how many eastern divison titles....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

how many eastern divison titles.......

Re: a few more!

Originally posted by dolfan06
:D
other fans can say what they want, maybe the fins have been blown out a few times, but they sure as hell won more than they've lost. the fins have had 35 seasons and to have as many championships as they have is quite a feat!:D :o :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: a few more!

Originally posted by dolfan06
:D

13's not right? I was just guessing before, but I did go to the so-called official team website to look it up and noticed they had the number listed at 16. But 3 of those 16 seasons they listed, 1975, 1977, and 1978 the team finished tied for 1st, but didn't actually win the division. In '75 and '77, they never made it to the playoffs, and made it in '78 as a wild card.

I think Dolphinator13 was correct with 13.

Regardless, as you said, to make the playoffs 21 out of 35 times(30 if you don't count the 1st 5), and finish at least tied for 1st in the division 16 out of those 21 times, is quite a feat for any professional team to achieve.

even though it was a tie

in those three years, the media guide still gives credit for 16 years, they may have shared the title but they still had it. it also shows 21 years of actually making the playoffs!:D

Back
Top Bottom