How high are you willing to pay Wilkins? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How high are you willing to pay Wilkins?

Your cap on Wilkins contract?

• Total voters
Ed Oliver contract is what willkens should get It is what I expected. The other guy who got more were elite pass rushers as dt. Wilkins isn’t.
What if, in VFs scheme, CW has 12-15 sacks this year?

How much would you pay him?

He sack numbers don't compete with others in league in his position.
I can see us drafting DT with first round pick next year. Love the guy but his is only 14 million per year tops
I think in this new defense you’re going to see his sack numbers go way up. I think Miami is making a mistake not doing this extension immediately. Next years draft will either be OT’s or a QB in round one. IMHO. You can DT’s in any round.

I’m not paying him, so I really don’t care. High level talent. Either you pay to keep him or you don’t. If you don’t, you assume you can find an adequate replacement. Then, if the replacement sucks, fans complain about that.

No Limit Buffet GIF

I know its more complicated then that but I'm going to use per numbers in order to make it more straight forward.
Whatever fangio says because it's his defense and in God I trust. That being said he has released every single DT that was really good instead of pay them. I see a franchise tag coming if ""who I absolutely ❤️ " he's awesome" he does not take a big hometown discount.

Whatever fangio says because it's his defense and in God I trust. That being said he has released every single DT that was really good instead of pay them. I see a franchise tag coming if ""who I absolutely ❤️ " he's awesome" he does not take a big hometown discount.

Fangio today on his way to Hard Rock to decide Wilkins’ pay:

The franchise is gonna be expensive and unlike an extension that we can structure in a way to make next year's hit minimal, its all gonna be due next year when we're already in a big hole without including the Wilkens deal. We'll extend Tua I pray which will bring next year's number down significantly and Wilson will be gone as well as Ogbah most likely, but aside from maybe cutting Baker, there's not a lot of options unless we're just keep kicking more trouble down the road with post-6/1 cuts and restructures. And this is not even including addressing the free agencies of Williams, Hunt and Seiler.

The franchise is gonna be expensive and unlike an extension that we can structure in a way to make next year's hit minimal, its all gonna be due next year when we're already in a big hole without including the Wilkens deal. We'll extend Tua I pray which will bring next year's number down significantly and Wilson will be gone as well as Ogbah most likely, but aside from maybe cutting Baker, there's not a lot of options unless we're just keep kicking more trouble down the road with post-6/1 cuts and restructures. And this is not even including addressing the free agencies of Williams, Hunt and Seiler.
The 30 mil we will be over can be rid of very easily with the players you just mentioned. They need to trade him (not in division) next year if we can't get a very friendly deal. We also need to not only resign Tua but waddle soon , X(if he plays well), and a few others. I do not see Sieler staying here. DT markets set to high for what they do in a fangio D. Get a first for him easily and grab an edge or corner that can make in impact in the draft.

I would prob give him money that commanders gave to their dt or money that Jeffrey Simmons got if he got that many sacks

The 30 mil we will be over can be rid of very easily with the players you just mentioned. They need to trade him (not in division) next year if we can't get a very friendly deal. We also need to not only resign Tua but waddle soon , X(if he plays well), and a few others. I do not see Sieler staying here. DT markets set to high for what they do in a fangio D. Get a first for him easily and grab an edge or corner that can make in impact in the draft.
Yeah, but then you still need to find another 20M for Wilkins, another 10 for rookies and in-season deals and you need to pay for a baker replacement. Some type of long term deal is certainly doable, but I don't think tagging is an option without some further desperate moves. Don't get me started on X. He better play well or we're stuck paying 25M next year for a washed up corner but these are the risky moves we've made in order to make this all work this year and next.

"He who must be obeyed" is now in charge. - LOL

Pay da man. Full Market Jack. It’s about keepin the momentum going till we reach the summit. Ya wanna lowball the guy? Ha! I should’ve prefaced the sentence properly…Do you really think Chris Grier is gonna lowball this guy? Sheesh. Just imagine the look and reaction on Christians face when Chris says… Hey Wilkins? We’re gonna pay a 12.5 a year k?

Bam! (The sound of Chris Grier being bodyslammed by Christian Wilkins in the front office right in front of Ross.)

21 a year for 4 yrs - 60 guaranteed mid June. Good thing the caps goin up.
I agree. Top dollar. There are certain players you dont go cheap on. You keep good young talent like that. Good for team moral also. Its . not like he isnt an ascending player. If they really like him money shouldn't be a factor. Cap is a myth anyway.

Back
Top Bottom