How Good Was Kohu In Year 1? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Good Was Kohu In Year 1?

And blame for multiple other misses.
Questions remain, who made all of the decisions? Maybe not Grier.
How many misses do other front office people make? Maybe he is average.
Is it too early to call Iggy and AJ poor first round picks?
Too early to call Eich a second round trade up miss?
The Dolphins at this time have the best roster it has had since Shula was the Dolphins HC. So while like EVERY GM in the NFL he has made mistakes in the draft and in free agency. He has also been the GM who has been responsible for all the talented players now on the Dolphins roster.

Just watch the video.

Yeah, that’s amazing! If X can get healthy for this season, then our secondary could be special. Even if not, then we still have at least two really good corners with Ramsey and KK to go along with Javon Holland With Fangio scheming them up. Good stuff.

Now if We can get an UDFA RT to give us similar production at that position then I’d be over the moon! LOL

I believe PFF had him as the 25th best corner graded, which is really impressive for a rookie. Consider that most teams use three corners, or five in the secondary, most of the time. So, that's about 96 corners who are essentially starters. So that would place him in the top 25 percent.

Also, have to expect that Kohu will improve. Specifically, he got too handsy at times when he actually was in a good position and could/should have looked for the ball.
He did, but some of those calls a veteran would get the benefit of doubt. Not saying it was bad calls, just that rookies are going to draw laundry when it's close.

To me, having a 100% healthy Brandon Jones could be the key to having a great defense instead of a good defense. I think he was having a great year when he got hurt and lost for the year. That injury he had is a concern. Players don’t always come back 100% from that to the way they were before so we'll see how he does.

I think that's part of the reason why they went defense so much this off season. Last year they were counting on Byron Jones to come back and he never did so this year they wanted to be more ready in case Jones takes longer to come back.

He seemed to be at his best when lined up in the slot. That makes it that much more exciting for this coming year, as that will probably be where he plays most.
Yeah, I see Kader Kohou as an excellent nickel… Lots of speed, good awareness, smarts, a great rookie campaign under his belt, and a relentless chip on his shoulder (undrafted) - X and Ramsey…bedrock talents on both sides. Just concentrate on the middle and the slot and ball the **** out Kader.🏉

🙌 The U.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wouldn't count on Howard and/or Ramsey being available all season. Kohou is the future!

KK is a great find and can be a foundational piece of our defensive future. While I am extremely excited about Ramsey and X this year, I would still draft a DB (G. Williams from Syracuse) in the 3rd round after trading down our 51 pick and getting 2 more mid/late rounders.

If we managed to do that, our backfield could really set for the next 5 years.

He seemed to be at his best when lined up in the slot. That makes it that much more exciting for this coming year, as that will probably be where he plays most.
Bingo.

Back
Top Bottom