How good is Sewell? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Sewell?

Sewell compared to Jake Long?

Was Jake Long worth the pick?

I've seen his tape.... hes a very athletic linemen. Hes very impressive as a run blocker and solid in pass pro.

Had we not used so many picks on the line last year i would defenetly be more interested. But you can't give up on Hunt or Kindley or Jackson this soon. We also paid Flowers alot to be a starter in this offense. Taking Sewell is redundant. Its in the same line of thinking as taking Fields or Wilson. We just took two tackles last draft; just like we took a QB in the last draft.

Gotta give these guys more than a year.

If we stay at #3, it means we're sticking with Tua, which likley means Smith is the pick.

I'd say there is a 50% chance we trade down.... a 15% chance we trade the pick for Watson. So that leaves a 35% chance we stay at #3. Of that 35% chance we stay at #3, I give it a 10% chance we admit our mistake on last year's offensive linemen selections and take Sewell. So 10% of 35 is 3.5, according to my wildly ridiculous football math, we have a 3.5% chance of landing Sewell.

Lol this is prob the most ridiculous post I've ever made, ill just admit it in advance.

Taking Sewell isn't an admission of subpar drafting last year, it's called suring up your O-line. Not to mention the holes that'll be opened up for our run game. Our QB, RB's, and receivers will all benefit

Taking Sewell isn't an admission of subpar drafting last year, it's called suring up your O-line. Not to mention the holes that'll be opened up for our run game. Our QB, RB's, and receivers will all benefit
Ok so who do you bench? Jackson, Hunt, Kindley or Flowers?

Just depends on how much his technique has cleaned up. Elite level reach blocker. He will get his head across guys face.

but the pass pro as a sophomore at least showed a tendency to stop moving his feet after his 3rd step and technique that just wasn’t clean enough for a top 5 pick.

Top 5 pick I want a technician

He is the better option because there are an assload of wideouts available in this draft
Probably. But if Smith turns out to be close to Marvin Harrison who knows?

I'd look to sign Samuel in FA. That would take some pressure off needing a wide receiver so early. As it is, I think Miami deals down anyway.

"In his first two seasons, the sophomore power load allowed just one sack in 1,376 snaps with the Ducks and is a two-time first-team All American (In fact, Sewell did not allow a sack in his first 926 snaps).
Sewell also led the Ducks with 58 knockdowns or “pancake blocks,” putting defenders on their backsides like newborn babies."

Todd McShay quote:

“In two full seasons of starting, his freshman and sophomore seasons, he has allowed just one sack in 1,376 snaps. 1,376 times there’s been a defensive end lined up across from Penei Sewell trying to get to Justin Herbert. Only once have they been successful. I look at Penei Sewell and I see the first-ever true sophomore to win the Outland Trophy, awarded to the best interior lineman in college football.

“And I think that we might be so lost in the quarterback-ness that is the Heisman Trophy and NFL Draft. We might be missing a generational talent on the offensive line. I do think Trevor Lawrence is a generational talent at quarterback. I think Justin Fields may be the most prolific quarterbacks statistically in all of college football this coming season. But if we’re just talking about the best player, not who is going to win the Heisman Trophy, but the best player, I wanna make sure that I’m beating the drum for Oregon tackle Penei Sewell. Because I don’t know if anyone is as good at their job as he is being a tackle.”

That's how good he is lol

"In his first two seasons, the sophomore power load allowed just one sack in 1,376 snaps with the Ducks and is a two-time first-team All American (In fact, Sewell did not allow a sack in his first 926 snaps).
Sewell also led the Ducks with 58 knockdowns or “pancake blocks,” putting defenders on their backsides like newborn babies."

Todd McShay quote:

“In two full seasons of starting, his freshman and sophomore seasons, he has allowed just one sack in 1,376 snaps. 1,376 times there’s been a defensive end lined up across from Penei Sewell trying to get to Justin Herbert. Only once have they been successful. I look at Penei Sewell and I see the first-ever true sophomore to win the Outland Trophy, awarded to the best interior lineman in college football.

“And I think that we might be so lost in the quarterback-ness that is the Heisman Trophy and NFL Draft. We might be missing a generational talent on the offensive line. I do think Trevor Lawrence is a generational talent at quarterback. I think Justin Fields may be the most prolific quarterbacks statistically in all of college football this coming season. But if we’re just talking about the best player, not who is going to win the Heisman Trophy, but the best player, I wanna make sure that I’m beating the drum for Oregon tackle Penei Sewell. Because I don’t know if anyone is as good at their job as he is being a tackle.”

That's how good he is lol

I find it borderline absurd that there are folks nitpicking his play into believing he isn’t a Top 5 pick.

Back
Top Bottom