How many more games do YOU as a fan want to see the Dolphins win this year? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many more games do YOU as a fan want to see the Dolphins win this year?

How many more wins do you want to win as a fan?

• Total voters
I don't think we need all homerun. I don't even think that's the new direction of this team. String together doubles and you still win. That's what the pats do. I'm looking for solid pieces moving forward. Only need 1 Homerun...QB.
The pats got Belichick, we don't. You can't duplicate his mind. If the plan is to play it safe, that sucks because that's what we've been doing for years.

Id argue that you wont have to give up the farm if you're desperate for 1 guy. Moving up from 8 to 1 would take probably 2 1sts (#8 and #20ish) and probably a 3rdish. Depends on how badly each team wants the pick to be honest.

We have like 14 draft picks, if you think we are getting 14 of our 2020 53-man roster with those you're delusional. If we took all 14 at least 3 wont make the 53 man.
I actually don't see that happening, I don't believe they give up there picks at this point to move up in the draft, that goes against what I believe is there core principle which is to acquire more draft picks which in turn will find more success in the draft.

Everyone is thinking it's QB or bust and that may not be exactly what Grier is thinking, he may be forced to play positional drafting and forgo a QB in the 2020 draft.

The GM and the coach seem to be working at cross purposes now and it's actually interesting to watch, Grier has the throttle in full reverse while Flores has the throttle on full forward.

Big mistake to bring in Ryan Fitzpatrick, when he is good he can beat anyone, when he is bad he can lose to anyone. Flores has the team playing at higher level than most thought was possible with the road blocks Grier has and continues to throw in the way.

Dolphins could win the majority of the remaining games if good Fitzpatrick shows for the games, Dolphins are thru the ruff part of the season, how many more road blocks can Grier come up with? Picking 8th or 9th in the draft is looking like it's very realistic and Flores padding his win stats to 5-11 or as high as 7-9.

Question of how many do you want them to win isn't the right question, the question is how many can they win?

The pats got Belichick, we don't. You can't duplicate his mind. If the plan is to play it safe, that sucks because that's what we've been doing for years.
It took a long way and lots of work for belly to get to where he got. There were many a times before the Brady era they said he was/would fail.

I know what you are saying but that argument is so overused. With that logic, we wouldnt ever draft a prospect because we dont know. You got to play the odds. Tua has the highest odds of being the best. I think thats pretty obvious at this point. Should we win a couple of games and lessen our odds that we get the best QB?

Actually, we agree completely. My point was there are NO absolutes with anything related to humans. "Highest odds" carries with it a chance of failure. That's my point. There are some who would sell their soul to get Tua - they are ABSOLUTELY certain he is Montana, PManning, Marino folded into one body. I see some odds he can be Ryan Leaf or Johnny Football. we can argue over those odds, but odds imply uncertainty.

Yeah, get the highest odds players at positions of need. That's what good teams do. Should we win a couple more games? we have no control. Ross and Grier have no control. Wouldn't surprise me Miami wins 1-2 more. The goal doesn't change. Get the highest odds players at positions of need.

I’m not worried about where we draft. All I care about is finding the right players for our system. Many of the best QBs the last 20 years have simply been on the right team with the right coaching staff for them to succeed. I don’t say that to take away from their accomplishments. It’s more that if you put Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. in Miami they never would have had the same level of success.

It took a long way and lots of work for belly to get to where he got. There were many a times before the Brady era they said he was/would fail.
So we got to wait 10+ years, 3 different teams before Flores reaches Belichick's coaching path to success? Don't see how that benefits the Dolphins.

So we got to wait 10+ years, 3 different teams before Flores reaches Belichick's coaching path to success? Don't see how that benefits the Dolphins.
The benefit is now we have a 1st year coach carrying that experience carving his own path. One I would say more successful that bellys beginnings. I guess my main point is there are so many ready to give up on players without development...they are now throwing upon coaches. Don't you believe the browns would love belly back over kitchens.

I actually don't see that happening, I don't believe they give up there picks at this point to move up in the draft, that goes against what I believe is there core principle which is to acquire more draft picks which in turn will find more success in the draft.

Everyone is thinking it's QB or bust and that may not be exactly what Grier is thinking, he may be forced to play positional drafting and forgo a QB in the 2020 draft.

The GM and the coach seem to be working at cross purposes now and it's actually interesting to watch, Grier has the throttle in full reverse while Flores has the throttle on full forward.

Big mistake to bring in Ryan Fitzpatrick, when he is good he can beat anyone, when he is bad he can lose to anyone. Flores has the team playing at higher level than most thought was possible with the road blocks Grier has and continues to throw in the way.

Dolphins could win the majority of the remaining games if good Fitzpatrick shows for the games, Dolphins are thru the ruff part of the season, how many more road blocks can Grier come up with? Picking 8th or 9th in the draft is looking like it's very realistic and Flores padding his win stats to 5-11 or as high as 7-9.

Question of how many do you want them to win isn't the right question, the question is how many can they win?

Agree. Grier (not by himself, but with his staff and Flores) may not be QB or bust. He doesn't go into a cave and come out with HIS picks. I've said a few times, I think Flo will want a QB who is mentally quick and a good diagnostician. Will that be Tua? Likely, but no one can be certain. If it's, say, Herbert, the 1st pick may be Chase. Some confuse their desire with reality. Like everyone else, I want the best QB Miami can get. Like everyone else, I have no idea who Grier/Flo will think is the 'best.'
I may be in a minority, but the signing of RF was NOT an accident nor was it a maniacal strategy to confuse fans/opponents. He was signed, at worst, to mentor Rosen and, at best, to get a few wins. But, that goes against the narrative.
I still think Miami has a chance to win 2-3 more. A CHANCE - not a prediction. Miami plays some pedestrian (or worse) teams and we all know 'any given Sunday.'

I will take that bet although I’d prefer to see where we finish pick wise prior as in our pick.

I'll bet you $25, donated to Finheaven that it's more likely Miami trades down from their first selection, then up to No.1. To keep the parameters simple. The likely outcome to be a push with no trade.

I suspect we will either be 2nd or 3rd but we will know after we see what Cincy looks like with Finley at the helm. It's more likely he wins his first start than his last. Guys are more prone to success right out of the gate than after a few games of film for NFL DC's to plan.

Jacksonville and Oakland hold the keys to our tie breaker scenarios. We need them to win, win, win. Especially when facing the Colts or Chargers, who we need to lose, lose lose. Both the Jets and Bengals have Jax and Oak on their schedule where we have LAC and Indy. Nick Foles coming back is a good thing. Rivers and Brissett missing time would be nice but I'm not going to go there with rooting for injuries.

At some point a thread with updated strength of schedule tracking results will have to be in the main forum. I might do it on Tuesday next week after another round of games.

Are there no draft websites that have produced updated draft order yet?

This week:

TNF: Chargers at Raiders. Let's go Oakland! No question about it.

Browns over Bills would be HUGE. Monster tie breaker implications here.

Rams over Steelers, would help in two ways.

Jets/Giants. There is a benefit either way here. A Jets win helps us because we are competing for draft seeding with them, a Giants win helps our potential SOS tie breaker vs. Cincy. Being that the Jets factor twice on our schedule, makes sense to want them to lose as Cincy appears to be a bigger obstacle. This one isn't so cut and dry.

I'll bet you $25, donated to Finheaven that it's more likely Miami trades down from their first selection, then up to No.1. To keep the parameters simple. The likely outcome to be a push with no trade.

I suspect we will either be 2nd or 3rd but we will know after we see what Cincy looks like with Finley at the helm. It's more likely he wins his first start than his last. Guys are more prone to success right out of the gate than after a few games of film for NFL DC's to plan.

Jacksonville and Oakland hold the keys to our tie breaker scenarios. We need them to win, win, win. Especially when facing the Colts or Chargers, who we need to lose, lose lose. Both the Jets and Bengals have Jax and Oak on their schedule where we have LAC and Indy. Nick Foles coming back is a good thing. Rivers and Brissett missing time would be nice but I'm not going to go there with rooting for injuries.

At some point a thread with updated strength of schedule tracking results will have to be in the main forum. I might do it on Tuesday next week after another round of games.

Are there no draft websites that have produced updated draft order yet?

This week:

Tomorrow night: Let's go Raiders. vs. LAC. No question about it.

Browns over Bills would be HUGE. Monster tie breaker implications here.

Rams over Steelers, would help in two ways.

Jets/Giants. There is a benefit either way here. A Jets win helps us because we are competing for draft seeding with them, a Giants win helps our potential SOS tie breaker vs. Cincy. Being that the Jets factor twice on our schedule, makes sense to want them to lose as Cincy appears to be a bigger obstacle. This one isn't so cut and dry.

I accept the bet if it’s Miami trades up or down with its top pick. Push if they stay where they are.

I take they trade up you take they trade down. Stay put it’s a push. You in?

I accept the bet if it’s Miami trades up or down with its top pick. Push if they stay where they are.

I take they trade up you take they trade down. Stay put it’s a push. You in?

Absolutely.

I'll propose you a 2nd $25 wager that says our first pick is going to be Chase Young or Joe Burrow vs. The Field.

Back
Top Bottom