How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked?

I think this year's draft class was very underwhelming. As said Preston Williams was our best rookie and he went undrafted.

Michael Deiter looks horrible in my opinion. Christian Wilkins while not bad is underwhelming but I have hope he will get better. The remaining guys have not been able to produce on a team that is at the bottom of the league.

To me personally this draft has not been good at all but that is just my opinion. I am sure some people on here think otherwise and will state that this kind of bad drafting is what happens with all teams but this team has been bad at drafting for decades.

The good news is that this year isnt over and maybe in the years to come some of these could blossom. I doubt it but let us keep hope alive.

A minority of top 10 picks are good enough to make All Pro once in a career. A large minority are out of the league or backups by year 4. If Wilkins turns out solid, that's a good pick

Draft class. As in drafted with your picks on the clock during the 3 day 7 round draft.
Yeah...as I said, you are technically and literally right, but it's silly to not evaluate the UFDAs along with that class if youre looking to measure the FO's ability to id and gather talent

Yeah, he's actually a great punt returner for us, it's so exciting seeing him back there, his 6-5, 220-pound frame, getting run into by guys at full speed from 30 yards away. Really looking forward to his long, proud career fielding those kicks while Jakeem Grant continues to collect his multimillion-dollar checks.
No more punt returns for Preston even if he's good at it!! lol

Jakeem is fielding kicks, don't know if they trust him on punts.

I wonder who is going to return punts now? Gaskin? Laird? Bring back Kenneth Farrow??

I want Miami to draft brown with thier 1st #1 Just to see actual heads spontaneously exploid...

Thanks! If you want more consider reading through this thread. I’ve spoken about the young TE, giving him time, his elite numbers, and the lack of opportunity being all he needed to excel at this level.
What would that have to do with the 2019 draft class?

I thought Tunsil was an elite LT in the league when he was here.

Agree. Some here disagree, but most reports of the trade had Tunsil and 'elite' in the same sentence. And I think in a year or two MF has a chance to reach 'elite.' elite or not, being considered in the top 3 of any R1 group is good enough for me.

Did you see where I put "some on here will think otherwise"? I was referring to you. This team can do no wrong in your eyes. Imagine when we actually start winning.
Lol

This may turn out as one of the worst draft classes in Dolphins history.
That's not good with what we have in picks next year

This may turn out as one of the worst draft classes in Dolphins history.
That's not good with what we have in picks next year
we've had some drafts where nobody was left on the team after several seasons.

hopefully this one doesn't get to that level of awful.

Patience, Grasshoppers. The light is just starting to go on for Wilkins. He is a champion and will be an excellent player for the Dolphins. Rosen is a card that we have to play and believe me he still has value. If we traded Rosen to the Pats he would win Super Bowls. I totally believe that as long as BB is still coaching. I think he has a ton of talent and hasn't sniffed a decent situation yet in the NFL. Dieter is starting as a rookie and that's big. Some problems are to be expected, like missing an entire stunt and almost getting his QB killed but he's a tough kid and he's not going anywhere. He will improve as the oline improves around him. He is very durable, a 4 year starter at Wisconsin. We didn't get an opportunity to see Van Ginkel very much and that was a shame. Isaiah Prince has looked better than I expected and at times, looked pretty good. Cox and Gaskin are both players you will see more of as the season moves forward. So, it's not a Picasso, it's not an A plus draft but it's got a stud Tackle, a highly rated QB, a LG who is starting, Van Ginkle and a couple of pieces for the running game. The big deal is when you add in all the success we had with undrafted players and FAs. Preston Williams will be a star imo. We also got Evan Boehm, who is liked by most on this board, Taco, J'Marcus Webb, Jenkins, Biegel, Davenport, Eguavoen, Wilz, Sutherland etc. When you add up all the new names along with the draft picks Grier has done amazing imo, especially in a tanking year. That makes everything harder because nobody really wants to be on a team that is tanking-see Drake and Minkah.

Back
Top Bottom