How far do the 2021 Dolphins make it? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How far do the 2021 Dolphins make it?

How far do we make it in 2021

• Super Bowl Champs

Votes: 12 8.2%
  • Super Bowl but lose (AFC Champs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC Championship Game

Votes: 15 10.3%
  • Division round

Votes: 63 43.2%
  • Wildcard Round

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Miss the playoffs

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Realistically? We barely miss the playoffs or make the wildcard.

I voted for a loss in the Wildcard round, but that's with a moderate increase in QB play. If there's little improvement, it's probably yet another season of barely missing the playoffs and picking in the teens... for SF.

If Tua can make the jump a lot of QBs seem to make in year two, maybe we can upset a team or two in the playoffs.

Tenn has Aj Brown and Julio. I mean that's a nasty duo and then the best rb in Henry. Cle has O'Dell and Landry which isn't bad but not much depth. The TE spot is solid and they have a top 3 run game. Baker and Tannehill though don't inspire much confidence in me. Neither does Tenn D.
Tannehill is 516 of 767 (67%) for 6561 yards, 55 TDs, 13 INTs and 11 rushing TDs the last two years.

Tannehill 12 TDs 13 Int in 17 games his rookie season.

Tua 11 tds 5 ints in 8 games.

If you wanna get on your knees for Tannehill.... im sure there is a Titans board waiting for you somewhere.

If the OL improves dramatically over last year and the defense is as least as good as last year, I expect the Dolphins to make the playoffs. I’m not the least bit worried about Tua. I just need to see the OL block better in the running and passing game and if It does, I think the Dolphins will be a top 10 offense next season.

I think the Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and possibly the Colts are still better than the Dolphins. So they might win one playoff game but I don’t see them winning more than one playoff game.

I can live with that kind of "pessimism" - LOL

They won a playoff game and nearly knocked off the Chiefsi in KC in the next round after finishing 11-5 in the best division in the NFL. There quarterback threw 2 interceptions the last 10 weeks of the season and their best receiver was out for the year. They've got a top 3 OL, a top 3 run game, a transcendent edge rusher and completely rebuilt the one glaring weakness they had The Browns are for real.

Are we? We didn't make the playoffs, never should of beat the Raiders, defeated 1 team with a winning record, had a defense not nearly as good as some people think, ranking 20th in total defense, while being sixth in scoring defense (playing some of the worst offenses in the league), our OL is bad, our QB was awful. The DL is bottom tier.

Pump the brakes a little. This team has all the earmarks of a regression from the 10 games it won last year. There is a lot of overconfidence considering what the Fins actually did last year.

Have you considered that all those teams we played that had losing records, had losing records because they played us? - LOL

When the question is about how far we will go in the playoffs, I feel it's fair to say we've "turned the corner" in development as a team.

It hard say what dolphins might do..every blue moon. we make playoff..than lots almost making playoff. Last 2 year it seem like we are in right direction...we will see how it turn out in 2021...

I expect Miami to push for the division, but you'd have to favor Buffalo at this point. Beyond that, I expect Miami to be a tough out in the playoffs, so I have them winning in the WC round.

Anything short of that will be a disappointment for me - how disappointing depends on how short.

Yes, projecting... did you know that was the entire point of the thread you are in? Welcome!

Projecting a QB is pretty much worthless when it comes to ranking them into tiers.

You're just saying "Tua is as good as them because I think so"

Sorry but that isn't evidence based and doesn't mean a thing to me. People thinking that type of logic is okay is why the world is such a screwed up place.

I don't mean to be rude but I'm not sure you're fully comprehending the conversation.

Its a question of whether Tua should be in their tier or not. My contention is no, not until he proves it on the field.

If you have a reason he should be put into their tier without proving it, please tell me as it will advance the conversation and actually be on topic.

I understand what you're saying. I simply disagreed with a process you were using to give your opinion more credence.

We can certainly move on.

Back
Top Bottom