Votes: 68 48.6%
  • ...somewhat upbeat

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • ...not optimistic

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • (other)

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
I always find a way to optimistic about a new season...if you can’t you probably shouldn’t put yourself through the aggravation of being a fan.

I do see something different this year...I see a lot more young talent than the pundits recognize...I see holes filled that weren’t filled in the past.

The 2018 Dolphins are a camouflaged bulldozer of a team.

I'm ready to see the shocked looks of despair on the opposing teams coaches faces after we beat them.

I want to watch their coaches' post game press conferences, just to hear how we weren't that good and they just didn't play well. This will be especially satisfying after we beat them a second time!

Regardless of all the talk, how excited are you about the upcoming season?

Vote; Comment.

Not to be picky, but the answer depends on frame of reference.
If I will only get excited if I think Miami has a decent shot at the SB, No, I'm not excited.
If I think the team can look like a playoff contender by game 8, and I do, I'm optimistic.
If I want the team to be better than '17, I'm thrilled.

I'm just troll for laughs in June.

I feel like I'm getting better, though. No more cheap "spice must flow" jokes when a poster misspells Kalen's name as Ballange.

I am actively trying to temper my expectations. That little voice in my head that keeps saying stuff like, "What if Adam Gase knows exactly what he's doing? What if he's right and EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG?"

...it keeps getting louder.

I had to put other because I need something just below very excited.
And I would be if this were coming off of 2016 and Ryan wasn't injured.
But I place myself a notch above somewhat optimistic to very optimistic. I need to see what we're all about. Will it be the same check down to the slot offense and the same zero personality/energy defense?
Very optimistic and I hope we come out guns blazing.

I’m exited but this is the time of year I shut down my football brain and enjoy the summer. It makes the time go much faster.

I voted other, as my excitement level is "meh".

I think that they finally have some young talent on both sides of the ball (mixed in with a few good veterans), but I'm still underwhelmed with the coaching and playcalling. From the moment our Head Coach said that he prefers a short pass based offense (where the short pass mostly replaces the run; same as Philbin), I have been 100% anti-Gase. However, to be fair, Gase does try to add the running game and the deep ball to his offense. The only problem is that he's already wasted two years by not getting decent o-linemen who can both run-block and give Tannehill time to go deep. This is his third season and he's just now starting to really attempt to fix the line. They now appear better on paper, but we'll see. I'll try to change my view of Gase to a "let's see how his offense does this year" stance, but if he continues to keep calling short (or behind the line of scrimmage) passes on 3rd and long like he did with Landry then I'll be right back to looking forward to the next Head Coach!

Defense is where I have a bigger problem with the coaching aspect. From Coyle to Joseph to Burke, the defense has consistently under-performed. There's been poor tackling, players often caught out of position to make plays, poor coverage of the middle of the field, and WAY too many big runs given up at crucial moments. While Miami's dink-and-dunk offense has more than its fair share of 3-and-outs, Miami's defense seems to go out of their way to allow opponents to march right down the field on short passes. It hasn't mattered who was on the field, which leads me to believe that the defensive schemes and playcalling have been more ineffective than the actual players. This would explain why Free Agents who performed okay with their former teams seem to play worse in Miami.

I am for the most part, a very optimistic person, I always see the glass half full, but this year, I am ready to explode.

Somewhat upbeat... waiting for the all clear on injuries, crazy weather, bye week cancellations, London home games, etc...

Back
Top Bottom