How long till Manning signs?

steviey013

Second String
Reaction score
Let me get back to you on that after I remove my criminal record, get a date, take a trip to Chicago to watch the Blackhawks and order some Giants Superbowl souvenirs!

bknapple

Rookie
Reaction score
Why would it take at least a week? Hes eligible to sign right after he is released

Lilseb93

This Is My House
Reaction score
Why would it take at least a week? Hes eligible to sign right after he is released
He'll probably workout for different teams and have discussions with them about their offensive schemes and players. It's not going to be quick process unless he has his mind set on a particular team. Hopefully the Fins.

Last edited by a moderator:

clownfish

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think it may take a while. I'm sure that it will be at least the day before FA starts because the teams that fail to sign him will be looking to Flynn as their second choice. So we may have a full week before we know. I'm predicting he will sign by Monday.

LennyV

Rookie
Reaction score
THere better be a plane sitting in the Indy airport with a Dolphins logo on it waiting to drop Manning off back in Florida.

BladeRunner

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
He'll probably workout for different teams and have discussions with them about their offensive schemes and players. It's not going to be quick process unless he has his mind set on a particular team. Hopefully the Fins.
Agreed. I don't think any team will just roll the dice and sign him without at least kicking the tires. Manning has to prove he can still play. I know Ross is probably thinking "stadium seats wil be packed" with Manning at QB. Regardless, the coaching staff, Ireland, team doctors & Ross still need to proceed with caution.

Reaction score
Agreed. I don't think any team will just roll the dice and sign him without at least kicking the tires. Manning has to prove he can still play. I know Ross is probably thinking "stadium seats wil be packed" with Manning at QB. Regardless, the coaching staff, Ireland, team doctors & Ross still need to proceed with caution.
I'm sure Miami has already made their decision. They knew whether they wanted him or not before the Colts ever released him. Manning is the only one who has to make a decision now and he will want to do that asap. I agree it will take a couple days but I'm predicting Thursday. I believe Manning has already decided where he wants to go first. The only thing up in the air now is agreeing on a contract.

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
doctors will have to check him out and I'd think he'll need to work out for the teams that want him.....again, I just hope this can get done before the start of free agency or we could be left without Manning or Flynn.

Ozzy rules!!

zFUNK

Rigid like a BreadStick. I'm old greeeeg
Reaction score
Dont overlook the fact that this is also Reggie Wayne's hometown... he has to have some say in this process if he's "shadowing" Mannings decision to sign somewhere. Right now I think the Dolphins are in the best position to get #18, and if we don't I WILL be very let-down. The second Manning would sign, season tickets would sell out, and that is a fact.

cuzinvinny

Starter
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, I thought I saw on ESPN that he would officially be eligible to be signed after 4 pm today (Wed.) When he signs is another question.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom