How good is Brent Grimes? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Brent Grimes?

Da GODfather

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just saw that the Miami Dolphins have signed him to a 1 year deal worth 5.5 million. I haven't really seen him play, as
I don't usually watch Falcons games. I've seen a few highlight videos via youtube but you can only get so much from those, after all they are HIGHLIGHTS.

Does anyone have an idea of what we can expect out of him this year? I know he is coming off an injury. Does anyone know how far along his rehab is? Is he 100%?
I'm assuming he is an upgrade over Sean Smith, just by watching the youtube videos? How much of an upgrade do you guys think he is/can be over Smith?

Major injury concerns as he missed all of 2012 with an achilles and had knee surgery in 2011. The last time he was fully healthy (2010), he was a Pro Bowler.

One thing I have seen mentioned about him repeatedly is that he is actually a willing and aggressive tackler with very good ball skills. Certainly not the words I would have used to describe Sean Smith.

He is a pro bowler, best pure cover corner since madison and surtain. Obviously needs to stay healthy but this is a really big splash imo.

Grimes attack the ball in his area...
A good zone CB when healthy awesome pick-up by Ireland..

This season Grimes will play for a longer contract (2 to 3 years deal he's hoping )
His agent is his wife , who love to tweet..:dolphins:

My cousin is a falcons fan and I watch all the dolphin's games at his house since he has Ticket. I get to see a lot of Falcon's games because of this. And I can tell you Brent Grimes is a play maker when healthy. He is undersized but seriously has some of the best verticals skills of any corner. He can get in the air higher then Sean smith who probably has 4 inches on him at least. I'm sure there's highlights of these skills on YouTube. In short, that little man can jump.

Grimes is one of those guys who always seems to be in on the play. You hear his name way more often than you think you should.

Grimes is the best CB we now have. Restructure Patterson and draft another CB in the first 3 rounds. I think this takes the pressure off from drafting a CB in the first round.

To offer him 5 million, one has got to think he's healthy, or pretty damn close..

top 10 CB in the league when healthy..... now I believe this makes our first round pick Austin, Eifert, or Lane Johnson ( Oklahoma LT)

Good enough to get tagged after the 2011 season. If he's healthy, it's a great deal for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom