Votes: 68 48.6%
  • ...somewhat upbeat

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • ...not optimistic

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • (other)

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm always excited till the team lets me down. Why feel down when the season hasn't even started yet? I like to be in a positive mood about everything as much as I can. Can't wait to see how we do this year. Can't wait to see if we made the right moves or not.
I hear you here. This is the first time I've been pessimistic about the season starting. Losing pro bowlers and replacing them with aged vets or wait and see types doesn't excite me.

Excited enough that my wife bought me a new hat. I know that the black tone hats aren't for everyone, but I like it because it's easier for me to (colorblind) to match with clothes. I wear a lot of blacks and blues.

thumb.aspx

I like it...where did she find it?

This. Forever positive until they’re mathematically out of the playoffs. I then hate them for a while and then hop back on board come free agency.

Circle of life baby.
ha, me since 2002. This year though, I don't feel excited. Instead of building upon the 2016 season, we seemed to regress tremendously.

The season I don’t get excited...will be when I know the league and players have ruined it for me ...by politicizing it...taking our escape from reality and insisting on pushing their agenda at work.

Which is a no-no for everybody...they are just finding that out.

Just because we are lifelong fans and will always love the Dolphins in sickness and health and richer or poorer til death do us part.....doesn't mean we have to be rah rah delusional fools.

We have no QB and no defensive interior.

Horrible, devastating mistakes have been made by the management and ownership of this team for over a decade now. If you were a real fan you would be demanding Ross sell the team instead of buying into the hoopla every off season.

The big festering cancerous tumor that is Stephen Ross and his sick and idiotic idea of a FO team remains, even though quality players have been added. This is the new NFL with even more pussified rules next year. If you don't have a top ten QB, you have no chance.

I see those fans who embrace the Dolphins future as an unending cornucopia of crap as the delusional ones.

Gase is 1 for 2 in getting to the playoffs and this year looks promising. In spite of all of crap that fell down on him last year, he almost made it 2 for 2. Maybe last year was a blessing in disguise, because it striped the veneer off the players and coaches who were posers, making it easier for the front office to determine who should stay and who needed to go.

Excited enough that my wife bought me a new hat. I know that the black tone hats aren't for everyone, but I like it because it's easier for me to (colorblind) to match with clothes. I wear a lot of blacks and blues.

thumb.aspx

... And today my amazing wife surprised me with this to go with the hat...
thumb.aspx

I have a lot of faith in Gase and I feel storm is quietly brewing in the form of an offense finally shaped to his liking. And the young promising secondary developed almost out of nowhere (though we know better). I think Drake is going to be a superstar this year and Gase is going to surprise the league with his talent at his disposal.

I see those fans who embrace the Dolphins future as an unending cornucopia of crap as the delusional ones.

Gase is 1 for 2 in getting to the playoffs and this year looks promising. In spite of all of crap that fell down on him last year, he almost made it 2 for 2. Maybe last year was a blessing in disguise, because it striped the veneer off the players and coaches who were posers, making it easier for the front office to determine who should stay and who needed to go.

I was under the correct impression this thread was about this year, not the ongoing future of the franchise. Though unstated, it was obviously implied the author was talking about the Dolphins surprising the league and winning a playoff game or something along that line of thought.

So we should all be really excited about the Cinderella Dolphins.

When I was nine years old and sitting around in my Dolphins pajamas I would have been right with all that excitement; as an adult, I'm betting with the Vegas odds most of the time this year, not against.

Not that this team won't have it's moments again like usual; there will be wins, and probably another one against the Cheaters, but if we go on to win a playoff game this season it will be a bona fide miracle.

When was the last time the Dolphins won a playoff game??

We will shock the world this year...even with all the shortcomings! At least that's my feeling today.

A Cinderella team
, yes indeed. How can any true fan not get fired up; especially as the season nears? You have to love it.

Easy. A true fan that's also a realist. I'm still not convinced in our quarterback play.

The closer we get to real football , the more fired up i get. I'm on here everyday as of about a week or 2 ago, so that's always a good barometer of my fired-up-ed-ness!

I'm cautiously optimistic - I think the players are there to field a good, playoff level team, but I know we can still go out there and stink just as easily.

Back
Top Bottom