How is being a loser for who the funk ever working out? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is being a loser for who the funk ever working out?

We are losing because we have no talent not for a particular player anymore

Some people just don’t get it.

Chase Young, come on down. And many more players too. Starting from the ground up is the way to do it. Manage draft picks and cap space like a boss.

There is an outside chance Cincy wants Chase Young, which I can only pray for. I want me some Burrow.

Some people just don’t get it.

Chase Young, come on down. And many more players too. Starting from the ground up is the way to do it. Manage draft picks and cap space like a boss.

There is an outside chance Cincy wants Chase Young, which I can only pray for. I want me some Burrow.

Doesn't matter. The board will melt down if QB isn't the first pick. Because why not? Not like they have 5,978 picks or anything.

Doesn't matter. The board will melt down if QB isn't the first pick. Because why not? Not like they have 5,978 picks or anything.

Ya I don’t get that.

Doesn’t make a difference if we add our QB this year or next if you can’t block, run the ball, rush the passer or defend the pass with someone other than X.

If I can get Burrow it’s a no brainer but to take Fromm or Herbert because I have to? That would make me nauseous.

I’d rather resign Tannehill than force a QB.

Last edited:
Ya I don’t get that.

Doesn’t make a difference if we add our QB this year or next if you can’t block, run the ball, rush the passer or defend the pass with someone other than X.

If I can get Burrow it’s a no brained but to take Fromm or Herbert because I have to? That would make me nauseous.

I’d rather resign Tannehill than force a QB.

It is a lot easier, and less costly, to draft the guy you want at the top of the draft.

If you wait until after you start rebuilding and winning games, it will be more difficult to land the guy you want. In our case, we would be mired in the 8-8 type seasons, picking the leftovers. Something we were trying to avoid with this rebuild.

Get the QB then rebuild everything else.

It is a lot easier, and less costly, to draft the guy you want at the top of the draft.

If you wait until after you start rebuilding and winning games, it will be more difficult to land the guy you want. In our case, we would be mired in the 8-8 type seasons, picking the leftovers. Something we were trying to avoid with this rebuild.

Houston, Kansas City and Baltimore would beg to differ. Jets, Browns and Bills did it your way.

We already have future assets that will make targeting the right guy a lot simpler.

Miami is going to make sure they have draft capital for quite awhile.

Not going to pull and Oakland/Cleveland and use up all our assets right away.

Laremy Tunsil trade was a gift from the gods.

Houston, Kansas City and Baltimore would beg to differ. Jets, Browns and Bills did it your way.

We already have future assets that will make targeting the right guy a lot simpler.

Twice! :lol:

Once with the gas mask and now the trade. Praise to the football gods.

I didnt say its impossible, I said its easier.

Btw, its not MY way, its Ross and Grier's way. There is a reason they dismantled the team and it wasnt to set records for futility just for the hell of it.

This team has passed on QB for too long, and they know it. We tried it your way when we took Jake Long and Ronnie Brown. Its time to do it the right way.

This is the most logical post in this thread...

And once you start factoring in the fact that Wins have absolutely no long term implications when you're effectively out of the playoffs, then it just becomes a no-brainer...

Im starting to agree with pme poster that Chase Young is Vernon Gholston 2.p

Speed does nothing in the NFL

This part is crucial...

Because this draft should be the one where they get to pick close to the top.... There's no way, with all the draft ammo and cap space they have, Fins should be drafting anywhere close to the top of the draft next time around... If they do, QB is the least of their problems...

Are we losers enough to maybe perhaps draft the players we think will make a difference?

I kind of feel bad for these players but they will do well once they move on.

Who were we losing for anyway? Was there one "special" college player we wanted?
What are you talking about?

Only inane posters on a message board ever thought we would try to lose to pick a particular player.

We are tearing a perennially mediocre team down in order to build it back up the right way.

Into a team that can achieve success and maintain it.

Ideally, the higher you pick the more access you have to higher rated prospects, and the more leverage you have when it comes to trades.

The coaching staff wants to win every week. The players want to win every week. Both are trying to win every week. But when you tear it down like we did, you are talent deficient, and need to play perfect games just to have a chance to keep it close.

Wherever we end up picking with any of the picks we have, we need to pick insanely well. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom