How Does Breida Get More Touches? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Does Breida Get More Touches?

Hmmm....

IDK.

I'm not convinced he will ever be the back he was with Pittsburgh.

Seems like a guy that will mail it in, now that he got the big payday, and a second is worth eating 20+ million. At least thats how I see it.

Agreed... would only take him in a salary dump.

I’m good with Gaskin getting the bulk of the carries right now..His consistency for how he sees plays unfold and attacks The LOS is refreshing to me and comforting.. I know what ima gonna get and that has value..

Against weaker fronts like what were gonna face this Sunday and a little more experience by him and our oline I expect better numbers..

I’ll say he goes for a 125 on Sunday total yards..

I doubt Gaskin has many 125 yard days in his career.

Give all Grant's plays to him, solve two issues with one swell foop.
Miami needs new backs... Najee Harris of Alabama is in the Derrick Henry mode, not quite as strong but much faster and Athletic... He played behind other backs that are now in the NFL, such as Jacobs and Damien Harris...He might be just what the Doctor ordered

Yeah from scrimmage I agree. Not rushing though.
How many RB's can rush for 125 behind this line. We may have improved in pass blocking, but we are still a bad run blocking line.

It will take either Oline improvement or a better RB than we have to ever see much over 4 ypc or 125 yard games.

And the answer to the original question, is you inactivate Howard. Last week Breida had a season high 9 carries. He was averaging 4.5 with Howard. Add a few catches and you already have Breida at 10-12 touches a game without even needing to bring up Gaskin.

Last edited:
Almost any player on this team earns reps by performing during the preparation Phase of the week - practice, film study, value added, lifting -work hard and get better.

Miami needs new backs... Najee Harris of Alabama is in the Derrick Henry mode, not quite as strong but much faster and Athletic... He played behind other backs that are now in the NFL, such as Jacobs and Damien Harris...He might be just what the Doctor ordered
I am a proponent of that medicine.

One of the biggest early season surprises is the lack of touches for Breida. Granted, Gaskin is playing well so that certainly factors in. Grant has struggled so I get what the OP is saying there. Breida definitely gives the team big-play potential. I'm not sure if he can help in the slot. Perry and Bowden are two other players I want to see more of. Maybe one of those guys replaces Grant. Grant needs a breakout game to continue to get playing time IMHO.

People complain that Brieda always gets hurt and then wonders why we’re giving him limited touches early in a season with limited workouts and no preseason.

trying to save him. Plus Gaskin is playing so well.

Back
Top Bottom