How Does Breida Get More Touches? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does Breida Get More Touches?

Breida has put up over 5 ypc over the course of a season before and is averaging roughly the same as Gaskin despite the latter getting far more looks. Breida is certainly the better runner though Gaskin is better in the passing game.

There is room for both but we haven't made much room for Breida.
Like I said in other posts, I think a lot of the difference in # of snaps, is pass pro ability.

I am sketchy on both backs holding up the entire season. Howard really needs to retire. So that really leave Laird and the rookie free agent we just brought up. Really need a 3rd option moving down the road.

I can't hate on Gaskins.

He is another version of Damien Williams.

Breida needs more consistency to expect more touches.

I think the increase in touches is coming with the benching of Howard, and as another poster pointed out... he can cut into Grant's touches as well.

It's nice to have multiple weapons. Teams don't really know who to game plan against.

Breida has put up over 5 ypc over the course of a season before and is averaging roughly the same as Gaskin despite the latter getting far more looks. Breida is certainly the better runner though Gaskin is better in the passing game.

There is room for both but we haven't made much room for Breida.

Gaskin and Breida are pretty much the same back role wise. I really don’t think they make a good duo. I think we let Breida walk and add a back that Gaskin complements in the draft or FA this year.

Maybe when we play a defense that isn’t playing the back up corners of the backup corners?

Mach, not really sure. Like someone else mentioned he seems like a jack of all trades master of none. Don’t get me wrong I like him but I have the idea of a three down back in my head who is a horse

Mach, not really sure. Like someone else mentioned he seems like a jack of all trades master of none. Don’t get me wrong I like him but I have the idea of a three down back in my head who is a horse
Thing is, there are, maybe, a half dozon of those in the league at any given time, and of those few, the average shelf life of an elite back is short.

There are only a few ways to get one.

Spend a high rd1 is the most likely way, but even that is no gaurantee. Most teams don't do that anymore, because the position is not valued like it once was. There are various reasons, but longevity is the main fear. Some teams operate on the philosophy of run them into the ground, and draft another one in three years, and you aren't doing that with high picks either. Even if they do pan out, you have to pay big $ to resign them at exactly the time they are likely to trend downward.

Option two is free agency. Again, big $, and high risk of decline.

Option three is get very very lucky with a lower draft pick, but the odds are against you there, and you still have to pay big $ to resign them.

That is why, unless a guy is an almost sure HOFer, teams prefer to just have a system where multiple role player types do what they do well, and when they can't, plug is another guy with a similar skill set. It's cheaper to not only retain guys that way, but also to move on from a player.

I am sketchy on both backs holding up the entire season. Howard really needs to retire. So that really leave Laird and the rookie free agent we just brought up. Really need a 3rd option moving down the road.
Howard does appear "done", both in terms of ability, as well as Flo's patience.

IDK if Flo's quick hook is a result of learning when to let go of a bad situation, from last season's Ballage fiasco, but I approve.

Having howard inactive does leave us without a power, short yardage back, but I'm fine with lining up with a lead back, and giving it to Gaskin, Laird, or even Brieda for the remainder of this year. Who you going to get that moves the needle at this point, without giving up picks?

I'm having a hard time understanding the love for Breida. I didn't watch him much in San Fran, but he hasn't overwhelmed me when he gets the ball as a Fin. Gaskin on the other hand, has me pretty intrigued. He picks up blocks, catches well, he's patient in finding holes, and seems slippery at times.

Why is everyone trying to insert someone else? Flo knows!!

I'm having a hard time understanding the love for Breida. I didn't watch him much in San Fran, but he hasn't overwhelmed me when he gets the ball as a Fin. Gaskin on the other hand, has me pretty intrigued. He picks up blocks, catches well, he's patient in finding holes, and seems slippery at times.

I don't think people are paying attention to what Gaskin is doing. So many times he should have been tackled in the backfield against SF and he made a guy miss and turned a loss into a 2 or 3 yard gain. A lot of little things that add up and are going unnoticed by the casual fan. Gaskin almost always falls forward after contact as well. Breida clearly has speed and he's really solid in the passing game on screens but I think these two guys are starting to settle into their roles on the team.

I watched Breida in San Fran. He is incredibly fast and has great vision. The numbers attest to how good he was.
I don't think he has shown what he can do in Miami. He also gets about 25 percent of Gaskins carries and rarely gets well blocked lanes which Gaskin gets every once in a while just due to his number of carries.

Jay Ajay was kept on the bench for a 2 yards per carry Arian Foster. Flores rode Ballage over sn empty jersey last year. I don't just assume that staffs make the best personnel calls. They frequently don't.

Back
Top Bottom