How I feel about this whole situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I feel about this whole situation

I’ll say this. I’m not exactly ready to abandon ship on Flores just yet. He has issues a new HC in the NFL and he has to work though his growing pains. He can coach players to be better but I hope he comes to the realization is that he needs to hire a true pro to run his offense.

No problem with this. But why on earth did we trade away out first round pick next year if this is the line we’re expected to tow?

You can’t behave one way and ask to be judged by another. I was more than happy to stay patient whilst the team developed and grew. Then they started investing our future into the present.

It also doesn’t account for clear regression from last year - which should never be a part of any rebuild blueprint.

I’m not demanding coaching changes. But they are literally reaping what they’ve sewn here. They spent $100m in free agency then gave up on it 12 months later… then trade away future assets for this season’s ‘benefit’… and now they’re expecting everyone else to stay patient?

Should have just stuck to the damn plan.

This would normally be my take 100%...however, this defense has regressed into a tragic shadow of its former self, in one off-season, with damn near the exact same staff and players. Are we to believe KVN was the glue holding the whole thing together? I find it VERY hard to believe that.

I'm not calling for their heads in earnest...yet...the season has to play out yet. But it's looking bleak. Flo still has a lot to learn as an HC, and he shows his warts. He has to be able to learn from them or else nothing will improve. He seems like one hell of a guy, but if he loses the locker room, he's toast.

We get to voice our opinions when we have been mired in mediocracy for decades. Yes, we happen to get frustrated when we see the pattern repeat itself. Why do we get a voice, because we are the peeps who buy the merchandise, painfully watch the games on TV and we are the ones who buy the season tickets!

I believe the Front Office is the problem as they are the ones who decided the draft picks and the free agent moves. Examining the outcomes, We are not impressed. The Chargers (almost said San Diego) had the worst O Line last year in the league. Much improved this year due to their moves. I cannot say the same thing for Miami. We have missed on our grading of personnel for decades and the person who has been in the system is Grier. His hit/miss ratio is below average and if any of us performed in that manner in our jobs, we would get fired. That said, I still believe in Flores but he too needs to examine his staff and evaluate their play calling and those responsible for development of players.

Sorry, OP but nah. It's not like we have a few small problems. It's as if Flores and company drove our ship onto a reef, then blew it apart with explosives. How do we trust these guys from here? They've done nothing to expect an ounce of good faith from myself and other fans.
I refuse to bury my head in the sand on this. There needs to be a reckoning for the seemingly endless mountain of mistakes made by the Dolphins management.
What do we do about the fact that no one wants to coach under Flo? We tried to hire an OC, not one taker. That's a huge problem that isn't just going to go away. He isn't likeable

Last edited:
Im done with Flores & the entire F/O as of yesterday. I gave him rope and he is hanging right now.

Unacceptable to be this inept as a "Pro" franchise. Did you notice Brady's body language yesterday? It was the easiest win of his career and he barely showed interest. Men amongst boys out there and there was no fight,pride,respect,heart or sense of urgency on the Miami sideline.

They are done and its time to rebuild...again. This is not a fan problem but its a franchise problem that seems to have no fix that even gets them back to decent.

If he loses the lockerroom he needs to go.
But for now, I don't think he's has to go.
I feel Grier needs to go regardless of Flores does this year.

Why I feel Grier needs to go:
We traded up for a WR when there were tons of pressing needs. I like Waddle, and still do but they gave up a lot for a WR who is a complete nonfactor his rookie year. I know WRs some times need a year to develop/adjust and his QB situation was less than ideal with Brisket. But, nothing so far screams impact player/talent at the moment. Gave up a future top 10 pick, and chances are he still could of been there at 12.

Add in the 2020 draft not looking too hot, and poor FA signings to this day, we need new direction at GM.

Im done with Flores & the entire F/O as of yesterday. I gave him rope and he is hanging right now.

Unacceptable to be this inept as a "Pro" franchise. Did you notice Brady's body language yesterday? It was the easiest win of his career and he barely showed interest. Men amongst boys out there and there was no fight,pride,respect,heart or sense of urgency on the Miami sideline.

They are done and its time to rebuild...again. This is not a fan problem but its a franchise problem that seems to have no fix that even gets them back to decent.
Did you hear Mike Evans after the game. Said that Miami has a simple defense to beat!

Back
Top Bottom