How good is Waddle? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Waddle?

He brings Tyreek Hill's skill-set to this offense. Equally adept in short/long passing game. Literally one missed tackle or bad angle from a huge play every time he touches the ball.

With he and Fuller, this offense is light years ahead of last year on skill alone.

Throw in the NFL experience and growth of the 3 OL and Tua, the offense is potentially a top ten unit.

I know people will bring up running game, but we had nearly 1700 yards last year at 3.9 ypc.

The Bucs only averaged 4.1 ypc last year. It's not as bad as DDs are making it.

Hell, a couple of end-arounds from Wilson or Waddle get us there!

I'm curious anyone know what his legit 40 time is? This is more out of curiousity.
I hear he ran a 4.37 out of HS going to Alabama? Is that correct?

I also hear he's a little slower than Ruggs III who ran a 4.27 at the combine.
So is a 4.33-4.37 about what he is?
Where do you think he is speed wise comapare to J.Grant?
IMO, if he's faster than Grant i don't think it's going to be by much.

BTW and not saying he isn't. But when you watch him run he doesn't seem like he's moving that fast. But yet, no one can catch him.

I think he becomes our Wes Welker. I think his YAC will tell the tale. He is going to be a match up problem for most teams. His initial burst off the line is great. But watch him when he has the ball and watch Welker. They are similar using their speed/quickness to misdirect defenders. If he can read defenses like he could at Bama I can see him having a lot of success.

I'm curious anyone know what his legit 40 time is? This is more out of curiousity.

BTW and not saying he isn't. But when you watch him run he doesn't seem like he's moving that fast. But yet, no one can catch him.
Not sure what film your watching lol but he definitely looks like he's moving fast.

There is a video on YouTube showing the two of them racing against each other. It was difficult to see to any separation between them at the finish line. All I could determine is both of them are extremely fast and I don’t think there is any defensive back in the league that wants to see either of them get a step on them. Because it’s over for the DB once they get a step ahead of them and the QB hits them in stride.

He's got an insane ability to control his acceleration. Its uncanny. I understand why folks dont believe he's a legitimate 4.2x threat.

Kyle PItts was a 4.65 guy in high school
When I watch him, it isn't only the elite speed that stands out. He is also "shifty", and switches both gears and direction in a single step.

Straight line track speed is nice, but Waddle is more than that, IMO.

With a little coaching on route precision, he will be nearly uncoverable in man by 90% of the corners he faces.

This may surprise some people, but he's the exact same speed as Ruggs. They did a 40yd drag race at Bama, and were neck and neck. If anything Waddle finished by a head.

As you say, Ruggs was 4.27, so I see no reason for Waddle not to be known as a 4.2 guy!

He's the video:

Not sure what film your watching lol but he definitely looks like he's moving fast.
Maybe it's like that show the "Six Million Dollar Man".

When Steve Austin was running, he was soooooo fast, they had to film it in slow motion, else it would have been nothing but a blur.

Back
Top Bottom