How important is character at QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How important is character at QB

Rumor has it the N F L awards cheaters handsomely so

there ya go! "Character" is highly subjective and as long

as you sell well on TV you're a "good character!"

Kind of like Seinfeld. The show about nothing.......lol

That post came from having to sit in line at the bank for 45 mns.

But yeah, homie is a little over zealous in his takes.

This crap happens every year. Marino was accused of smoking weed and he fell to us because of it. Tunsil too. Rest is history

I know a lot of deeply religious people that are full of nothing but hate. I wouldn’t consider that a positive or a negative mark towards anyone’s actual character.

As far as my QB goes, the character I want to see is someone who can rally the team when it matters, and get wins

As long as the team is winning then poor character is usually given a pass.

If the team is losing then poor character becomes extremely important.

I feel like one of the biggest issues with reading old social media posts is that you see everything without the context. It is very easy to see what you want to see when you ignore the context in which it was written. A lot of what he wrote sounds like a typical high school kid. Especially the posts about the NBA; he wasn’t the only person upset when teams drafted European talent over NCAA athletes. The idea that European players were usually busts was fairly prevalent until recently.

I'm glad many of us did not grow up with today's social media culture and all that it brings with it. The vanity, self importance and detachment from what really matters in life. Oh and our own stupidity and youthful indiscretions would haunt us all.

I know a lot of deeply religious people that are full of nothing but hate. I wouldn’t consider that a positive or a negative mark towards anyone’s actual character.

As far as my QB goes, the character I want to see is someone who can rally the team when it matters, and get wins

Religious or not, that is just human nature. Some of the most tolerant I'm constantly told and lectured by have zero issues hating those with religious convictions.

Well he destroyed college football this past year, won the Heisman, and will be 1st pick in the draft, so looks like past twitter comments don't matter much.

I see Tua as a hard-working, very religious man. He is overcome a devastating injury. Joe Burrow?
Well, let's discuss this:
Looks like he has a lot of hatred towards blacks and foreigners. Do you want this to be the face of your franchise? By the way, our GM and HC are black
Character is very import especially at the QB position, I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt. The locker room will take care of that real quick. That being said I would rather have Tua then a one year wonder that he was.

I see Tua as a hard-working, very religious man. He is overcome a devastating injury. Joe Burrow?
Well, let's discuss this:Don’t agree
Looks like he has a lot of hatred towards blacks and foreigners. Do you want this to be the face of your franchise? By the way, our GM and HC are black
All these tweets appear to be when he was 17 or younger. While I certainly don’t agree with his comments, I
also realize that most young teenage boys and girls make comments or post comments they regret as they get older and mature.
He played with a majority of black players at Ohio State and at LSU and yet I haven’t read where a single one of these players accused him of being a racist. In fact it appeared that the players on LSU loved playing with him.
I do admire Tua and he does seem to be a good guy but as far as him being religious is concerned, I couldn’t care less. The most bigoted and racists individuals I have met in my life also claimed to be religious. I don’t think Tua is one of those individuals but just because someone claims to be religious doesn’t mean they have character.

Flores likes them tough and smart. That means smart football IQ that can go thru progressions quickly and knows where to go with the ball presnap. That means QB knows to throw to #3 WR if defense scheme for that play tells him prior to the snap.

Someone like burrow or TUA. Not you know who. Burrow and TUA are leaders, take a beating and keep on making plays, get rid of the ball fast to the right WR.

Something really similar happened with Josh Allen a few years ago before he was drafted. I think either some posts he made on MySpace or Facebook came up where he was using the "n" word (if I remember correctly, he was trying to use it in a gangsta rap way, and not referring to black people). After the teams did some digging, they decided they were the actions of a dumb young teenager who grew up. I really hope this is the case for Burrow and he grown up mentally after posting such crap.

Back
Top Bottom