How I feel about this whole situation | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I feel about this whole situation

Yea Chris Grier and your clueless talent evaluation. Lets not draft Jonathan Taylor. Lets draft a total worthless player in the 1st round.
I hope Ross is watching Taylor ball out tonite and fires Grier before next years draft. This is sickening.

I got a deep in the gut feeling that Tua will come back and we become competitive again.

Fair enough.

That is often the reality in the NFL.

The real fix is probably better coaching of the players we have. Otherwise we are in for some long seasons. Like the Browns during their rebuild. It took what, 3 high QB picks over 5 years and then another two or three years to make the team effective.

How should I reconcile that with "fans" here who want a total rebuild every three years. Just identifying them as "Lemmings" doesn't seem to make it any better.
I wish I was a fly on the wall in the draft room when they made some of these decisions! Is it too much to ask for a “home run” pick every once in a while? Lol.

We also could’ve drafted Sewell at 6 and still gained the extra first in 2023. That wouldve made sense.

You trade 2 firsts for a generational talent at Tackle. You don’t trade 2 firsts (and a 4th) for a small speedy WR. It’s never been done before and for good reason.
Unless you have Waddle graded as a future Hall of Famer.

We won 10 games last year and the powers that be decided to get rid of veteran players and coaches and go with unproven coaches and players. That is not just a mistake, it is a complete blunder. It also suggests Flo has issues with anyone who challenges his authority. This lends itself to insecurity, not leadership. The statement made by Tua's trainer is smoke that when teamed with other things suggests that Flo's leadership and communication skills are not very good. Lastly, when you treat vets like Van Noy like that, cutting him after one year it does 2 things. It is a red flag for future vets who might want to come here, and it makes current players have trust issues. This year's FA and coach hiring decisions look like they were made by a 5th grade dictator. There is a major issue here and you are blind if you don't see it.
It's a huge freaking issue Because the reality is how are you supposed to tell me 'you gotta Let these kids grow up' when Pretty much the entire roster is full of 'kids' Because it seems like anyone that's around or over 30 is not welcome. So just as these 'kids' get into their prime it's bye-bye and that's been Griers deal the whole time. If you notice we barely ever keep guys that we Drafted past their rookie contract if they turn out to be really good.

We will perpetually live in this purgatory because once they mature and are balling we bail on them. Suddenly the owner that is willing to spend becomes cheap???

If you are going the route of a young team then you MUST ALWAYS have an AWESOME COACHING staff....I'm talking a staff that is so good they can get these guys to play crazy good right off the bat....and well we don't have that and quite frankly I haven't seen that since the mid 90s...Even then...Olivadotti 😂🎃

Johnathan Taylor straight up balling. Good thing we drafted Iggy to be inactive when CB was already the strongest position on the team over him.

How are we expected to stay patient when players we passed over are already playing like pro bowlers?

We coulda had Justin Herbert, Justin Jefferson and Jonathan Taylor with our first round picks in 2020.

Granted Jefferson was a surprise with how good he’s played, Herbert and Taylor should’ve been easy picks over Tua and Iggy.

This would normally be my take 100%...however, this defense has regressed into a tragic shadow of its former self, in one off-season, with damn near the exact same staff and players. Are we to believe KVN was the glue holding the whole thing together? I find it VERY hard to believe that.

I'm not calling for their heads in earnest...yet...the season has to play out yet. But it's looking bleak. Flo still has a lot to learn as an HC, and he shows his warts. He has to be able to learn from them or else nothing will improve. He seems like one hell of a guy, but if he loses the locker room, he's toast.
Breakfast Toast GIF

I’ll say this. I’m not exactly ready to abandon ship on Flores just yet. He has issues a new HC in the NFL and he has to work though his growing pains. He can coach players to be better but I hope he comes to the realization is that he needs to hire a true pro to run his offense.
This is where I’m at with him. Grier can go though.

Back
Top Bottom