How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked?

at 13...I should have said a draft position. Granted if he was picked at the end of round 1 early round 2 I would say you are getting a good return, but at 13...with the players that were available, Wilkins just seemed like a boring too safe pick. Not a bust, but no one that is dynamic. Hell, I'll even say that unless the DT is truly a special player, one who is a great pass rusher, I don't think I touch them until round 2.

We could use a lot more boring safe picks!

Hard to add much to what's already being said. Wilkins did have his best game this past Sunday so maybe he'll be better than people think?
I can understand why people would have wanted a different position taken at 13.

Deiter will see what happens with him.

AVG being out all this time hurts of course. I'm hoping he'll get to play this year.

It's really too early to say but I'd agree that so far this was a very boring draft class for us with no real play maker.

Hard to add much to what's already being said. Wilkins did have his best game this past Sunday so maybe he'll be better than people think?

AVG being out all this time hurts of course. I'm hoping he'll get to play this year.

It's really too early to say but I'd agree that so far this was a very boring draft class for us with no real play maker.
let's throw UDFA Preston Williams into this draft class and he develops into a number 1 receiver for us.

Then let's say we take a future superstar with the Saints 2nd round pick we got in the trade down for Rosen.

Solid draft!! :)

On Wilkins I think us finally starting to get pressure from other looks has helped as well. Notice how the last several games even if not getting sacks the QBs arent having as much time.

But he was picked for his intangibles and from all accounts he is becoming a leader and bringing things to the locker room. Granted you do what a bit more umph at 13.

But I also stay by my point that the team even during the draft was more focused on 2020

You bring up some good points in this rebuttal. I like how you combine stats with what you've seen to develop a well-rounded commentary that considers both the pros and cons, ultimately leading you to believe that the pros outweight the cons. Really makes the reader think.

Thanks! If you want more consider reading through this thread. I’ve spoken about the young TE, giving him time, his elite numbers, and the lack of opportunity being all he needed to excel at this level.

As a dolphins fan I’m sure we’re all tired of solid but nothing special from 1st rd picks. When’s the last elite player took in rd 1?

Did you see where I put "some on here will think otherwise"? I was referring to you. This team can do no wrong in your eyes. Imagine when we actually start winning.
"Call outs are frowned upon
5002968.jpg

here at FINHEAVEN."
-Negan

#JustSaying

let's throw UDFA Preston Williams into this draft class and he develops into a number 1 receiver for us.
Yeah, he's actually a great punt returner for us, it's so exciting seeing him back there, his 6-5, 220-pound frame, getting run into by guys at full speed from 30 yards away. Really looking forward to his long, proud career fielding those kicks while Jakeem Grant continues to collect his multimillion-dollar checks.

Preston Williams wasn’t drafted so it don’t count.

I sure hope this staffs balls drop and it swings for the fences this coming draft.

Preston Williams wasn’t drafted so it don’t count.
I don't buy this...if he was a 7th round pick, the FO would get credit for getting him, but he slipped out of the draft so getting him does not count? I guess technically and literally if you say draft class, you're right, but to me he is part of the class of 2019 for us

As a dolphins fan I’m sure we’re all tired of solid but nothing special from 1st rd picks. When’s the last elite player took in rd 1?
When was the last boringly routine, solid but not spectacular player picked by us in the 1st round?

I don't buy this...if he was a 7th round pick, the FO would get credit for getting him, but he slipped out of the draft so getting him does not count? I guess technically and literally if you say draft class, you're right, but to me he is part of the class of 2019 for us

Draft class. As in drafted with your picks on the clock during the 3 day 7 round draft.

Back
Top Bottom