How is being a loser for who the funk ever working out? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How is being a loser for who the funk ever working out?

I'm sure it makes sense, I just keep looking at the words and I can't form them into something I recognise.
Hah...

We do not get coherent, well structured, complete sentences from half the actual journalists/writers these days, let alone random forum posters.

I agree though, that was bad.

Ya I don’t get that.

Doesn’t make a difference if we add our QB this year or next if you can’t block, run the ball, rush the passer or defend the pass with someone other than X.

If I can get Burrow it’s a no brainer but to take Fromm or Herbert because I have to? That would make me nauseous.

I’d rather resign Tannehill than force a QB.

How is Arizona "all of a sudden" making it happen? Just on year ago they had the worst Oline in the NFL and yes they are still losing but it definitely isn't because of their offense. A special QB can come in a change everything.

over 130 million dollars in capspace and tons of draft picks is a recipe for success, Obviously whomever started this thread is not a fan of analytics but in today's game it is an absolute must.

With the amount of money we have, tons of picks the next two years I could easily see this team rebuild to a serious playoff competitor by 2021. My preference is yes we accumulate resources this season but it cannot stop there, We should always be on the lookout to trade players at their peak value lest they are a vital part to the team, same as New England has always done.'

An example would be Reshad Jones, I would have traded him about 3 years ago when he hit 28 and an all pro, Would have likely netted us a 1st or 2nd rounder but now we would get next to nothing.

if you want prolonged success like Pitt or New Enland after we reload we have to continue reloading even with a competitive roster.

Here's the problem, we have a proven loser making the draft picks and signing the free agents. Jeff Ireland was given picks and money, too. Chris Grier was apparently the one man in the war room pounding the table screaming "Don't draft Dion Jordan."

Sure.

Whole bunch of people in here making assumptions when no one has a clue.

One way or another we all gonna bitch in March and April.

How is Arizona "all of a sudden" making it happen? Just on year ago they had the worst Oline in the NFL and yes they are still losing but it definitely isn't because of their offense. A special QB can come in a change everything.
If they aren't winning, it didn't change anything, except perception.

Your statement actually disproved your point.

I've been a Dolphin fan since 1972. I've seen things, man.

We traded everyone we could have then a couple of players on their own wanted trades. Because of this front office planning on us losing this year. The next two drafts will be very important.

Have you ever noticed that a lot of ex-Dolphins do well with other teams? Maybe...just maybe...the problem is us. While I'm here let me say my standard "run the ball and play defense" line. We have not committed to running the ball since Ricky Williams.

We get players all the time enough our drafting has sucked balls. But we can't coach them or use them correctly.

Tannehill has certainly taken to Tennessee, where he's playing in a power-based scheme that better suits his talents as a dual-threat playmaker. The Titans' coaches appear to have a solid grasp on his strengths and weaknesses as an athletic, quick-rhythm passer with B-plus arm strength, using an assortment of quicks and intermediate rhythm throws from shotgun formations to complement traditional play-action and movement-based passes from run-heavy sets. With Tannehill showing tremendous confidence in those aspects, the ball has come out in a hurry, and the opposing pass rush hasn't been a factor. Additionally, Tannehill has been more willing to throw the ball outside to his wide receivers instead of force-feeding the tight ends over the middle. This subtle change has stretched defenses horizontally and given defensive coordinators more to think about when preparing for the Titans' aerial attack.

Since stepping in as the Titans' QB1 in Week 7, Tannehill is posting career highs as a starter in win percentage (.800), completion percentage (71.01%), yards per attempt (9.25), touchdown-to-interception ratio (10:3) and passer rating (114.9). Most importantly, No. 17 has been the spark plug to an offense that's averaged 13.1 more points per game and 93.9 more total yards per game under his direction while also posting the highest red-zone percentage (92.9) in the league during that span entering Week 13.

Furthermore, Tannehill's athleticism and running skills have added some diversity to the team's sledgehammer rushing attack, which is anchored by Derrick Henry. It's not a coincidence that No. 22 has averaged 115.0 rushing yards per game since Tannehill's insertion into the lineup. The veteran quarterback isn't afraid to take off as a scrambler, and he is enough of a threat on zone-read/stretch-bootleg plays that defenders must account for him in the running game. The removal of a back-side pursuer has evened up the numbers at the line of scrimmage, giving Henry more room to run between the tackles.

The synergy between Tannehill, Henry, the offensive line and Tennessee's receivers has enabled first-year offensive coordinator Arthur Smith to settle in as a play-caller and craft an offensive identity that will give opponents problems down the stretch. Defensive coordinators must come up with tactics to handle a powerful rushing attack and an efficient quarterback with dual-threat capabilities. This is certainly not an easy task, and it is one of the reasons why the Titans should consider re-signing No. 17 as their long-term answer at the quarterback position, with Mariota bound for free agency after losing his job to Tannehill in the final year of his rookie contract.

Yea, we can't find a QB.....

Do you know how many times the Dolphins have started over?

Back
Top Bottom