How good is Gibson? Can he push Hartline? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Gibson? Can he push Hartline?

Built2Win

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see some people are happy with the signing while others think Gibson is a waste of a roster spot.
Gibson had 51 catches for 691 yards and five touchdowns in 2012.
50271d1363228955titanshostramsfreeagentw-1.png
What stands out to me is Gibson had more touchdowns last year then the all the dolphins receivers! If Gibson can duplicate that production as the dolphins # 3 or 4# then we know Tannehill is progressing and spreading the ball around.

I see some people are happy with the signing while others think Gibson is a waste of a roster spot.
Gibson had 51 catches for 691 yards and five touchdowns in 2012.
50271d1363228955titanshostramsfreeagentw-1.png
What stands out to me is Gibson had more touchdowns last year then the all the dolphins receivers! If Gibson can duplicate that production as the dolphins # 3 or 4# then we know Tannehill is progressing and spreading the ball around.

Well if you put it into Madden rating about 80. More of a redzone threat than Hartline and Bess. can be a productive player for us next year. Excited about our O

Projected 3 or 4. But he wouldn't have agreed to come here unless he was told he would have a big role. I think he is our go to possession guy next year, and puts up similar yards to Hartline, more tds

It's good that he scores, but if its like 4 mil or over, i don't like it. However, I had a thought, maybe the plan (later on or now) could be to line up Gibson on the outside and move Hartline into the slot where he could eat teams up with his route running. Thoughts?

It's good that he scores, but if its like 4 mil or over, i don't like it. However, I had a thought, maybe the plan (later on or now) could be to line up Gibson on the outside and move Hartline into the slot where he could eat teams up with his route running. Thoughts?

Yeah but no need to reinvent the wheel. We already have bess for that

Hes our number 4 WR Hartkine is 2. Hartlines a better player but Gibson will be useful.

We have to stop thinking about our WR's as 1's, 2's, 3's, etc. Philbin's vision seems to use receivers as a group and puts them in roles according to their skills. I can see Gibson because of his comparable size and speed to Jennings, being used as a middle of the field to sideline or fade kind of receiver. We know how Wallace will be used. Bess will be our slot and chain mover. Hartline is Tannehill's safety net like what you may think a TE would be. Keller is our red zone guy who can fill the middle if the field as well while creating mismatches with LB's. Philbin has a plan for all the WR's

I can see Gibson because of his comparable size and speed to Jennings, being used as a middle of the field to sideline or fade kind of receiver.

Gibson is by no means a burner, not in any remote sense of the word. He posted a 4.62 40 a couple years back at the combine (I know 40 times are overvalued but they are still accurate), and people complain about Hartline's speed constantly on here and his lack of talent to create separation...yet Hartline posted .10 of a second faster than Gibson, and those two times are considerably different from each other.

Gibson only posted 100 yards after the catch the ENTIRE season last year which ranked him 167th of total YAC. I really hope somehow he fits in for us, because he isn't/won't do **** after his hands touch the ball.

Well if you put it into Madden rating about 80. More of a redzone threat than Hartline and Bess. can be a productive player for us next year. Excited about our O

What madden are you playing? Gibson a 80? Hahahaha. Gibson pushing Hartline? Hahahahahahahaha

Oh no yac he fits right in

That's what I'm saying...signing him pretty much takes Swope (a speedster who posted a 4.33 40, the 2nd best WR 40 behind Tavon Austin) in the 2nd/3rd round out of the equation. We were doing fine IMO until the Gibson signing...if his contract is $4m or more (which I am sure it is, or just below), you can bet he will be the 3rd guy, which would push us away from getting any legitimate rookies early in days 1-2.

What madden are you playing? Gibson a 80? Hahahaha. Gibson pushing Hartline? Hahahahahahahaha

yeah 51 catches almost 700 yards 5 tds..... Never said Gibson would push Hartline; Brian is clearly better....more like compliment Hartline

Back
Top Bottom