How does NE continue to get lucky with their schedule? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How does NE continue to get lucky with their schedule?

AtlantaPhin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have already thought it was ridiculous that we have had to play there in late December or January several times in the last 5-6 years, last year being the exception. However, in years past we always got our home game in September or early October with the heat and if we had to go there late in the year it usually resulted in a split.

Now they get to come to Miami in November and we have to go there January 1. Seems a little lopsided to me.:shakeno:

AtlantaPhin said:
I have already thought it was ridiculous that we have had to play there in late December or January several times in the last 5-6 years, last year being the exception. However, in years past we always got our home game in September or early October with the heat and if we had to go there late in the year it usually resulted in a split.

Now they get to come to Miami in November and we have to go there January 1. Seems a little lopsided to me.:shakeno:

Good football teams can win anywhere and in any elements.

Stop whinning about playing the Pats in Foxboro in December.

it doen't bother me that much, the only thing any team can control is their play regardless of where they play. You can't get hung up on an issue like that.

Actually the NFL is against them You guys are great spoilers to NE that they think you will do the same this year. :D.

AtlantaPhin said:

Take a look at their first 6 gms(4 on the road). Realize that both times we play them they are comming off MNF games. And then hopefully come to the conclusion that there is no friggin bias. No bias against us, no favoritism to them. None to anyone. There are always going to be imperfections and everyone will be unhappy about certain aspects of their schedule. But its the best they can do and I'm sure that you'll still enjoy the season.

PatsFanTX said:

Bingo. I hate it when people complain that we have to play in cold weather. It means nothing. If you're good enough, you'll win. Ask the 2002 Bucs who won the NFC Championship game in Philly, and could never win there before that.

FireWrongstedt said:
Why do people always have to ***** about stuff that really isn't that important?
Because history clearly dictates NE doesn't win in Miami in September or October and Miami doesn't win there in December. NE has won once in Miami in Sept. or October and it happened 2 years ago. Miami has won there twice in December or January. Clearly there is something to the weather thing!!

This is for patfantx as well!!

Odds are, to get where we ultimately want to, we will eventually have to play in the cold anyway. Might as well get used to it during the season rather than the playoffs.

PatsFanTX said:

Even though we should hate eachother by just nature,:evil: I agree. It seems that NE gets lucky with their schedule because they win anywhere so it doesn't matter where they play at the beginning or end of the year...they just play. This really shoudn't be that important because if we make it to the playoffs in any given year we will inevitably have to play in piss poor conditions.

AtlantaPhin said:
Because history clearly dictates NE doesn't win in Miami in September or October and Miami doesn't win there in December. NE has won once in Miami in Sept. or October and it happened 2 years ago. Miami has won there twice in December or January. Clearly there is something to the weather thing!!

This is for patfantx as well!!

Blah blah blah. Don't you ever stop to think that if we beat them up there in January how much sweeter the win would be? There's nothing wrong with a good challenge. Stop being such a wimp.

the answer is simple and 2 fold:

1) they dont have to play the patriots 2 times a season.
2) they get to play the dolphins 2 times a season.

does that answer your question?

FireWrongstedt said:
Bingo. I hate it when people complain that we have to play in cold weather. It means nothing. If you're good enough, you'll win. Ask the 2002 Bucs who won the NFC Championship game in Philly, and could never win there before that.

And the exact same thing goes for cold-weather teams playing in the south in September.

I hate when my fellow Pats fans complain about playing the Dolphins in Miami in September.

Those are just poor excuses.

Good teams will win those games regardless.

FireWrongstedt said:
Blah blah blah. Don't you ever stop to think that if we beat them up there in January how much sweeter the win would be? There's nothing wrong with a good challenge. Stop being such a wimp.
Wimp??? I've sat through a few games up there in December and January including the 1992 game which we clinched the divison in overtime. Also still happens to be the coldest game to date Miami ever played in and won. You go ahead and sit through that for 3.5 hours and we'll see who the wimp is.

Back
Top Bottom