How good is Waddle? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How good is Waddle?

Has zero impact? Sure.

Explain to me how you can come close to putting 'completely useless' next to Tua's name. I'll wait.

Edit: The skillset required can be entirely different?! Please explain that nonsense..

All you have to do is look at the long list of players who put up great college numbers and were terrible pros.

Being a college QB you don't need the same arm talent to put up big numbers. Especially at a top program where you're playing a lot of teams with nowhere near your own talent.

The reads are easier, you can hold the ball longer, your receivers create a lot more separation, you dont need to be able to throw a dart on a 15 yard out to keep the defense honest.

I can go on for hours about the differences from college to NFL QB.

Personally I wouldn't call Tua useless. Id call him average with slightly above average potential.

If college stats mattered i wouldn't have had Herbert as my #1 rated QB ahead of Burrow last year. Its about so much more than your college play.

All you have to do is look at the long list of players who put up great college numbers and were terrible pros.

Being a college QB you don't need the same arm talent to put up big numbers. Especially at a top program where you're playing a lot of teams with nowhere near your own talent.

The reads are easier, you can hold the ball longer, your receivers create a lot more separation, you dont need to be able to throw a dart on a 15 yard out to keep the defense honest.

I can go on for hours about the differences from college to NFL QB.

Personally I wouldn't call Tua useless. Id call him average with slightly above average potential.

If college stats mattered i wouldn't have had Herbert as my #1 rated QB ahead of Burrow last year. Its about so much more than your college play.
Numbers doesn't equal skill sets. Explain to me which players completely changed their skill sets as they entered the league.

Now maybe you misspoke and I can agree that great numbers in college doesn't necessarily translate into great pro numbers, but again, putting 'completely useless' next to Tua's name is flat out nonsense.

Last edited:
I hear/see Steve Austin & immediately think of the Wrestler

Never did like the 6 million dollar man TV growing up
It was corny AF.

Then again, most of those network shows from that period were.

Numbers doesn't equal skill sets. Explain to me the which players completely changed their skill sets as they entered the league.

Now maybe you misspoke and I can agree that great numbers in college doesn't necessarily translate into great pro numbers, but again, putting 'completely useless' next to Tua's name is flat out nonsense.

Yeah let's start over, I didn't mean to go that hard at your post.

To answer the first part I'm not saying anyone's skill set changed, im saying the set they have in college doesn't always make them a great pro.

Second part. I agree useless is over the top. I wouldn't make that argument myself, and it seems we are on the same page about putting up big numbers in college.

Yeah let's start over, I didn't mean to go that hard at your post.

To answer the first part I'm not saying anyone's skill set changed, im saying the set they have in college doesn't always make them a great pro.

Second part. I agree useless is over the top. I wouldn't make that argument myself, and it seems we are on the same page about putting up big numbers in college.
I don't mind you 'going hard', whatever that means.

But otherwise, I think we're on the same page.

Has zero impact? Sure.

Explain to me how you can come close to putting 'completely useless' next to Tua's name. I'll wait.

Edit: The skillset required can be entirely different?! Please explain that nonsense.. Show me ONE player that had an 'entirely different skill set' from college to pros.
A few "Dolphin fans" here listen to popular sports media heads like Chris Simms or Cowherd who have a negative opinion piece on Tua being a bust or noodle armed...etc.

Last season Tua had 3 poor games, 2 he got pulled and 1 was the last game against Buffalo, which the entire team performed poorly.
The negative feelings towards Tua is probably stemming from Justin Herbert having a good rookie season, so they want to compare them together.
Tua came off a major injury and really only played 9 games, but I guess those are excuses.
It seems these days there is no more rookie year, players have to come in and play at top level or they get dismissed.
If we had Peyton Manning with the Dolphins this season as a rookie with his official rookie season stats, similar comments would be made regarding him.

Just have to ignore the nonsense and have some patience with Tua.

A few "Dolphin fans" here listen to popular sports media heads like Chris Simms or Cowherd who have a negative opinion piece on Tua being a bust or noodle armed...etc.

Last season Tua had 3 poor games, 2 he got pulled and 1 was the last game against Buffalo, which the entire team performed poorly.
The negative feelings towards Tua is probably stemming from Justin Herbert having a good rookie season, so they want to compare them together.
Tua came off a major injury and really only played 9 games, but I guess those are excuses.
It seems these days there is no more rookie year, players have to come in and play at top level or they get dismissed.
If we had Peyton Manning with the Dolphins this season as a rookie with his official rookie season stats, similar comments would be made regarding him.

Just have to ignore the nonsense and have some patience with Tua.

Thats not entirely fair or true.

I think Tua is about an average starting NFL QB. It has nothing to do with what anyone in the media said.

Last year I had the QBs rated:

1) Herbert
2) Burrow
3) Tua/Hurts Ceiling
4) Love
5) Hurts floor

For someone to just disregard my own analysis and say that its due to some idiots I don't even listen to is insulting.

All of us shouldn't make these type of blanket statements. Until you ask a person why they feel a certain way the reality is you just don't know.

Back
Top Bottom