How I feel about this whole situation | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I feel about this whole situation

I am certainly willing to see how the next 12 games go before I call for firing anyone. Tua has only played in one full game and the WR’s are once again injured. The OL still needs to
develop before it can even be considered below average.

The defense though is the real issue. That unit has gone from top 10 to bottom 10 and you can’t use the excuse they are young and still developing. Most of the players on defense have been in the league for 3 years or more and they should be playing much better than they have played so far.

I went into this season saying the Dolphins need to be a playoff team or else Ross needs to consider whether he has the right men running this team. With the injury to Tua, making the playoffs will likely not happen. So I am willing to give Flores the benefit if the doubt for now but I still think the Dolphins need to finish above 500 or Flores and Grier need to go.

They have 12 games left to play. So they need to go 8-4 to finish at 9-8 this season. Anything less and I consider that totally unacceptable. Hopefully Ross would consider it unacceptable too.

Unless someone on this forum is on the field missing tackles, dropping passes, or making dumb coaching decisions, the posters on this forum are not any part of the problem. Blaming the reaction of fans after seeing their team lose 4 games in a row is absolutely ridiculous.

The problem with this team starts at the top and go down to the lowest person on the totem pole in the organization. The posters on here have absolutely no influence over any of those individuals and therefore any comments made on this forum is totally irrelevant when it comes to being any part of the
problem with the Dolphins organization.

I am not a Fire Flores person but I am not in the Grier camp. Too many bad decisions by his office since he was the director of scouting. Reflecting on the situation, one has to look at the difficulties Flores has had with players such Fitzpatrick who requested a trade. Flores philosophy of trying to build swiss army knives by having players trying multiple positions. I think this is one of the reasons our offensive line has not developed from last season.

I’ll say this. I’m not exactly ready to abandon ship on Flores just yet. He has issues a new HC in the NFL and he has to work though his growing pains. He can coach players to be better but I hope he comes to the realization is that he needs to hire a true pro to run his offense.

I'm with ya. 1 foot out the door but the other remains. I think we'd be much better off with a veteran implementing his own system, running the offense, and taking full control over it.

I like Flo a lot. I'm just over the coaching staff turnover. This is the third "new" offense in as many years. And the only system that showed any signs of life was in year 1, which he chose to part ways with due to the "complexity" which is just unheard of. Probably an ego move of some sort but I don't want to draw conclusions.

These "kids"??? Uh these are grown men(pro athletes getting paid millions ) and a lot of people say that the NFL also stands for "Not For Long" and there is a lot of truth to that. Its a what have you done for me lately league. Its cutthroat and win now.
Also I do know Tua. He is too fragile and made of glass. Sadly this was inevitable. I still like Coach Flores but man we royally screwed up drafting Tua over Herbert. Its gonna haunt us for quite some time unfortunately.

Last edited:
Fair question. One that all, or most, of the fan base is wondering.

To make a guess, I think Flores and Grier expected the offensive line to at least take a step forward. All offseason the talk was about the glaring lack of playmakers on offense. Grier signed Fuller and traded back up for Waddle, adding speed and playmakers.

In retrospect, knowing how much the offensive line has struggled, maybe Miami should have stayed at #3 and drafted Sewell or stayed at #12 after the San Francisco trade and drafted Slater.

I'm not down on Waddle. I do believe, if used correctly, he has super star potential. But I do think the powers that be underestimated the need on the offensive line. You have to build the foundation first and the Dolphins haven't completed that.

It also wasn't ideal for a team so young in the trenches to start out with such a brutal opening schedule. Had the schedule been reversed a little, this unit, and the team in general, might have gained some confidence going against the best teams in the NFL.
We also could’ve drafted Sewell at 6 and still gained the extra first in 2023. That wouldve made sense.

You trade 2 firsts for a generational talent at Tackle. You don’t trade 2 firsts (and a 4th) for a small speedy WR. It’s never been done before and for good reason.

Johnathan Taylor straight up balling. Good thing we drafted Iggy to be inactive when CB was already the strongest position on the team over him.

How are we expected to stay patient when players we passed over are already playing like pro bowlers?

Johnathan Taylor straight up balling. Good thing we drafted Iggy to be inactive when CB was already the strongest position on the team over him.

How are we expected to stay patient when players we passed over are already playing like pro bowlers?
Fair enough.

That is often the reality in the NFL.

The real fix is probably better coaching of the players we have. Otherwise we are in for some long seasons. Like the Browns during their rebuild. It took what, 3 high QB picks over 5 years and then another two or three years to make the team effective.

How should I reconcile that with "fans" here who want a total rebuild every three years. Just identifying them as "Lemmings" doesn't seem to make it any better.

Back
Top Bottom