How Does Breida Get More Touches? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does Breida Get More Touches?

I wish we'd do more motions and such with Breida to get him the ball in space. He's incredibly explosive.

Gaskin has been solid at getting 1-2 extra yards that aren't there, but he's not really getting explosive plays.

I wish we'd do more motions and such with Breida to get him the ball in space. He's incredibly explosive.

Gaskin has been solid at getting 1-2 extra yards that aren't there, but he's not really getting explosive plays.

Yep. Gaskin is a jack of all trades and a master of none. Breida is a game breaker, he's the take it to the house threat every time he touches the ball. Flo is a coach that rewards hard work, and my guess is the hard work for Gaskin probably goes back to last season as well. I am hoping that Breida starts getting more touches. That guy is lightning in a bottle, and I completely agree on the mismatches.

It's looking like Parker and Williams are getting healthier and showing separation again (granted against a depleted secondary) so if they can spread it out more it will open up more running lanes. I so want to see Breida doing a wheel route down the sideline with a backer trailing him by 8 yards...

I'd have switched it. All season.

Breida would have gotten all of Gasky's touches, and vice versa.

I'd do that going forward.

I admit, I didn't watch Breida every play, but I wonder if some of his missed opportunities has anything to do with pass pro
I'm sure of it.

For his size, Gaskin it very competant at picking up free rushers. He knows his assignments, and executes. That means a lot to Flo.

He has come light years since camp last year.

Hard work by him, and good coaching/teaching by the staff.

Just split the carries for now. Alternate series. They both provide benefits to the run and pass game.

Breida is the better back. :wink
He is the faster runner, but IDK about better all around back. Flo, obviously, doesn't think so, and trusts Gaskin more at this point.

There's room for both.

Just split the carries for now. Alternate series. They both provide benefits to the run and pass game.
I think right now, it's more package and situation specific. Not a big believer in the alternating series, just because.

He is the faster runner, but IDK about better all around back. Flo, obviously, doesn't think so, and trusts Gaskin more at this point.

There's room for both.

Breida has put up over 5 ypc over the course of a season before and is averaging roughly the same as Gaskin despite the latter getting far more looks. Breida is certainly the better runner though Gaskin is better in the passing game.

There is room for both but we haven't made much room for Breida.

Back
Top Bottom