How Good is Braylon Edwards Compared To... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Good is Braylon Edwards Compared To...

no receivers from Michigan ever do anything in the NFL to live up to their hype in college. he will be another David Terrell, mark my words, the bust of this years draft. Miami would be fools to touch him, we need a RB first.

Just because other recievers from Michigan have not panned out in the NFL doesn't mean that every person to ever play WR at the school won't pan out. I am not a Michigan football fanaticb by any means, but I do like them. I honestly think Edwards is going to be a top reciever in the NFL.

finsnchips said:
I think Roy Williams is the best WR out of the last two years... and then Mike Williams.

I'm not Braylon's biggest fan tbh, he's not my #1 receiver this year.
Mike Williams, would be my top pick at WR, but he didnt play last year, so its Braylon

Boik14 said:
Im pretty neutral on michigan but im not sold at all on braylon. Hes david terrel jr. he drops the easy passes, lacks concentration and doesnt have the pro speed to get downfield. Id rather draft no one at 2 and pull a minnesota vikings (only with no pick at all) than draft him..at least no one cant be a bust.
he has great downfield speed....great hands, greater than Gadsdon......i'd compare him to a Chad Johnson

perezferia said:
Hey, don't leave me hanging! Who won the matchup, Edwards or Poole?

Edwards caught 10 for 109 yrds, but no TD's. Keeping him out of the end zone was a big factor for the Trojans.

I watched the game (big Trojan and Rose Bowl fan), but I can't recall how often Poole covered Edwards. USC often used Poole in a variety of ways. He is a very good tackler and was great for them on corner blitzes.

Doktor Ivel said:
no, but he has better hands

The advantage he seems to have on Fitz is straight-line speed and possible the fact that he runs like a RB after the catch.

Doktor Ivel said:
he has great downfield speed....great hands, greater than Gadsdon......i'd compare him to a Chad Johnson
His hands are amazing (end sarcasm); thats why every scouting report questions them especially when he starts dropping those easy passes. His game speed is mediocore at best.

Hes not even the next david terrell, hes the next desmond freakin howard. He's garbage and if we take him ill :cry: cause its gonna mean another year of stinking.

Boik14 said:
His hands are amazing (end sarcasm); thats why every scouting report questions them especially when he starts dropping those easy passes. His game speed is mediocore at best.

Hes not even the next david terrell, hes the next desmond freakin howard. He's garbage and if we take him ill :cry: cause its gonna mean another year of stinking.
Ouch... that is a bit harsh. I'm not Braylon's biggest fan, but he'll do alrite in the pros. I'd be choked if we picked him at #2.

- Officially starting off the Andrew Walter bandwagon...
- Will be the steal of the 2005 NFL DRAFT whatever round he goes in.
Coach Saban draft this guy! :cool:
I'm President anybody else want to jump on this bandwagon?

Hey I want to be part of that bandwagon!!!!

Braylon is very good

Which ever team gets Braylon, I think got the most talented athlete in the draft this year, the only thing that might hamper Braylon's future greatness is if he gets hurt a lot.

I'm a Wolverine.

I've said this so many times that I am going to try to say it again in as few words as possible :):

Fast, quick off the line, makes the acrobatic catch, can dominate, excellent body control, good route runner but has room to improve, big ups, not overly elusive in the open field but can outrun defenders, not a great blocker, will get lazy on some balls, is inconsistent in practice, better prospect than Terrell but not Roy Williams. Bigger than Andre Johnson but not as fast. His frame is rock-solid. Has never really been dominated and always shows up to play. Had early problems with concentration but progressed. Is still getting better. His ceiling is sky-high but he has to want to get there.

Doktor Ivel said:
no, but he has better hands

Better hands than Fitzgerald? You are insane. Fitzgerald was considered the most sure-handed WR prospect in a decade.

Braylon doesn't even have the best hands on the team (see: Avant). He just has a beastly physique and is fast for his size. He has good hands, but not great. He'll make the highlight reel one-hander, then drop a WR screen for no apparent reason.

He's as big as Fitzgerald, faster in straight-line speed, similar body control, but may play a little slower. Also, not the character guy that Fitz is.

Back
Top Bottom