How Many More Wins on the Schedule? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Many More Wins on the Schedule?

With this team we seem to lose the easier ones and win the hard ones. No one thought we would beat Atlanta. There just seems to be something missing, like leadership or spirit.
We tend to play to the competition. But Atlanta is pretty much in the same boat as we are at the moment. That win is no longer impressive aside from a road rally in hindsight. They're not a very good football team.

2...maybe 3. We aren't splitting with NE and I doubt we split with Buffalo. Lose at Carolina and KC. We beat TB and Denver.

I just don't see Buffalo, Carolina, Tampa or Denver as games Miami can't be in contention to win and the Chiefs will likely have things wrapped up and might be resting players come week 16.

Six.

Starting with Carolina, baby. Number one defense? What happens when the irresistable force meets the unmovable object? I don't know, baby, and we ain't gonna find out.

9-6 Miami in a squeaker.

Denver, Tampa, Buffalo, Buffalo, Carolina and one vs NE. Everything changes Monday night.

Definitely feel like this is the game Miami has to win if they are to make a move. Honestly, the next two games are probably must wins. At 6-4, with momentum, anything is possible.

I'll bite on Denver, Tampa Bay, and a split with Buffalo at best. The Bucs might be the only game we're favored to win.

I don't give this team a shot in hell on the road in prime time in Carolina. That game has shut out written all over it. If Cutler plays close to how he did on Sunday night then we won't get embarrassed I suppose. Cam is turnover prone, but our secondary isn't exactly prone to generating turnovers.

I agree on paper this is one of those games that looks like a Carolina win. But, call it a feeling or whatever. I just think Miami plays it's best game of the year. Having McDonald and Larsen certainly can give the Dolphins a lift and if Newton has a bad turnover that could turn the game. Newton is awesome at times, but still inconsistent.

Some of you think Tanny is Dan Marino, Tom Brady or Aron Rodgers. No way we could have won against Baltimore, Jets and New Orleans. The reason we lost is our putrid OL and the preparation for the game. We were nullified on the first half of almost all of our games. If we dont invest on a potential top 10 QB, then we will need a very good HC calling plays as the best of them, also we will need a top 15 OL and a RB that can be an every down back. In resume we will need to search for the next Goff, Wentz or Watson, or a Hunt, a very good center and guard and hope Gase starts coaching like a Harbaugh and stops acting like a Bellichick!

Tannehill may not have survived this year, honestly, with the play of the offensive line.

6-10 this year. Tampa because Winston is out and Denver bc they have no QB.

Easy to see the trend here.

Some of you think Tanny is Dan Marino, Tom Brady or Aron Rodgers.

I have not heard anyone compare him to Marino, I don't think he is Marino...have no idea where you get that, just because people that actually can see how good he can be, and call him a good QB, that does not mean anyone is comparing him to Marino.

No way we could have won against Baltimore, Jets and New Orleans. The reason we lost is our putrid OL and the preparation for the game. We were nullified on the first half of almost all of our games.

Don't look now, but that putrid O-line is just a bit better then the O-line Tannehill has had to deal with for most of his career, last year to him was like a godsend. The way the Jets and Saints game went, I have no doubt that both games would have been at worst, far more competitive. One of the reasons was as you said up there, Miami was pretty much held in check every week in the 1st half, If Tannehill had played, Miami would have had more scoring drives (Making the score far more favorable for Miami), would have had less 3 and outs (helping defense rest, and stay fresher each series), and would have taken more time from the clock (Hurting the Jets and Saints from scoring, or even getting in sync).

If we dont invest on a potential top 10 QB, then we will need a very good HC calling plays as the best of them, also we will need a top 15 OL and a RB that can be an every down back. In resume we will need to search for the next Goff, Wentz or Watson, or a Hunt, a very good center and guard and hope Gase starts coaching like a Harbaugh and stops acting like a Bellichick!

Right, because getting a top ten QB is so easy to get every draft. Tannehill last year after he started getting accustomed to Gase's offense was not only playing like a top ten QB, he was playing like a top 5 QB...playing better (before getting hurt) then that QB you just mentioned by the name of Wentz.

As far as Gase and his coaching, seems though you know right now we have an O-line that is playing substandard, not as much success at QB, RB, or WR to this point (this year, compared to last), yet this team is one game from again reaching the playoffs (In better shape then your man Harbaugh), you seem to be contradicting yourself a bit.

Last edited:
I think we beat the panthers, tampa, and denver, everything else is in the air imo. only concerning part about carolina is mccaffery unless timmons is on him

I really miss the days gone by when I could look at the upcoming Carolina game and feel even somewhat optimistic as to the outcome.

These days I only think about how Cam Newton will play lights out (think a couple years back when the Buffalo backup who is no longer in the league shredded Miami)
or
How the Carolina defense is anchored by Luke at LB while Miami has more holes in its armor than swiss cheese

Ive been to every game Miami has played in Panther country since they joined the league and they (Fins) have won them ALL but this is the year the streak dies along with the rest of the fading Dolphin mystic...I will not be there.

Sorry to be a downer Boys but Carolina 31 - 10 and it will never be close.

IMO...We have witnessed the last win of 2017

I hope Im wrong on all accounts but time will tell

Last edited:
Some of you think Tanny is Dan Marino, Tom Brady or Aron Rodgers. No way we could have won against Baltimore, Jets and New Orleans. The reason we lost is our putrid OL and the preparation for the game. We were nullified on the first half of almost all of our games. If we dont invest on a potential top 10 QB, then we will need a very good HC calling plays as the best of them, also we will need a top 15 OL and a RB that can be an every down back. In resume we will need to search for the next Goff, Wentz or Watson, or a Hunt, a very good center and guard and hope Gase starts coaching like a Harbaugh and stops acting like a Bellichick!

I don't know how you define "potential" top 10 QB. One way is draft slot. I presume teams who think they're getting a potential top 10 QB would be willing to invest big time in the draft. Let's take the QBs drafted top 10 for 1011>2015. CERTAINLY those QBs should have top 10 "potential. I'm skipping 2016/17 to give QBs time to get used to the NFL game.

Newton, Locker, Gabbert, Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Bortles, Winston, Mariota. I don't see many perennial top 10 QBs. Of course, the lower the draft pick, the lower the odds.

Very hard to tell with this team. If we beat Carolina everyone will think all problems are fixed but this team has many problems and it doesn't stop with the offense. Our defense is not all that great. Yes they have spots where they played very good football but when the other team's QB has a raiting of over 100 in every game then your defense is that not good. We don't have a consistent pass rush and we don't create many turnovers either. The safety spots has not been good(maybe TJM) will help but you can't count on a guy that hasn't played in so long to come in and played like an all pro in his first 2 or 3 games. It will take time.
The offense can't reach it's potential because the o-line won't allow them to. Our punter has been trending down too and out return game has not done anything good while doing some dumb things from time to time. If all this continues then I see no more than 2 or 3 wins the rest of the way

Ozzy rules!!

I said at the start of the season I'd be happy with 8-8, after Tanny and McMillan went down. Though I must admit I don't see us getting there at this rate.
Likeliest path to getting to 8-8 - beat Buffalo once, beat Denver, Tampa and hope the Chiefs have it locked up by week 16 and are resting players.

Carolina game - best defense against putrid offense on a Monday night ... putrid offense on the road ... putrid offense on a team which plays drastically in Prime Time matchups, I sadly just don't see us winning that.
Pats - they're not the team they were, but I see them sweeping us nonetheless.
Bills - I'm hoping we can sneak one against them. But they're just the kind of tough team that Miami has struggled with for as long as I've followed them.

The Bucs lost their franchise QB to injury and Denver is still searching for a franchise QB. Only two games I see as a chance.

Back
Top Bottom