How good is Sewell? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Sewell?

He's played Right Tackle before... going back there to cover for Tua would probably amuse him.

The two of them tied for Polynesian player of the year last year... LOL

where’s this right tackle play? I haven’t seen it.

floors probably Dallas at 10 who has been decimated by oline attrition and just needs solid durable pieces

He's played Right Tackle before... going back there to cover for Tua would probably amuse him.

The two of them tied for Polynesian player of the year last year... LOL
The future earning potential of LT v RT probobly wouldn't be all that "amusing".

where’s this right tackle play? I haven’t seen it.

floors probably Dallas at 10 who has been decimated by oline attrition and just needs solid durable pieces
High School footage... it's on youtube.

Most dominant Tackles tend to play on the right side as school boys... it's the run side, and most HS teams run the ball way more than they throw it. Going from the Left to the Right side is the easy move... most guys just don't want to make it because they make less money.

A guy blocking for Tua would expect Left Tackle money... and I think we'd be happy to do that.

Most dominant Tackles tend to play on the right side as school boys... it's the run side, and most HS teams run the ball way more than they throw it. Going from the Left to the Right side is the easy move... most guys just don't want to make it because they make less money.

A guy blocking for Tua would expect Left Tackle money... and I think we'd be happy to do that.
Sure we would. The question he, and his agent would have, how does that translate in terms of free agency bidding down the road?

high school? 😂

yeah no I’m gonna win this bet easy. Lol

Sure we would. The question he, and his agent would have, how does that translate in terms of free agency bidding down the road?
Interesting negotiation strategy I guess... arguing that your intention is to leave, before you even sign a contract.

I add it up like this. If we draft him, we control him for 5 years, and his contract is set by rule... in the second contract, we'd have to pony up LT money... that would take us to 9 or 10 years... if the agent was saying, but what about year 10 or 11, I'd have to shake my head a bit.

Has the technique changed?

the kick slide lead leg has etc. these kids get moved to their ideal spots in college that fit the athlete and tools. The only real exceptions college to pro are frames/length and feet dictate where they project best.

all this kick over easy stuff is nonsense.

the kick slide lead leg has etc. these kids get moved to their ideal spots in college that fit the athlete and tools. The only real exceptions college to pro are frames/length and feet dictate where they project best.

all this kick over easy stuff is nonsense.
Sometimes... and sometimes it is as basic as... Hey Penei, you are, by far, our best Lineman, you are now a Left Tackle.

He hasn't played in a year anyway... now would be the time to put him where you intend to keep him... and picked in the top 5, it is unlikely to be at Guard.

Interesting negotiation strategy I guess... arguing that your intention is to leave, before you even sign a contract.

I add it up like this. If we draft him, we control him for 5 years, and his contract is set by rule... in the second contract, we'd have to pony up LT money... that would take us to 9 or 10 years... if the agent was saying, but what about year 10 or 11, I'd have to shake my head a bit.
I disagree, but that's fine. It does get into the realm of pure speculation.

I would bet, though, if you asked, Sewell would prefer to play LT, and money is a big consideration.

It is true, he has no say.

I disagree, but that's fine. It does get into the realm of pure speculation.

I would bet, though, if you asked, Sewell would prefer to play LT, and money is a big consideration.

It is true, he has no say.
Yup, we are speculating now...

I don't even think we'll draft him, but I do think he'd probably get a kick out of protecting the other Polynesian, and if he was promised big money to do it... why not?

Back
Top Bottom