How is being a loser for who the funk ever working out? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is being a loser for who the funk ever working out?

The draft is one of my favorite days.

I'm so going to enjoy this one coming up.

Hell ya.

All these “scared” fans are annoying.

I also think Brian Flores is going to have a bigger input than most people think. The dude is a scout at heart and a wannabe GM, in his own words. Dude spent his early days in NE dreaming about putting a team together from scratch.

Hell ya.

All these “scared” fans are annoying.

I also think Brian Flores is going to have a bigger input than most people think. The dude is a scout at heart and a wannabe GM, in his own words. Dude spent his early days in NE dreaming about putting a team together from scratch.
there's a lot of luck involved. even if you do everything right players can fail, even if you do everything wrong players can succeed.

i hope the luck and the skill come together for us these next two drafts.

there's a lot of luck involved. even if you do everything right players can fail, even if you do everything wrong players can succeed.

i hope the luck and the skill come together for us these next two drafts.

Agree completely with that.

That’s why I think the “strength in numbers” philosophy is the way to go moving forward.

So many fans are enamored with the here and now and fail to realize this FO is setting things up for the long haul.

The 2020 draft is no more or less important than the 2022 or 2024 draft. We are in the rare position to create a true draft arsenal for years to come.

Statistically speaking it’s soooooo unlikely we hit on all 3 of our first rounds, heck if we hit on 2 out 3 that’s a win.

What makes the most sense is having multiple firsts and seconds so we can absorb the misses and keep moving forward.

So much of it is luck. Tom Brady being the perfect example. A guy drafted by Scott Pioli that Belichek didn’t want to keep on the roster because it meant he had to keep 4 QBs to do so.

Im usually all about trading down and acquiring the ever valuable high 2nds.

I think our FO is going to surprise a lot of people with their patient yet aggressive approach to the draft.

This is not a roster that needs 4th, 5th or 6th round picks, those picks need to keep being flipped for value.

Agree completely with that.

That’s why I think the “strength in numbers” philosophy is the way to go moving forward.

So many fans are enamored with the here and now and fail to realize this FO is setting things up for the long haul.

The 2020 draft is no more or less important than the 2022 or 2024 draft. We are in the rare position to create a true draft arsenal for years to come.

Statistically speaking it’s soooooo unlikely we hit on all 3 of our first rounds, heck if we hit on 2 out 3 that’s a win.

What makes the most sense is having multiple firsts and seconds so we can absorb the misses and keep moving forward.

So much of it is luck. Tom Brady being the perfect example. A guy drafted by Scott Pioli that Belichek didn’t want to keep on the roster because it meant he had to keep 4 QBs to do so.

Im usually all about trading down and acquiring the ever valuable high 2nds.

I think our FO is going to surprise a lot of people with their patient yet aggressive approach to the draft.

This is not a roster that needs 4th, 5th or 6th round picks, those picks need to keep being flipped for value.
no outright busts would be good (i don't mean slow to develop, i mean busts, lol).

with all our first and second rounders I would like one or two impact players (at minimum) and the rest promising players with upside.

no out-and-out busts with the high picks! there's whiffing, then there's WHIFFING.

U can't expect Grier to hit on all his pick. We need hope for at least 50 to 70% of his pick. would be nice.
50% is considered a successful draft. 60% is considered a great draft and very seldom reached. 70% is almost not achievable.

Last edited:
over 130 million dollars in capspace and tons of draft picks is a recipe for success, Obviously whomever started this thread is not a fan of analytics but in today's game it is an absolute must.

With the amount of money we have, tons of picks the next two years I could easily see this team rebuild to a serious playoff competitor by 2021. My preference is yes we accumulate resources this season but it cannot stop there, We should always be on the lookout to trade players at their peak value lest they are a vital part to the team, same as New England has always done.'

An example would be Reshad Jones, I would have traded him about 3 years ago when he hit 28 and an all pro, Would have likely netted us a 1st or 2nd rounder but now we would get next to nothing.

if you want prolonged success like Pitt or New Enland after we reload we have to continue reloading even with a competitive roster.

Anybody help me understand what the title is supposed to say?

Not fluent in drunken jibberish?

Made complete sense to me, but then again I lived with a fall down drunk for a few years.

Good times.....
I'm sure it makes sense, I just keep looking at the words and I can't form them into something I recognise.

Back
Top Bottom