How I feel about this whole situation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I feel about this whole situation

It’s hard to be optimistic about anything right now. I’m looking forward to Tua coming back but I believe the rumors that Flores doesn’t like Tua and that leaves us in limbo. If Flores stays then it’s very likely we have a new qb next year and it’s pointless to even care about Tuas development. The only hope is he lights it up with this putrid assortment of talent and coaching but the odds are highly stacked against him. This season just seems like a giant waste at this point. A huge step backwards for the organization with an unclear future. Thankfully hockey starts tomorrow.

It’s hard to be optimistic about anything right now. I’m looking forward to Tua coming back but I believe the rumors that Flores doesn’t like Tua and that leaves us in limbo. If Flores stays then it’s very likely we have a new qb next year and it’s pointless to even care about Tuas development. The only hope is he lights it up with this putrid assortment of talent and coaching but the odds are highly stacked against him. This season just seems like a giant waste at this point. A huge step backwards for the organization with an unclear future. Thankfully hockey starts tomorrow.
Wow!! I love to be positive but I can't disagree with your assessment. What's Tua coming back to. The oline is still putrid, the same oline that got his ribs broken. Fuller has a boo boo so he's on IR. Parker's injured again, Williams came back but soon was limping and where on earth is Albert Wilson. Even the all time ahole Gase got production out of him. Putrid assortment of talent and coaching-you hit the nail right on the head brother. I wish you were wrong but this season is a waste so far.

We won 10 games last year and the powers that be decided to get rid of veteran players and coaches and go with unproven coaches and players. That is not just a mistake, it is a complete blunder. It also suggests Flo has issues with anyone who challenges his authority. This lends itself to insecurity, not leadership. The statement made by Tua's trainer is smoke that when teamed with other things suggests that Flo's leadership and communication skills are not very good. Lastly, when you treat vets like Van Noy like that, cutting him after one year it does 2 things. It is a red flag for future vets who might want to come here, and it makes current players have trust issues. This year's FA and coach hiring decisions look like they were made by a 5th grade dictator. There is a major issue here and you are blind if you don't see it.

No problem with this. But why on earth did we trade away out first round pick next year if this is the line we’re expected to tow?

You can’t behave one way and ask to be judged by another. I was more than happy to stay patient whilst the team developed and grew. Then they started investing our future into the present.

It also doesn’t account for clear regression from last year - which should never be a part of any rebuild blueprint.

I’m not demanding coaching changes. But they are literally reaping what they’ve sewn here. They spent $100m in free agency then gave up on it 12 months later… then trade away future assets for this season’s ‘benefit’… and now they’re expecting everyone else to stay patient?

Should have just stuck to the damn plan.
Fair question. One that all, or most, of the fan base is wondering.

To make a guess, I think Flores and Grier expected the offensive line to at least take a step forward. All offseason the talk was about the glaring lack of playmakers on offense. Grier signed Fuller and traded back up for Waddle, adding speed and playmakers.

In retrospect, knowing how much the offensive line has struggled, maybe Miami should have stayed at #3 and drafted Sewell or stayed at #12 after the San Francisco trade and drafted Slater.

I'm not down on Waddle. I do believe, if used correctly, he has super star potential. But I do think the powers that be underestimated the need on the offensive line. You have to build the foundation first and the Dolphins haven't completed that.

It also wasn't ideal for a team so young in the trenches to start out with such a brutal opening schedule. Had the schedule been reversed a little, this unit, and the team in general, might have gained some confidence going against the best teams in the NFL.

Last edited:
No problem with this. But why on earth did we trade away out first round pick next year if this is the line we’re expected to tow?

You can’t behave one way and ask to be judged by another. I was more than happy to stay patient whilst the team developed and grew. Then they started investing our future into the present.

It also doesn’t account for clear regression from last year - which should never be a part of any rebuild blueprint.

I’m not demanding coaching changes. But they are literally reaping what they’ve sewn here. They spent $100m in free agency then gave up on it 12 months later… then trade away future assets for this season’s ‘benefit’… and now they’re expecting everyone else to stay patient?

Should have just stuck to the damn plan.
Their plan or yours - LOL

Its hard to pin down a precise breakdown of culpability. Say.. .something like Ross 40% to blame, Grier 35%, & Flo 25%

I'm not ready to pull the plug on Flo. I still wonder about 12 DB's on the roster and using exotic personnel groupings more often than not

The 2-3-6 etc.... is the modern equivalent of the prevent/umbrella IMO.

Consider this another rant to use a full time 4-2-5.

At the very least there would be 6 in the box.... more support at the 1st and 2bd level for the run D.

Their plan or yours - LOL
I know you won’t hear a bad word about anyone that’s employed by this team… but you can’t tell me the plan was to spend $100m, cut 3/5s of the players they signed after 12 months at an expense of $20m of cap space?

That was their plan was it? In which case things are worse around here than I even thought.

you got a point because he was loved on here by many

But I must say I never seen a coach as popular with the dolphin fan base as Flores was in his first two seasons after doing so little.

5 games in 2019 he won. big deal. no pressure to win and he is the one that wanted to tear roster down.
Last year 10 wins. no playoffs. got crushed in last game of season.

Still he got love that other coaches who had more wins and playoffs in their first two years with miami had. What did he really do? I am stunned that he got so much support here without much success and I am stunned that the support from the fan base on this board has turned so quickly.

I was not impressed with him at in 2019. Did not care about meaninngless win in new england at end of the year. If we needed that game we would have been blown out. team is different with pressure on.

2020. I Thought he did a good job changing the game plan each week for defense and I liked how he was willing to switch things up based on the other team. Much better than wide nine concept against ever team in league.

But didn't anyone notice concerns in first two years when they thought things were great before this losing streak this year? there were warning signs all over the place.
Are you referring to "Lemming rants, even when we won - LO

I know you won’t hear a bad word about anyone that’s employed by this team… but you can’t tell me the plan was to spend $100m, cut 3/5s of the players they signed after 12 months at an expense of $20m of cap space?

That was their plan was it? In which case things are worse around here than I even thought.
As I recall you were talking about the draft. - LOL

I can think of lots of games we outplayed the other team with heart the last few years, I can't think of many that we had a scheme that won the game for us. On the other hand I can think of many where the scheme was atrocious.

Thats been my problem with Flores, and part of that is not finding or keeping competent offensive coaches.

I’m going down in flames with Flores if I have to.

Grier I’m ready to move on

I can think of lots of games we outplayed the other team with heart the last few years, I can't think of many that we had a scheme that won the game for us. On the other hand I can think of many where the scheme was atrocious.

Thats been my problem with Flores, and part of that is not finding or keeping competent offensive coaches.

I'm thinking of the MNF in 2019 where Miami had Putzburgh on the ropes for most of the 1st half.

Then, the squealers final drive before the half, Flo went w/ the 2-3-6 and the tide turned. Little did we know it was a precursor of things to come.

Back
Top Bottom