Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Division round

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • Wildcard Round

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Miss the playoffs

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
There are six teams in the conference that are clearly better: Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, Browns, Titans, Colts, Broncos with Rodgers or Watson. Some teams that are going to be improved, could definitely be playoff teams: Patriots, Chargers, possibly Steelers, then an ascending non-playoff tier Jags, Jets, Bengals, then dregs like the Raiders, Texans. The Fins are in that Patriots, Chargers, Steelers tier in my opinion.

My first blush answer without seeing how the new pieces fit together is that we're good enough to think wildcard... and that Buffalo is still better,

But if all of our picks and FA signing pay off, and Buffalo has a key injury or two, we could pass them... I wouldn't put much money on that though.

I chose div round. I can see us beating the Tians or Pats in the wildcard and then losing to Cle or Bal in the Div round

Would still be amazing to see us win a playoff game.

Gotta make the playoffs. If we don’t I would say we had a failed season. If Tua is that dude then we will make the playoffs. I know other scenarios could play out, but with our defense the only thing holding us back is QB play.

This question is a tough one because we haven't seen Tua rise to expectations yet. So many "ifs" come into play when fans are predicting the future.... like the IF in my opening line (absent but implied).,,, looking at the schedule we could start out 0-2 and after the Ravens game we could be 5-5 with 7 games to play .....

IF we are 5- 5 by game 10 can we win 5 of 7 to get to 10-7? Does 10-7 get us in? It may, at that point, come down to tie breakers ....

I believe Tua is the wild card here. IF he plays to expectations we have a chance ... IF he doesn't we probably lose more than win ...
I think it's going to be tough to top last years win total unless Tua shows he is THE difference maker. IF he is the difference maker I see teams like the Pats, Saints Giants and Titans being closer to equal or less when compared to our Dolphins giving us a shot at a stronger record and a shot to win going forward into the playoffs.

I am not dogging Tua in my statements and I'm not trolling .... We have to have an answer at Qb before we can reasonably predict our future ...

The OL will determine how far we go. I feel this grp right now is our weakest link and the OL coach has not done a good job coaching. I need to see major OL improvements before I can feel confident saying we are a playoff team. First 5 games of the season will tells us a lot about this group and the OL coach.

What are your realistic expectations of this team?

All things equal, I will be disappointed if Miami isn't 'in the hunt' game 17. The problem is the number or rookies/2nd year guys. No one has complete confidence in how they will turn out. For all the predictions given here, everyone KNOWS 1-2 of the predicted top players will disappoint and 1-2 predicted average or below will surprise. Happens every year on every team. Who those players are will help determine Miami's fate.
Then there are the other 15 teams. I can turn pessimistic and say Miami is in the 8-10 range, or, be optimistic and place them top 5. 'In the hunt' is my minimum.

All things equal, I will be disappointed if Miami isn't 'in the hunt' game 17. The problem is the number or rookies/2nd year guys. No one has complete confidence in how they will turn out. For all the predictions given here, everyone KNOWS 1-2 of the predicted top players will disappoint and 1-2 predicted average or below will surprise. Happens every year on every team. Who those players are will help determine Miami's fate.
Then there are the other 15 teams. I can turn pessimistic and say Miami is in the 8-10 range, or, be optimistic and place them top 5. 'In the hunt' is my minimum.
I will be disappointed with anything less than a wildcard playoff spot.

I believe we have the talent, as a whole. On offense, aside from the obvious of QB play, it hinges on the O-line. On defense, we need to won 1 v 1 opportunities in pass rush situations, without constant blitzing.

It ultimately comes down to week to week gameplanning, in game adjustments, and the effectiveness of our staff implementing the strategy.

Did we move to the NFC. Because I wanted to vote for the made it to super bowl but lost to AFC champs.

Back
Top Bottom