how good could we be if.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how good could we be if....

nolefin

thank you
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
6
Age
42
Location
nashville,TN
we signed ty law, traylor and feeley played really well this year. could we be super bowl contenders? i know it sounds crazy but if feeley plays well and the o-line does good why not what would we be missing? am i being to optimistic?
 

LarryFinFan

Left So Fla, never the Fins...
Joined
Mar 10, 2004
Messages
7,694
Reaction score
2
Location
NC
That's an awful lot of ifs...it's intriguing, but not realistic to think they will all happen together...stranger things have happened though...
 

Fins 34 Bills 3

Practice Squad
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
rickysux said:
we signed ty law, traylor and feeley played really well this year. could we be super bowl contenders? i know it sounds crazy but if feeley plays well and the o-line does good why not what would we be missing? am i being to optimistic?
In todays day and age, with free agency etc. IMHO the head coach is the deciding factor (unless you have Peyton Manning).

YES, we have a chance IMHO.
 

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,497
Reaction score
0
rickysux said:
we signed ty law, traylor and feeley played really well this year. could we be super bowl contenders? i know it sounds crazy but if feeley plays well and the o-line does good why not what would we be missing? am i being to optimistic?

Rookie RB, Rookie Coach, new scheme, Very suspect Oline, and as of now, pretty bad QB...

.500 is were you should shoot for.

But even with your "ifs" how would yo get past, ..say the colts, or the cheifs?

They have way to much offensive firepower and your secondary is a eal weakness.
 

TIDEPHISH

Practice Squad
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
dallas
Fins 34 said:
In todays day and age, with free agency etc. IMHO the head coach is the deciding factor (unless you have Peyton Manning).

YES, we have a chance IMHO.

I havent watched peyton manning be the deciding factor in a superbowl yet have you? heck all I've seen him do is choke trying to get there !!!
 

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
6,224
Reaction score
215
Location
Somerset, England
Losman7 said:
Rookie RB, Rookie Coach, new scheme, Very suspect Oline, and as of now, pretty bad QB...

.500 is were you should shoot for.

But even with your "ifs" how would yo get past, ..say the colts, or the cheifs?

They have way to much offensive firepower and your secondary is a eal weakness.

I have to agree--it is optimistic, but who thought that the Bills would end up the way they did after an awful start last year
 

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
9,591
Reaction score
1
Whitedolphin54 said:
I have to agree--it is optimistic, but who thought that the Bills would end up the way they did after an awful start last year
we kept the same system but hired a new OL coach. It takes times for the OL to gel plus the Willis factor.
 

FemaleFinFan

Go G-Men!
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
0
Location
Philth-a-delphia
As much as I'd love to see us a SB contenders, I think we'll be extremly lucky if we even make the playoffs this year.
But here's hoping!
 

welderpat

RINGLEADER WELDERPAT GANG
Joined
Aug 4, 2003
Messages
685
Reaction score
0
Location
Port saint lucie
Losman7 said:
Rookie RB, Rookie Coach, new scheme, Very suspect Oline, and as of now, pretty bad QB...

.500 is were you should shoot for.

But even with your "ifs" how would yo get past, ..say the colts, or the cheifs?

They have way to much offensive firepower and your secondary is a eal weakness.


As bad as I hate to agree with a Buttaholeo fan any thing better than 8-8 should be considered a good year. The playoffs would be a reach.

BUT WE WILL FINISH AHEAD OF BUFFALO
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
 

dolphinfan2k5

I don't want a large Farva
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
2,913
Reaction score
0
Age
32
Location
Iowa
IF we sign Law and IF he is healthy and returns to old form and IF we sign Traylor and IF Feeley plays great I think we would have an ok shot at the playoffs but with our safties both being new and with a new system and everything I just don't think we should have much expectations this year. Next year is another story though. I think we have a great chance at making the playoffs in '06 and maybe going all the way but that is a long way away from where we are right now.
 

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
6,948
Reaction score
4
Location
Maryland
rickysux said:
we signed ty law, traylor and feeley played really well this year. could we be super bowl contenders? i know it sounds crazy but if feeley plays well and the o-line does good why not what would we be missing? am i being to optimistic?
That definitely is a lot of big IF's. But if we do sign Ty Law, Keith Traylor, and AJ played really well this year... (Assuming we can keep most of our guys healthy), I feel that we would be a playoff contender if all of those things happened added with what we have now. And I know for fact if we reach playoffs, we have a 1/6 shot of going to Super Bowl and a 1/12 shot of winning the Super Bowl .I like those odds. :cooldude:
 

Dan13Marino

Practice Squad
Joined
Apr 27, 2005
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
i think we can compete for a playoff spot. with the weak schedule, and new coach. but will not do much after that. 8-8 is a realistic goal.
 

Whitedolphin54

From the land of legends
Club Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
6,224
Reaction score
215
Location
Somerset, England
welderpat said:
As bad as I hate to agree with a Buttaholeo fan any thing better than 8-8 should be considered a good year. The playoffs would be a reach.

BUT WE WILL FINISH AHEAD OF BUFFALO
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:


I think with new coaches, players etc that an 8-8 record would be commendable--i would then expect us to go on into the playoffs the following year----But--what if--we end up with a losing record--will Saban be the pits then ,just like Wanny was--what do you think guy's
 

FemaleFinFan

Go G-Men!
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
1,461
Reaction score
0
Location
Philth-a-delphia
Dan13Marino said:
i think we can compete for a playoff spot. with the weak schedule, and new coach. but will not do much after that. 8-8 is a realistic goal.

According to the analysts, we ha=ve the toughest schedule in the league. I remember it being said in an article somewhere...
But I think its easier than they are saying
 
Top Bottom