How Good Do You Want To Be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Good Do You Want To Be?

PhinYZIR13

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I just began reading Nick Saban's book, "How Good Do You Want To Be?" and was just wondering how many of you have read it. I'm about 80 pages in and have already learned so much. It's very interesting and is definitley getting me even more excited for this year. Also, it is not only about football, but life. I've definitley learned alot about what type of football team he is going to try and build here. I can also understand his media restrictions too.

Some of the things that I really liked that he preaches to his team are how to overcome adversity...this is very important for this team. Also he is big on staying focused on the present task, being patient, being in control of his team, and having strong work ethic.

One thing that really caught my attention was when he talked about success. Saban says "You should always evaluate success. Just like we often go back to the drawing board after a loss, we should do the same after a win. The evaluation itself should not be affected by the game's result."

These are just some of the values I expect to see in our team. This all sounds like the opposite of Wanny. I could go on and on about the book, but this post is long enough. So I recommend everyone to go out and read it. The future is looking bright Dolfans!

6'4" and according to the lying scales at the Dr.'s ofc today 325 lbs... yeah, thats me, Yoda...

Bottle Nose said:
Good it sounds... read it I will maybe.... your second or third language English is?
That literally made me laugh OUT LOUD!!:roflmao:

Bottle Nose said:
6'4" and according to the lying scales at the Dr.'s ofc today 325 lbs... yeah, thats me, Yoda...

To quote a great line from the movie Full Metal Jacket:

"I didn't know they stacked **** that high!" :D

Just kidding. Just remember before trashing someone about their English on these boards that we have Dolphin fans from all over the world. Some of those Dolphin fans speak and type broken English but at least they try.

Damn that was pretty bad writing lol. :roflmao: I'll admit it...I tried writing that while I was on the phone with my girlfriend and man did it show. I am not the best multi tasker as you can now see. Hmmmm...this a little embarassing, but go ahead and lay it on me :rolleyes: lol. I just got off the phone with my girlfriend so let me go and edit that. And by the way I am 100% American. GO DOLPHINS!

I just edited it...don't know how the hell my sentences got all jumbled like that. I must have clicked or did something, because my thoughts didn't come out like that lol. Also I find it kind of ironic that at the same time I am working on a d@mn English paper.

Waterboy said:
Awesome truck on your aviator!!! Is it yours?

Man I wish it was mine. That truck was actually at the Dolphins game I was at last December and was in the corner of the endzone. It's the only game I've ever been to so I'm not sure if it is always there, but it is definitley badass.

Bottle Nose said:
PhinYZIR13... Just trying to add a little humor to the boards...

LOL....you know it dude. Gotta try to keep the boards going strong this boring time of the year.

LOL, now I just wish I would of seen it before it got edited ... hmmmm or maybe I dont.

Back
Top Bottom