How high are you willing to pay Wilkins? | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How high are you willing to pay Wilkins?

Your cap on Wilkins contract?

• Total voters

He’s off his rocker… he’s worth 14-16 million tops and that’s pushing it. Every guy that earns over like 14 is either a 8 sack a year guy or came off a monster like 10 sack season prior.

Connecticut… but his “home” is Clemson. He hangs around quite a bit and is unbelievably beloved around the upstate.

His senior year at Clemson he actually served as a substitute teacher for a 5 year old kindergarten class for about a month lol. The kids just loved him.

His personality is infectious and he’s the single best team leader I’ve ever had the pleasure of being around up close.

He’s worth every penny and really just entering his prime. Everybody calls him a run stuffer and he is but he can and will rush the passer. His sack #s don’t back that up… yet.

But that’s bc he’s been the main focus of opponents OLs bc we haven’t had that other great/elite player up front to take pressure off of him. Now with Chubb entering his 2nd year and Phillips about to explode on the NFL… I’d be stunned if his sack #s doesn’t see a significant increase.

He’s every bit worth the 20 mil/year. He is not just the leader of this team on defense but he’s right there as a leader for the entire team. Opponents absolutely loathe him and he’s able to get under their skin…. Ask Josh Allen lol. He’s the guy that if he’s on your team you love him but if he’s the opponent you despise him.

Plus we drafted and developed him. Keep our homegrown products at home. Pay this man immediately!
Terrific posting

what are you talking about here?

The opposing offensive lines were focusing on Wilkins? The Dolphins blitz rate %’s the last 2 seasons were 39% in 2021 and 33% in 2022. Which means the opposing offensive lines had MORE responsibilities to block MORE of Miami’s defensive players on 39% and 33% of plays the last 2 seasons. If Wilkins was such a dominant DT and the Dolphins were top 4 in blitz %’s the last 2 seasons, why did Wilkins not have more sacks?
Conversely, the Titans the last 2 seasons were one of the least blitzing teams and generated more Qb pressure and sacks out of their base defense. So i would think Simmons is the one double teamed a lot more each play than Wilkins, as the Titans blitz a lot less than the Dolphins do. Hence, Simmons is worth much more in value as Wilkins is.

Titans just locked up Simmons @ 23 million a year for 4 years, which he deserves and you think Wilkins deserves 20 mil a year when he has way more help rushing the opposing Qb‘s and tackling ball carriers and he also fails to generate sacks? Please don’t bring up Wilkins tackle totals because they to are generated from the Dolphins high blitz %‘s, or showing blitz pre snap.

We will see this season what Wilkins can be when the Dolphins blitz at a much lower rate than their 2 previous seasons as Fangio historically, as a DC, does not blitz much and generates his pressure from his base sets.
Numbers don’t tell the entire story. They hardly ever do.

He’s off his rocker… he’s worth 14-16 million tops and that’s pushing it. Every guy that earns over like 14 is either a 8 sack a year guy or came off a monster like 10 sack season prior.
Numbers are deceiving. He takes on double teams so other players can shine. His value is extremely high and deserves to be paid top 5 money

His salary this year is 11M this year. If we tag him next 2 years that’s 19M in ‘24 and 21M in ‘25. That’s 17M over three years. Give him a little raise, 18M to 20M sounds good. Otherwise play tag.

Plus I think it’s important to see how he does in Fangio’s D. You never know how that’s gonna go, although he’s a very good player overall.

His salary this year is 11M this year. If we tag him next 2 years that’s 19M in ‘24 and 21M in ‘25. That’s 17M over three years. Give him a little raise, 18M to 20M sounds good. Otherwise play tag.

Plus I think it’s important to see how he does in Fangio’s D. You never know how that’s gonna go, although he’s a very good player overall.
I agree. Rosenhaus isn't wrong, he knows how the market works.

He sack numbers don't compete with others in league in his position.
I can see us drafting DT with first round pick next year. Love the guy but his is only 14 million per year tops
It's not just the sacks its the TFLS and disruption in the run game. Teams trade up and spend huge capitol every year just trying to get a guy that will become what Wilkins has and most of them won't come close.

Back
Top Bottom