounders.

Suppose we have the 2nd, 10th and 22nd picks. We may trade down from #10 for the other teams first this year and a first next year. Depending where that team is in the order, it may net a day two or three pick too.

Something similar could happen for 22. A poor team might want to trade back into round one. Imagine getting a 2,3 and next years first from someone who drafted in the top ten. That means you drop back 10-15 spots to get a potentially high pick next year.

I really don’t think they are going to shoot their load of picks in these two drafts. I think it is going to fuel 3-5 drafts of movement and pick acquisition.

I think Grier is acutely aware of his own limitations. This is why draft veterans Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie were brought in to assist Grier in rolling out his vision. He's not alone, so let's stop saying can we count on Grier. It's more like Grier, Flores, Allen and McKenzie and 14 other scouts, both college and pro. I feel better knowing that we have very solid guys backing up Grier. Last time we had money and picks Ireland crapped the bed and set this franchise back a few years. Who can forget the great Dion Jordan? So, I understand the concern, we've screwed this up before but I never liked Ireland, the little weasel, and now we have top people assisting our GM. This is a massive risk. We've become a joke again in the NFL but I have much more faith in Grier, Flo, Allen, McKenzie to right the ship than I ever had in recent past regimes. It's all riding on the tank now so we better get Tua!!
Agree with everything you said, except the "Tua is the only way" comment. That may, or may not, be the best way. It's speculation/opinion, whereas the rest of your well thought out post, while still opinion, it wasn't presented as "ablolute" fact.

Grier is making all the right moves regardless of the continued criticisms.

Hes proven to be a good talent evaluator and now he's proven to be a great dealer

I feel great with him leading the way.

I don't have time for people who want to say "he did a great job with this but I still don't trust him to do that".

He's done more to prove he is worthy of managing the fruits of his labors than anyone. He doesn't need my permission and doesn't need any fan's permission.

Holding back respect and reserving judgement to save yourself from looking wrong if he fails is childish.

He's already done more than anyone in his post previous and most around the league.

He created lemonade for himself. He will be the one that drinks it.

This is his chapter in Dolphin history to write. No one else's we are just here to watch

I agree with your comment. To rephrase: It's my fondest hope that since we're ****canning the whole season we better get something great out of it or this fanbase is going to be up in arms. I don't know if Tua is going to be our pick if we do get the #1, but at the moment it seems that way. You never know how things shake out. I thought Trevor Lawrence had a tough game yesterday. He didn't really look very comfortable under pressure and he flat out missed a bunch of throws. Meanwhile Tua is throwing 6 TD passes and running in another. I'm not a guy that's totally sold on Tua. He very well might be the guy and he very well might not! Right now I'm liking the strides Rosen is showing. I hope we can keep him upright today!

Gase probably has a plan to go 0-16 and steal the 1st pick of the draft just to kick us in the nuts....revenge is a strong motivator.

That's a lazy statement. We will be become the Browns because we have multiple first round draft picks?

We are desperate though, desperate for a winner. We have a front office that literally doesn't care what anyone thinks. That's more ballsy, than desperate.

As if Brian Flores is going to trade a 1st round pick for Odell Beckham (or any WR).

Heck, if even Adam Gase was smart enough to not pay Jarvis Landry $14 Million a year. I am supposed to worry that Flores will?

Over 2 years, the Browns evaluated Goff, Wentz, Mahomes and Watson and passed on all 4 but decided Baker Mayfield was worth the No.1 pick in the draft. I'm not worried about emulating that.

"Lot's of first rounders" he says, as if it's a bad thing.

Weak.

Do not care in the slightest what you think. The Browns are proving my point nicely.

Wack.

Seriously. We loaded up. But it shows how poor the rest of our roster is. Not a lot of teams could pile it up like this.
I’m with you on this ,but if you can get first round picks for these guys it’s not such a bad Idea do rebuild threw the draft and do it rite , usually I don’t believe in this but we haven’t made the playoffs in how many years so why give them Extensions, we’ll just be sitting at home wondering why the nfl doesn’t make Ross sell the team

Gase probably has a plan to go 0-16 and steal the 1st pick of the draft just to kick us in the nuts....revenge is a strong motivator.
the broncos are also up for the #1 overall.

you just know elway wants to draft yet another 1st round qb that comes good finally to wash off the stain of his inability to draft a qb

If Gase, and the jests get Tua, the "odds" of him being a bust will skyrocket.

Yeah that plan would include him being fired, Your not allowed to do that when you go get the most expensive running back in the NFL (who sucks by the way).. Gase always came off to me as an egomaniac and not that creative an offensive guru as he was portrayed.

If gase is talking to the scouting department to push for leveon he is a fool, leveon was a product of that steelers system for the most part.. As you can see now that he is out he is a slightly above average running back. Leveon's style to me very similar to Carlos Hyde who had a few good seasons in the 49ers kaepernick system now just straight sucks

Root for Cincinnati tonight we own that Pittsburgh pick, can also root for the Texans to lose. Have picks 1,2, and 11 would be awesome. Take Tua and sell Fromm to some QB needed team for a fortune in picks.

Gase won games he shouldn't of, that was mind boggling and the team got worst every year he was here also mind boggling considering we were borrowing money from players to pay other players making there contracts cancerous.

Was a bit of a joke saying Gase would go win less :shrug:

They’re going to be looking for scheme and culture fits, not necessarily stars. That doesn’t always require first rounders, but it does require multiple picks. I don’t think it’s likely that we use all of those picks in their intended slots. For example, I could see us trading away the Pittsburgh first rounder, likely to be higher now that Big Ben is out, to a team looking to draft at QB.

Unless Young or Jeudy is there I wouldn't be opposed to that.

In all seriousness, Gase is quite possibly the worst NFL HC right now.

I saw an article reflecting on the Jets current offense could possibly be the worst they have had in recent memory.

It is not a coincidence our offense was completely inept with him at the helm.

He spends too much time involved in controversy for people to realize he simply is not a good HC. Everywhere he goes he is a cancer and systematically removes anyone who challenges him. This behavior makes naive individuals believe he is some sort of unfairly judged genius.

I'm sorry, he is not. True genius is the ability to apply your knowledge regardless of circumstances. It is a knowledge that transcends its environment and proves to be the most powerful force in it.

He simply is an immature intellect who cannot handle challenges to his intellect or authority.

He is quite possibly the worst hire we have ever made. And the Jets did not even heed our mistake.

Back
Top Bottom