How I feel about this whole situation | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I feel about this whole situation

We won 10 games last year and the powers that be decided to get rid of veteran players and coaches and go with unproven coaches and players. That is not just a mistake, it is a complete blunder. It also suggests Flo has issues with anyone who challenges his authority. This lends itself to insecurity, not leadership. The statement made by Tua's trainer is smoke that when teamed with other things suggests that Flo's leadership and communication skills are not very good. Lastly, when you treat vets like Van Noy like that, cutting him after one year it does 2 things. It is a red flag for future vets who might want to come here, and it makes current players have trust issues. This year's FA and coach hiring decisions look like they were made by a 5th grade dictator. There is a major issue here and you are blind if you don't see it.
Yes sir. Admittedly, I was on board with some of the releases. Van noy was questionable but because I was once again fooled by this organization, I supported it. I supported Grier and Flo for the vets they released. Honestly though I thought they would replace the vets the cut on the o line with new better vets but nope.

I'm just so done with this garbage that's been put on the field, all the blow picks for 20 ****ing years of griers tenure here... fire ****ing everyone and hire either ol chucky since he was just let go or some other HC with experience. Who can bring in other coaching staff with experience.

There is really only one man's opinion on Flo that matters, and we don't know who that is yet. Grier should have been fired months ago. We need to get Grier out of here, and find his replacement. The new GM should come in and access EVERYTHING including Flores.
Agreed, but if you keep a coach that can’t hire a successful stable staff…your just another problem!

you got a point because he was loved on here by many

But I must say I never seen a coach as popular with the dolphin fan base as Flores was in his first two seasons after doing so little.

5 games in 2019 he won. big deal. no pressure to win and he is the one that wanted to tear roster down.
Last year 10 wins. no playoffs. got crushed in last game of season.

Still he got love that other coaches who had more wins and playoffs in their first two years with miami had. What did he really do? I am stunned that he got so much support here without much success and I am stunned that the support from the fan base on this board has turned so quickly.

I was not impressed with him at in 2019. Did not care about meaninngless win in new england at end of the year. If we needed that game we would have been blown out. team is different with pressure on.

2020. I Thought he did a good job changing the game plan each week for defense and I liked how he was willing to switch things up based on the other team. Much better than wide nine concept against ever team in league.

But didn't anyone notice concerns in first two years when they thought things were great before this losing streak this year? there were warning signs all over the place.
Indeed, constantly changing assistants for one!

The 2019 schedule plus some “Fitzmagic” against the Raiders got us to 10 wins!

I am certainly willing to see how the next 12 games go before I call for firing anyone. Tua has only played in one full game and the WR’s are once again injured. The OL still needs to
develop before it can even be considered below average.

The defense though is the real issue. That unit has gone from top 10 to bottom 10 and you can’t use the excuse they are young and still developing. Most of the players on defense have been in the league for 3 years or more and they should be playing much better than they have played so far.

I went into this season saying the Dolphins need to be a playoff team or else Ross needs to consider whether he has the right men running this team. With the injury to Tua, making the playoffs will likely not happen. So I am willing to give Flores the benefit if the doubt for now but I still think the Dolphins need to finish above 500 or Flores and Grier need to go.

They have 12 games left to play. So they need to go 8-4 to finish at 9-8 this season. Anything less and I consider that totally unacceptable. Hopefully Ross would consider it unacceptable too.
So you’re saying you demand more mediocrity? Because that’s what this says. That says im happy being the equivalent of today’s 8-8. That’s pathetic!

No thanks. No thanks to lazy journalism, no thanks to lazy posters (I can’t genuinely hear out someones opinion on a subject that requires critical thinking and an ability to do basic research when they don’t know the difference between access and assess) and No thanks to lazy coaching staffs

That’s all I’m seeing. This team is staring down constant regression at the offensive line, combined with a startling regression of the defense and to top it all off… we don’t have our first round pick next season because we were asked to bet on this team by our GM and coaching staff. A coaching staff that submitted names to Grier knowing it meant Deiter, a third string center who has no extended pro experience at the position, starting at Center. Jesse Davis, a career backup, starting at RT.

From the same head coach who has had numerous gaffes, from poorly handling a team leader in Albert Wilson, to completely botching how to run his rookie QBs season. Dudes overwhelmed and seems far too arrogant to recognize it.

And now I’m being asked to be patient with him because “it’s Just four game” Lmao. Goddamn that’s dense.

A friend just texted me “I can’t believe we passed on Johnathan Taylor to draft Noah Inactivegoawhabe.”

Bahaha!!!!
almost as bad as taking Charles Harris when Dalvin Cook was sitting there. Grier just doesnt value RB's...........or Lb'ers or DT's.

Also, the main reason I don't think Flo can be our future is due all the coaching turn-over coupled the fact that no OCs wanted to come work him this off season. What does that mean for us?
Also, this is what yearly coaching turn over looks like. Confused, disheartened players. If we went through 4 coaches during my 3 years in College you'd be demoralized as a player. You would never hit any sort of stride or feeling of normalization.

I've asked this in other threads and haven't gotten an answer, silence, crickets. What aspect of coaching is Flores good at?

Grier and the O.C.s are the problem here. We all knew the OL was suspect, but we kept adding DBs. Not adding any real RBs. Taking a TE in the 3rd, when we were set. Charles Harris. Noah Igi. Jackson. More DBs.

It's Grier guys. It's been Grier for a couple decades now.

I’ll say this. I’m not exactly ready to abandon ship on Flores just yet. He has issues a new HC in the NFL and he has to work though his growing pains. He can coach players to be better but I hope he comes to the realization is that he needs to hire a true pro to run his offense.
Timing. You think he rights the ship. Ok.

Curious as to this way of thinking...what is good enough? Or bad enough to make you want to change?

If we keep him around, and next year we start 1- 3 (like this year and last) will it be too early ("only 4 games!") To call for his replacement? Will he still be graded on a curve?

If we keep him and fire Grier, is it only fair that Flo get two seasons (minimum) with new players?

Im done with Flores & the entire F/O as of yesterday. I gave him rope and he is hanging right now.

Unacceptable to be this inept as a "Pro" franchise. Did you notice Brady's body language yesterday? It was the easiest win of his career and he barely showed interest. Men amongst boys out there and there was no fight,pride,respect,heart or sense of urgency on the Miami sideline.

They are done and its time to rebuild...again. This is not a fan problem but its a franchise problem that seems to have no fix that even gets them back to decent.
100% correct.

Back
Top Bottom