How long should we play our starters in our next preseason game (Tampa Bay)? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How long should we play our starters in our next preseason game (Tampa Bay)?

How long should we play our starters in our next preseason game (Tampa Bay)?

• Not at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Series

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 1 Quarter

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • 2 Quarters

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • 3 Quarters

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Full Game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Yesterday, I was roundly criticized for saying we shouldn't play our starters for more than 1 quarter in meaningless preseason games, because of injury risk. Double the time, double the injury risk.

Now that Dustin Keller has likely been lost for the year due to a 2nd quarter preseason hit to his knee, some Finheaven posters are doubling down, and saying we should still play our starters for 2-3 quarters in preseason games, even if it means losing starters like Wallace, Miller, Wake, Grimes, etc.

So here's the poll: How long should we play our starters in our next preseason game (Tampa Bay)?

Yesterday, I was roundly criticized for saying we shouldn't play our starters for more than 1 quarter in meaningless preseason games, because of injury risk. Double the time, double the injury risk.

Now that Dustin Keller has likely been lost for the year due to a 2nd quarter preseason hit to his knee, some Finheaven posters are doubling down, and saying we should still play our starters for 2-3 quarters in preseason games, even if it means losing starters like Wallace, Miller, Wake, Grimes, etc.

So here's the poll: How long should we play our starters in our next preseason game (Tampa Bay)?

How ever long it takes until the coaching staff thinks the team is ready - injuries happen and they suck.

5 quarters

-----------------------

The entire first half on offense because the following week they wont play at all vs the saints.

The entire first half. They need the work. Injuries happen, **** happens. I don't want to see Philbin start coaching scared because someone went low on his TE and busted his knee.

I would play them into the 3rd quarter. It is crushing to lose Keller, but injuries can happen anytime. Players need to get in game shape and that happens in games. Let them play come out of the locker room and play a series in the 3rd.

They should play 3 quarters. Just like it is planned for most of the teams in their dress rehearsal game. Injuries suck but this is football and they happen. Can't change the way you do things because of an injury. They will also need time next game to integrate a new starting tight end.

Until philbins decides its time to pull me out. Gotta trust the coaching staff. Looking forward to see Simms next week

Based on your logic why play them at all in preseason? Zero plays zero percent chance of injury.

Based on your logic why play them at all in preseason? Zero plays zero percent chance of injury.

Because as elite teams have shown, for meaningless preseason games, 1 quarter is enough to keep the starters ready, without doubling or tripling unnecessary injury risk.

Hindsight makes everyone an expert.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Because as elite teams have shown, for meaningless preseason games, 1 quarter is enough to keep the starters ready, without doubling or tripling unnecessary injury risk.

Our starters need the work and not sure where you get the info on what elite teams do but.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Exactly! When we become an elite team, come back and we will talk about this.

Elite teams can do that because they are elite teams. Tannehill isn't Tom Brady. Our line isn't the Cowboys of the 90's. Our starting TE may not even be on the team. Lamar Miller isn't Adrian Peterson. Aaron Rodgers doesn't need to throw the ball any more to the guys he has been throwing to for years. We aren't that good, and more importantly we aren't that seasoned.

Back
Top Bottom