How Far Can He Throw? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Far Can He Throw?

In a traditional, well blocked hail Mary, the qb usually gets a decent run up before chucking the ball.

If he had time and could get a running start on the throw, I think a healthy Tanny could get it in the middle of the end zone from where we were.

That said, his shoulder isn't 100% and we don't really afford him the type of protection he'd need for that throw.

So long story short, on this past Sunday my answer would have to be no.

How is this topic to 4 pages? There's still a person that doesn't recognize that Tannehill has a cannon arm?
If you would have read the 4 pages you would know that the vast majority thinks that Ryan has good arm strength (I have no clue what you define as cannon arm).
It is mostly about Hail Maries and the difference between pass plays.

I used to watch the qb competitions religiously. I think the weakest NFL arm I ever saw was a Giants qb (maybe Kannell?) can’t remember his name but he threw about 57yds.

Most QBs brave enough to show up threw it low 60’s up to 67, 68. After that you got into the real elite arms that I can remember. Randall Cunningham was wild but threw over 70. Testeverde held the record at 80. Favre was about 73 or so?

Marino threw it 65.

I would consider Tannehill to have extremely high arm strength, the play in the 2016 Charger game was incredible to me. Flat footed to the back of the end zone, a laser, one of the best throws I have seen.

When healthy, a 70 plus yard arm.

If you would have read the 4 pages you would know that the vast majority thinks that Ryan has good arm strength (I have no clue what you define as cannon arm).
It is mostly about Hail Maries and the difference between pass plays.

I read them. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom