How I feel about this whole situation | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How I feel about this whole situation

The whole ****ing coaching staff sucks Everyone keeps talking about the coach or the GM it’s all of them. They don’t know how to draft ,They don’t know how to scout , Co offensive coordinators lmao please!! There’s not one positive thing about these coaches or this team.

Furthermore they went into the season with all this Deshawn Watson talk creating distractions. I believe they were in talks with the Texans and the whole team knew it, just like they know Tua sucks.

I myself didn’t expect the defense to regress, I thought we had that locked up because we had a defensive coach. This coach has done nothing but go backwards.

Flo can coach a defense, period. Look at the defenses he's been a part of and like it or not Belichick was a pretty good defensive mind to learn from.

What Flo is struggling with is becoming a Head Coach. His two headed approach to the offense is a disaster and has been repeatedly proven to fail in the NFL. So now Flo is taking away his attention from the defensive side of the ball to address this offensive disaster, so both sides are failing.

Trying to correct a mistake like this during the season is just about impossible, there is no quality OC that can step in and fix all this utilizing the offensive staff that is already in place and without bringing in their own playbook which of course there is no time to install.

So Flo is left trying to patch things up on his own, which I now believe with a best case scenario we're winning 7-8 games this year. This is a very expensive lesson for Flo, if he doesn't fix this issue definitively over the course of the next off-season he's going to get fired and very likely Grier along with him...

Until then I hope he can get the guys playing hard again, right now they have lost a little bit of the grit and determination they played with last season...

No problem with this. But why on earth did we trade away out first round pick next year if this is the line we’re expected to tow?

You can’t behave one way and ask to be judged by another. I was more than happy to stay patient whilst the team developed and grew. Then they started investing our future into the present.

It also doesn’t account for clear regression from last year - which should never be a part of any rebuild blueprint.

I’m not demanding coaching changes. But they are literally reaping what they’ve sewn here. They spent $100m in free agency then gave up on it 12 months later… then trade away future assets for this season’s ‘benefit’… and now they’re expecting everyone else to stay patient?

Should have just stuck to the damn plan.
They've been trying to take a short cut to the rebuild right from the start when they traded away a 2nd round pick for Rosen and of course bringing in Fitz to try to win 3 or 4 games......people were saying flores needed to win those few games in the first year to start a "winning culture"..........does anybody still care about those games we won in 2019 which costed us the top pick of the draft?

Flo can coach a defense, period. Look at the defenses he's been a part of and like it or not Belichick was a pretty good defensive mind to learn from.

What Flo is struggling with is becoming a Head Coach. His two headed approach to the offense is a disaster and has been repeatedly proven to fail in the NFL. So now Flo is taking away his attention from the defensive side of the ball to address this offensive disaster, so both sides are failing.

Trying to correct a mistake like this during the season is just about impossible, there is no quality OC that can step in and fix all this utilizing the offensive staff that is already in place and without bringing in their own playbook which of course there is no time to install.

So Flo is left trying to patch things up on his own, which I now believe with a best case scenario we're winning 7-8 games this year. This is a very expensive lesson for Flo, if he doesn't fix this issue definitively over the course of the next off-season he's going to get fired and very likely Grier along with him...

Until then I hope he can get the guys playing hard again, right now they have lost a little bit of the grit and determination they played with last season...
He can coach a defense to giving up historic numbers to opposing offenses. Truly what a skill.

Agreed, but if you keep a coach that can’t hire a successful stable staff…your just another problem!
I totally agree! I'm on the fire everybody wagon, and the sooner tge better. However, you can't send everybody packing in the middle of the season, somebody has to coach the team. Go ahead right now and clean the front office. Start interviews and get an actual competent GM in here. Let him build his front office while accessing the coaching staff and players on the field. I'm pretty sure if the new GM is competent we will be getting a new coaching staff in the offseason. We have cap space and draft picks, a competent GM can make a difference quickly in Miami for the new coaching staff.

Idk...........maybe it's the cycle of 1) someone gets fired due to a shity team 2) Miami franchise is partially cleaned out 3) new people are brought in 4) rebuilding begins 5) second year of rebuild the team overperforms 6) by year three and four the team is still mediocre with holes and questions abound 7) other NFL teams in that same time frame have improved tremendously.

But I guess I am the issue, maybe this dude is right............after 40+ years of fandom over half of which has been this shity cycle of wash, rise, repeat maybe it's time for me to fire myself from rooting for this shity product.

No problem with this. But why on earth did we trade away out first round pick next year if this is the line we’re expected to tow?

You can’t behave one way and ask to be judged by another. I was more than happy to stay patient whilst the team developed and grew. Then they started investing our future into the present.

It also doesn’t account for clear regression from last year - which should never be a part of any rebuild blueprint.

I’m not demanding coaching changes. But they are literally reaping what they’ve sewn here. They spent $100m in free agency then gave up on it 12 months later… then trade away future assets for this season’s ‘benefit’… and now they’re expecting everyone else to stay patient?

Should have just stuck to the damn plan.
The good news is we've gotten some breaks with SF losing a couple games. We're currently one game behind them and we have several winnable games coming up. I think our schedule is more favorable than that of the niners. I'm going to guess that pick will be a similar pick or better for us. Yes, I know we're not good but we are good enough to win some of our upcoming games. If not, then we blew that as well.

You really have to give him like 2389201 extra chances. In like 15 years, we'll know.

Last year I talked about this staff being teachers and developers of players. I now think the this philosophy of learning multiple positions before mastery of the one you occupy is very counter productive at best. The concerns of Flo not being able to co-exist with an offensive minded coach, is the most troubling thing to me. Bad OL play is on the coaches. Not having a quality plan to attack on O, within your capability is coaching. The problems on D are coaching and motivation because of the Offenses ineptitude. Flo's distraction is causing problems on all phases. Considering where X was at the time, I get the Iggy pick. You don't win them all. The trade down then up last year backfired to sat the least. Lastly, this is the fans forum. This is where we come to vent. I have been called out for bemoaning whiny fans, and will say to the OP, everybody entitled here, let them vent.

1634048800801.png

Guy also says this. I hope he's not comparing Tua to Dan already? Patience is great and all and I'm all for giving someone time to show what they can be but come on!

Last year our turnaround started with a win at Jacksonville. It'll have to start that way this year in London as well. Must win it and come home and beat Atlanta the next week to do anything still this year. While we play Atlanta, Buffalo gets the week off and hosts us the next week. I still look for a Tampa Bay result there even if we do come in on a two game win streak. 3-5 is as good as this can be after eight games......and it could be a lot worse.

LANGUAGE WARNING

This video perfectly sums up my opinion on dumbass Twitter posters telling me, a football fan, that I am 'part of the problem:'

That is the worst, garbage take I have ever read in my life. No, I'm not part of the problem. I'm not the idiot who promoted a career incompetent to the highest position within my organization. I'm not the career incompetent who hired my totally unqualified best friend to manage the actual operations of the football team. I'm not the unqualified best friend who pissed off so many assistant coaches in just two years that I couldn't even get any decent candidates to interview to be my direct subordinate.

Sincerely,
Piss Off

Brian Flores can get coffee for people who can coach defense. That's what I see when I look at the 'defenses' he has been a part of, and the defense he is actually responsible for.

Back
Top Bottom