How Far Can He Throw? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Far Can He Throw?

We need to stop this silliness. Tannehill has good arm strength when healthy nobody is disputing that but a 60 yard pass play is a whole different ball game from a 60-yard Hail Mary. We have never ever seen Ryan attempt a Hail Mary outside the San Diego game a few years ago.
In a Hail Mary if your trajectory is to high and your velocity to low the ball drops like a hot potato. If your trajectory is too low and your velocity is to high it sails out of the endzone. And if you **** up your grip on the ball you look silly like Ryan did in SanDiego a few years ago which I think was his only time he attempted a hail Mary. No pun on Ryan. These things just happen.

I am not sure if Gase would have opted to attempt a Hail Mary if Ryan would have had a healthy shoulder (I really doubt it from that field position) but with Tannehill's recent shoulder injury it was a no-go for sure.

You guys remember way too much stupid stuff.
We are full of useless knowledge. The more you read on FH the dumber you get.:lol:

A Hail Mary is a heckuva lot easier to throw, as youre not concerned with hitting them in stride or an INT from a floating ball.
They are two different passes. Neither one is easier than the other. If you go by shear velocity it is harder to throw a 60-yard (distance) hail Mary than a 60-yard (distance) pass play. On the other hand while a hail Mary requires some accuracy a regular 60-yard pass play requires pinpoint accuracy.
You were wondering why I ask you if you have ever seen a hail Mary. I don't think you understand the mechanics of a hail Mary or understand the difference between a 60-yard pass play or a 60-yard hail Mary. For you 60 yards is 60 yards.

i agree- im surprised he looked so fluid sunday on sime of those longer throws. hope that means he’s healing.

they dont need to press it.

Arm looked much better this week. When I went back and watched the Buffalo game again, I noticed that he had at least two throws that just straight up died on him in the air. And of course in the Indy game he had Stills open at the front corner of the end zone and simply couldn't get the arm on it.

Looked much better this week. Very hopeful the ankle doesn't impede his mechanics, ebcause he really needs the footwork now more than ever.

ill admit he had a lot of zip on his balls this week, but hes also tough as nails, a full game of throwing plus a bum ankle on top who knows...... but hopefully the arm has regenerexxxxed even more before the Minn game. hell maybe that's why hes storing stem cells, he is trying to make him self all powerful

I've seen him throw a football across a Dick's sporting goods store through a basketball hoop. I don't think there is anything this guy can't do.

https://www.thephinsider.com/videos/2013/12/4/5175002/ryan-tannehill-and-dude-perfect-trick-shots

and this..... this is 5 years old and has been on the thread for over a day and im just now seeing it...HOW!!!?? that was awesome. I actually watched the first couple episodes of one of there seasons then it started to get a little repetitive. thanks for the post, no clue how ive never seen.

i think Tannehill can throw it 70...look at the throw on the td to stills vs the chargers

he throws its from the 50 to the back of the endzone with ease with a guy in his face and gets pummelled

there is that throw tannehill threw from our own 30 yard line to like the 5 while getting hit to mike wallace, who didnt catch it...

Arm looked much better this week. When I went back and watched the Buffalo game again, I noticed that he had at least two throws that just straight up died on him in the air. And of course in the Indy game he had Stills open at the front corner of the end zone and simply couldn't get the arm on it.

Looked much better this week. Very hopeful the ankle doesn't impede his mechanics, ebcause he really needs the footwork now more than ever.
I do agree. The arms strength from the Colts game to the Buffalo game to the Pats game has increased.

We are full of useless knowledge. The more you read on FH the dumber you get.:lol:

They are two different passes. Neither one is easier than the other. If you go by shear velocity it is harder to throw a 60-yard (distance) hail Mary than a 60-yard (distance) pass play. On the other hand while a hail Mary requires some accuracy a regular 60-yard pass play requires pinpoint accuracy.
You were wondering why I ask you if you have ever seen a hail Mary. I don't think you understand the mechanics of a hail Mary or understand the difference between a 60-yard pass play or a 60-yard hail Mary. For you 60 yards is 60 yards.

thank you oh wise one... im pretty sure hitting a covered receiver in stride 60 yards away and in a spot where it cant be intercepted is more difficult. in fact, im sure of it......

exactly. i’m not saying there is no skill in it- you just overstated it.

thats why we see successful (catchable) hail marys 75-85% of time, and 60 yard catchable dimes maybe 5-10%.

How is this topic to 4 pages? There's still a person that doesn't recognize that Tannehill has a cannon arm?

This is a pretty cool thread and it's definitely about to hit page 5.

Lots of really entertaining threads the last few days. I really hope we don't lay an egg against Minnesota because this place is rockin' and I want it to stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom