How I feel about this whole situation | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I feel about this whole situation

They've been trying to take a short cut to the rebuild right from the start when they traded away a 2nd round pick for Rosen and of course bringing in Fitz to try to win 3 or 4 games......people were saying flores needed to win those few games in the first year to start a "winning culture"..........does anybody still care about those games we won in 2019 which costed us the top pick of the draft?

Uhm, the short answer is, N. O., no. ;-)

I wish I was a fly on the wall in the draft room when they made some of these decisions! Is it too much to ask for a “home run” pick every once in a while? Lol.

According to some hear, you'll hear nothing. Grier is by himself making decisions.

So instead of firing the handful of morons who pick the players and coaches, we need to get rid of the 100's of thousands of fans, who have no direct impact on the team, but are the problem.
Two problems usually require two different answers - LOL

Flores ain't the answer.. you can give him another yr. Dolphins ain't winning anything w flores and grier. Flores ain't no bette than last 4 coach.. below 500 winning coaches dolphins keep hiring in miami..gives fan false hope.

The fact that we’ve had little interest from coaches around the league to join our staff, that haven’t had experience with Pats, makes me nervous. If we keep Flo, we have to have a plan for OC that can’t be rejected. I don’t know how that could possibly happen, but if we are offering positions to top coaches that refuse to join the staff again, then we have to fire Flores.

Seems like a Dolphins way to do things tbh. Keep him, then find out no one of quality will join the staff, clean house by firing Flo and Grier weeks into the off-season only to pick up the last man standing without a job to fill out a staff of league rejects.

There's an ounce of truth in there. But the problem that overrides it, IMO, is the relative youth not only on the roster, but in coaching experience at current level, for most of Miami's coaches.

I'm ALL for giving kids time to grow into their role. I'm NOT for giving coaches extended rope. It took me a bit of time to jump off the Queasy support train...but after 2 years, I was ready to move on. After 1 year of Gase. And based on the fact neither of those guys went on to be successful elsewhere, I don't think my coach-meter was off. I wasn't always vocal or heavy-handed about not believing in them, I just had that feeling.

Flores is getting worse as an HC IMO. He peaked last year. He's making mistakes this year that he didn't make when there were no expectations. And I'd say 90% of his issues stem from not being able to compile the right staff to get it done. It leads to insufficient leadership, training, and confidence. We don't operate, on the field, with a killer mentality...we operate with an attempted finesse feel...and that would be all well and good, if we had the staff to support it. I don't believe we do. The only unit that has the confident, capable look, is the secondary.

I'm tired of seeing receivers act like they just scored the game winning touchdown when they make a catch for first down...its like, "awwww **** man I'm kickin' ass," but look at the scoreboard...this team doesn't have confidence. Celebrating little things doesn't lead to bigger things IMO.

No problem with this. But why on earth did we trade away out first round pick next year if this is the line we’re expected to tow?

You can’t behave one way and ask to be judged by another. I was more than happy to stay patient whilst the team developed and grew. Then they started investing our future into the present.

It also doesn’t account for clear regression from last year - which should never be a part of any rebuild blueprint.

I’m not demanding coaching changes. But they are literally reaping what they’ve sewn here. They spent $100m in free agency then gave up on it 12 months later… then trade away future assets for this season’s ‘benefit’… and now they’re expecting everyone else to stay patient?

Should have just stuck to the damn plan.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Moving up from 12 to 6, and giving up a number one to do so, showed that Grier felt Miami was close. You don't do that if you think it's going to be a top 10 pick.

As to Flores, he seemed to have this team on the right path and suddenly this? I definitely want to see what effort the players give the rest of the way. That will be telling IMO.

Maybe Ross can hire the great Pat Riley to run the football organization. While he doesn't know football he knows winning which is more than I can say for the present cast of characters

Back
Top Bottom