How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How have our Rookie Draft picks from19 looked?

Patience, Grasshoppers. The light is just starting to go on for Wilkins. He is a champion and will be an excellent player for the Dolphins. Rosen is a card that we have to play and believe me he still has value. If we traded Rosen to the Pats he would win Super Bowls. I totally believe that as long as BB is still coaching. I think he has a ton of talent and hasn't sniffed a decent situation yet in the NFL. Dieter is starting as a rookie and that's big. Some problems are to be expected, like missing an entire stunt and almost getting his QB killed but he's a tough kid and he's not going anywhere. He will improve as the oline improves around him. He is very durable, a 4 year starter at Wisconsin. We didn't get an opportunity to see Van Ginkel very much and that was a shame. Isaiah Prince has looked better than I expected and at times, looked pretty good. Cox and Gaskin are both players you will see more of as the season moves forward. So, it's not a Picasso, it's not an A plus draft but it's got a stud Tackle, a highly rated QB, a LG who is starting, Van Ginkle and a couple of pieces for the running game. The big deal is when you add in all the success we had with undrafted players and FAs. Preston Williams will be a star imo. We also got Evan Boehm, who is liked by most on this board, Taco, J'Marcus Webb, Jenkins, Biegel, Davenport, Eguavoen, Wilz, Sutherland etc. When you add up all the new names along with the draft picks Grier has done amazing imo, especially in a tanking year. That makes everything harder because nobody really wants to be on a team that is tanking-see Drake and Minkah.
Good point on Rosen. If he pans out, everyone will talk about this being a really good draft. I think we see more of Rosen in the second half of the season. Fitzpatrick will have one of those ugly games and the coaching staff will go back to Rosen.

Patience, Grasshoppers. The light is just starting to go on for Wilkins. He is a champion and will be an excellent player for the Dolphins. Rosen is a card that we have to play and believe me he still has value. If we traded Rosen to the Pats he would win Super Bowls. I totally believe that as long as BB is still coaching. I think he has a ton of talent and hasn't sniffed a decent situation yet in the NFL. Dieter is starting as a rookie and that's big. Some problems are to be expected, like missing an entire stunt and almost getting his QB killed but he's a tough kid and he's not going anywhere. He will improve as the oline improves around him. He is very durable, a 4 year starter at Wisconsin. We didn't get an opportunity to see Van Ginkel very much and that was a shame. Isaiah Prince has looked better than I expected and at times, looked pretty good. Cox and Gaskin are both players you will see more of as the season moves forward. So, it's not a Picasso, it's not an A plus draft but it's got a stud Tackle, a highly rated QB, a LG who is starting, Van Ginkle and a couple of pieces for the running game. The big deal is when you add in all the success we had with undrafted players and FAs. Preston Williams will be a star imo. We also got Evan Boehm, who is liked by most on this board, Taco, J'Marcus Webb, Jenkins, Biegel, Davenport, Eguavoen, Wilz, Sutherland etc. When you add up all the new names along with the draft picks Grier has done amazing imo, especially in a tanking year. That makes everything harder because nobody really wants to be on a team that is tanking-see Drake and Minkah.
Don't forget the 2019 Draft class includes whoever we get with the Saints second rounder in April!!!

2019 draft is Wilkins and William's everybody else look belong avg include Rosen. Time will tell. Grier will have to draft better next yr.if this team want get better. Next yr will say lot about Grier. Cb, de,ol,qb,

They still look like rookies on a marginal team.

2019 draft is Wilkins and William's everybody else look belong avg include Rosen. Time will tell. Grier will have to draft better next yr.if this team want get better. Next yr will say lot about Grier. Cb, de,ol,qb,

Realistically, top 3 picks are expected to start. Below that, nope.
R1 wilkins
R2 no pick, yes, Miami got Rosen, but since the topic is ROOKIE draft class, there was none
R3 Deiter

Beyond that, AVG is unknown , but looked promising, Price has started (no, didn't look like an above average starter), Cox is a starter in heavy packages,
UDFAs, Ledbetter and Myarick (sp) looked promising. Williams is starting. Maybe others, but that's from memory.
Compared to 'ideal,' maybe not a great draft. Compared to 31 other teams, I suspect that's not bad.

Realistically, top 3 picks are expected to start. Below that, nope.
R1 wilkins
R2 no pick, yes, Miami got Rosen, but since the topic is ROOKIE draft class, there was none
R3 Deiter

Beyond that, AVG is unknown , but looked promising, Price has started (no, didn't look like an above average starter), Cox is a starter in heavy packages,
UDFAs, Ledbetter and Myarick (sp) looked promising. Williams is starting. Maybe others, but that's from memory.
Compared to 'ideal,' maybe not a great draft. Compared to 31 other teams, I suspect that's not bad.
Draft class dont look good but F/a pickup might help them out. Still must do better next yr in draft. They have full yr to scout players. Dolphins are Scare Safe pick team in draft.. we need draft some all pro players.

Draft class dont look good but F/a pickup might help them out. Still must do better next yr in draft. They have full yr to scout players. Safe pick team dolphins in draft.. we need draft some all pro players.

we disagree - at least a little. Just browsing through other teams, Miami seems to be middle of pack in draft success. Certainly not good, but better than "dont look good.' Yup, All Pro players, but that's difficult to accomplish

They are rookies on a marginal team!
Hi Ray

I think we might finally have a coaching staff at last maybe the journey has been long and disappointing since Shula left.

I am concerned with the behind the scenes issues involving the back office. Why the expensive exstentions of some players, why Drake and Mica Fitz did not resign or stay with the team. Why Clowney avoided us like the plaque.

We need a great picker for this draft hoping Grier is bringing in some talent for picking greater than himself.

Yes this team is marginal because we have marginal talent.

There seems to be an assumption that Wilkins is underperforming, but he's leading all rookie DTs in tackles.

Christian Wilkins - 28 total tackles - 16 solo - 12 combined - 1 sack - 3 tackles for loss

Dexter Lawrence - 24 total tackles - 11 solo - 13 combined - 2.5 sacks - 4 tackles for loss

Ed Oliver - 20 total tackles - 10 solo - 10 combined - 1 sack - 2 tackles for loss

Quinnen Williams - 19 total tackles - 10 solo - 9 combined - 1.5 sack - 4 tackles for loss

Hi Ray

I think we might finally have a coaching staff at last maybe the journey has been long and disappointing since Shula left.

I am concerned with the behind the scenes issues involving the back office. Why the expensive exstentions of some players, why Drake and Mica Fitz did not resign or stay with the team. Why Clowney avoided us like the plaque.

We need a great picker for this draft hoping Grier is bringing in some talent for picking greater than himself.

Yes this team is marginal because we have marginal talent.

I feel the coaching may be good, based on the development of the players we have.

As to the key players that are no longer with us; I suspect that to a limited extent we threw the babies out with the bath water when we reduced our salary burden and increased our trade opportunities.

I look forward to the growth of our coaching staff. It's not that I feel any of the coaches are bad, but that some of the better coaches Flores may have wanted were not available last year and could be pursued this upcoming year.

The draft will be a box full of surprises for me. I don't get locked on too many personal favorites and am happy to let the Front Office, hopefully in co-ordination with the coaching staff, do its job. I look forward to being delightfully surprised with their selections. I assume some will be immediate players and others will take time to develop, typically up to 2 years.

I hope we get some consistency in our player development and coaching effectiveness over a 5 year period to see what we can achieve.

Back
Top Bottom