How Good Was Kohu In Year 1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Good Was Kohu In Year 1?

Eddie Murphy GIF by Coming to America

He seemed to be at his best when lined up in the slot. That makes it that much more exciting for this coming year, as that will probably be where he plays most.
Exactly. Plus Needham is back from injury and at safety we have Holland and Brandon.... I mean there are these other two guys out there named Howard and Ramsey. Baking up a LB corp with Long and Reed aded to it who are behind Wilkins ands Seiler with Chubb and Philips and Ogbah getting after the QB. I mean Jesus. Top 3 offense and defense at the same time it's sounding to me...

Exactly. Plus Needham is back from injury and at safety we have Holland and Brandon.... I mean there are these other two guys out there named Howard and Ramsey. Baking up a LB corp with Long and Reed aded to it who are behind Wilkins ands Seiler with Chubb and Philips and Ogbah getting after the QB. I mean Jesus. Top 3 offense and defense at the same time it's sounding to me...
Welp. Last time Miami had a #1 Offense and #1 Defense......

He seemed to be at his best when lined up in the slot. That makes it that much more exciting for this coming year, as that will probably be where he plays most.
I believe he will be an excellent slot CB in our scheme. His tape when he played outside was solid for an UDFA rookie. However, our defense did shift to provide help to his side most of those games. With Ramsey and Howard on the field I believe he will have an impressive sophomore campaign.

I believe PFF had him as the 25th best corner graded, which is really impressive for a rookie. Consider that most teams use three corners, or five in the secondary, most of the time. So, that's about 96 corners who are essentially starters. So that would place him in the top 25 percent.

Also, have to expect that Kohu will improve. Specifically, he got too handsy at times when he actually was in a good position and could/should have looked for the ball.

Grier gets a lot of blame for drafting Iggy in the first round. Which he probably deserves, but he should also get a lot of credit for signing Kohou as an UDFA last year.
And blame for multiple other misses.
Questions remain, who made all of the decisions? Maybe not Grier.
How many misses do other front office people make? Maybe he is average.
Is it too early to call Iggy and AJ poor first round picks?
Too early to call Eich a second round trade up miss?

Back
Top Bottom