How many Linebackers can we keep on our final roster? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many Linebackers can we keep on our final roster?

I'd say you want 8-
Thomas, Pope, Seau, Crowder, Spragan, Moore, maybe Jenkins or Ayenbadejo and MAYBE! Lionel Turner.

How many Linebackers did we have for last years final 53?

Given: Zach Thomas, Junior Seau, Donnie Spragan, Channing Crowder, Derrick Pope

Maybes: Corey Jenkins, Eddie Moore, Brendan Ayanbadejo

Camp: Lionel Turner,Winston Taylor, Derek Curry

Zach Thomas, Junior Seau, Donnie Spragan, Channing Crowder, Derrick Pope,Corey Jenkins, Eddie Moore, Brendan Ayanbadejo.
2 more than we need

IMO, we will keep only 6 LB's. I hate to say it, but i dont think that Pope will make the team this year. The 6 LB's that i see making the team are:

Zach Thomas
Junior Seau
Donnie Spragan
Channing Crowder
Eddie Moore
Brendon Ayanbadejo

Have to see what happens in camp and preseason games, but I have a feeling Pope won't make the team...but would land on somebody's else roster maybe?

Id say we'll probably keep 7:
Zach, Seau, Crowder, Spragan are givens.
Moore and Pope are likely.
And 1 from: Corey Jenkins, Brendan Ayanbadejo, Lionel Turner (likely pick imo), Winston Taylor, Derek Curry

i dont think Jenkins will make it. he came in late cos he knew our system when he returned. 2 new LBs into the mix in Spagan and Crowder has made me excited about them stepping in and taking over from Seau and Zach. Zach has at least 2 seasons left in the tank IMO. Moore hasnt lightened the world up yet so with the addition of Crowder and possibly Spragan its not looking too bad.

I think Pope, and Jenkins will make it. Jenkins for his special team play. My opinion is that Moore and A may not make it.

Boik14 said:
Id say we'll probably keep 7:
Zach, Seau, Crowder, Spragan are givens.
Moore and Pope are likely.
And 1 from: Corey Jenkins, Brendan Ayanbadejo, Lionel Turner (likely pick imo), Winston Taylor, Derek Curry
That's probably pretty close, the guy that shows the most on special teams during preseason from the bottom list will probably make it.

If you look at the sizes of the Linebackers Saban has brought in ( Spragan, Crowder, Turner ) and look at our linebackers that were heare previous ( Thomas, Seau, Moore, Pope, Ayanbadejo, Jenkins, etc. ), you will ifnd only one ( Seau ) actually matches up physically with the new guys.

Because of that, I think the backups and special teamers will be gone. Obviously Zach will stay and I think Moore might as well since he was such a high pick, but the others could be in jeopardy.

Seau, Thomas, Spragan will probably shake out to be your starters with Moore, Crowder, Pope and maybe Turner as the backups/special teamers.

Remember, Belichick kept a lot of LB's. At one point, he had 12 on the roster. However, the difference is that we have JT and David Bowens. Both of whom can line up at LB when we show some 3-4 looks. Right there that gives us two more "linebackers" so the need to keep a bunch is negated, especially if they aren't versatile enough to switch in and out of schemes.

4-3 look will feature something like this:
Taylor, Traylor, Carter, Holliday/Bowens
Seau, Thomas, Spragan

3-4 could look like so:
Holliday, Traylor, Carter
Spragan, Thomas, Seau, Taylor

Obviously Crowder, Roth and Bowens will be brought into the mix on both as well. But you can see that with our versatility with Taylor and Carter, that we could, in theory, line up in our base defense and the shift right into a 3-4 before the snap if needed. Saban has the players available to him to do this and talk about confusing as hell to the QB's.

Back
Top Bottom