How Good is Braylon Edwards Compared To... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Good is Braylon Edwards Compared To...

ih8brady said:
I never understood what the point of that was. What do we stand to gain by waiting it out like Minnesota did?

The advantage is that you end up paying a lower signing bonus and a lesser contract. By effectively picking Kevin Williams at #9, as opposed to #7, the Vikings saved themselves some money. They knew that Williams would be there, so they didn't worry about someone else grabbing him.

As an added bonus for us, the home viewers, it makes the draft go a lot faster as the next few teams hurry to get up to the podium to get their pick in.

If we really wanted Edwards, could we do that? Not bloody likely. Someone would probably jump up in the draft at the first sign of hesitation.

WCUgodsmacked13 said:
no receivers from Michigan ever do anything in the NFL to live up to their hype in college. he will be another David Terrell, mark my words, the bust of this years draft. Miami would be fools to touch him, we need a RB first.

That's not fair. Anthony Carter had a pretty darn good career, as has Amani Toomer. And Tai Streets probably exceeded expectations.

Doktor Ivel said:
no, but he has better hands

Have you seen him play, the guy drops the easy one. Lose his concentraction way to often and until this year had a horrible work ethic which kept him in Carrs dog house.

phunwin said:
That's not fair. Anthony Carter had a pretty darn good career, as has Amani Toomer. And Tai Streets probably exceeded expectations.
Tough to say on Streets cause he was a solid prospect before his achilles. That robbed him of alot of his speed and he wasnt exactly a track star to begin with. Id say Streets has been what I expected him to be, a nice 3rd or 4th wr.

From watching Edwards he looks soft. He isn't going to be a WR that goes over the middle fearlessly like Keyshawn Johnson and Terrell Owens. And I think that says something about what kind of player you are. Are you willing to take the big hit for the first down? If not I don't want you on my team, let alone be the top pick in a draft. You gotta be a complete WR. Braylon Edwards is all about Braylon Edwards. If it is a running play he throws a chip of a block instead of putting in the effort of Hines Ward. If he knows he is not the hot read on the desgined play he will run his route soft. These are all the impressions I am getting from him.

Back
Top Bottom