How Many Backs??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many Backs???

ajajaj

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So, I'm thouroughly impressed with all of our backs. Minor, Ronnie, Gordon, and Harris, then throw Ricky in too. GOOD LORD!!!

However except for Morris I kinda think our fullbacks are a little crappy. Does ne1 think we will keep Harris, or Gordon as a fullback since we have so much talent at Rb but our Fbs seem kinda week.

It is my impression that we will be using a lot of 3 WR sets and single back sets anyway.

Any comments?

If it means Kay-Jay can stay. I wouldnt care if they put him at WR. But i think they'll keep him for 2nd or 3rd string RB....thats just my opinion, i hope its correct

Well we have Heath Evans who is better than what we have at fullback last year. He is like Konrad without the injuries. If ricky does come back, it will be him, brown, harris and gordon if we keep 4 but if we keep 3 it will be harris on the practice squad.

ajajaj said:
So, I'm thouroughly impressed with all of our backs. Minor, Ronnie, Gordon, and Harris, then throw Ricky in too. GOOD LORD!!!

However except for Morris I kinda think our fullbacks are a little crappy. Does ne1 think we will keep Harris, or Gordon as a fullback since we have so much talent at Rb but our Fbs seem kinda week.

It is my impression that we will be using a lot of 3 WR sets and single back sets anyway.

Any comments?

Evans is a decent FB and fits well into Linehan's offense...Martin is serviceable, but not spectacular...Morris will (IMHO) only make the team because he can be the backup FB or RB....I'm not too worried about the FB position...besides, we could see RW and RB in the backfield a lot together once (and if) RW comes back and is in shape...

Kay-jay might make it as 3rd string or practice squad but I don't think they'll ever put him at WR

Kay-jay might make it as 3rd string or practice squad but I don't think they'll ever put him at WR

I know that to be true man...lol, i was just using that as an example...

But i guess we'll just have to wait and see. I've herd from a couple of people he's doing reall well....So like i said. We'll just have to wait and see

WestVirginiaFan said:
I know that to be true man...lol, i was just using that as an example...

But i guess we'll just have to wait and see. I've herd from a couple of people he's doing reall well....So like i said. We'll just have to wait and see
Oh i figured as much. I was just messing with you.

ether79 said:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic, and meaning that Harris is a stud player and can be a difference maker. I happen to agree after seeing him in college. He has equal potential as Ronnie Brown, and actually with the short life of an NFL RB Kay Jay may wind up being our franchise back.

ajajaj said:
He has equal potential as Ronnie Brown
I'll have to disagree with you on that. I only saw two of his games. One of them was that huge one against miami but I don't know if his game translates as well to the NFL as Browns does.

I just don't like that Morris might get screwed over after him putting up pretty good numbers with our team.

I'll have to disagree with you on that. I only saw two of his games. One of them was that huge one against miami but I don't know if his game translates as well to the NFL as Browns does.

I've watched all of his games. For the past 2 seasons. and how do you know Browns game will translate into nfl? Its just something that we will have to wait and see..But after watching him. I know he has the stuff to take it to the next level...and he will...Just watch and see..

WestVirginiaFan said:
I've watched all of his games. For the past 2 seasons. and how do you know Browns game will translate into nfl? Its just something that we will have to wait and see..But after watching him. I know he has the stuff to take it to the next level...and he will...Just watch and see..
I hope he will. I just think after watching a few games he isn't that great when it comes to elusiveness, might have problems picking up the blitz, and I know his recieving skills are lacking. All of which are things he can work on and get better at which as a Fins player I HOPE he does.Brown IMO is just an all around better game than Harris and thats why I don't think they have EQUAL potential.

Or maybe with his hands and blocking ability Ronnie could be listed as a 3rd TE. My point is the Phins only have so many roster spots and they have to use them affectively according to the talent pool they have to choose from. Thinking outside the box, I think it would be stupid to put Morris or Kay Jay of the practice squad and leave a player like Ed Perry on the roster. They could always us him in a very divers way.

Imagine if you will a 3te 1 wr set with Ronnie in the back field. Mcmice and Ricky on the Strong side as TE (right) and Kay Jay on the Left. Motion any one of the 3 TE into the FB position and the D won't know what is coming. You could run a magnitude of plays from that one formation and just thouroughly beat up the apposing D.

you could send so much speed and power in any direction you choose and the D would simply have to react and hope they could get to the ball carrier or Receiver before the blockers got set up?

nowbody could play smashmouth like we could...:)

Well you need a roster spot for Perry because he a great longsnap guy. Ask the 49ers(i think) how important those guys are

Back
Top Bottom